Beware of Fram oil filters

I doubt, that Honda produces the OEM oil filters themselves. I'd say, they have a supplier for the filters.

Here in Germany Mahle is the oil filter supplier for BMW (and others). Knowing that, you can buy directly the Mahle oil filter on the market. However, it's not much cheaper than buying from BMW...
 
Django_imp said:
I doubt, that Honda produces the OEM oil filters themselves. I'd say, they have a supplier for the filters.

Here in Germany Mahle is the oil filter supplier for BMW (and others). Knowing that, you can buy directly the Mahle oil filter on the market. However, it's not much cheaper than buying from BMW...
..as long as is authorized by Honda and within their specs..same with any other parts world wide/any auto-moto maker
:)
 
FWIW, the Honda oil filter and the Triumph oil filter I buy for my CB and Bonneville are identical right down to the wording - except for the company name.
 
Rocky_imp said:
FWIW, the Honda oil filter and the Triumph oil filter I buy for my CB and Bonneville are identical right down to the wording - except for the company name.
That's is a good feeling I reckon.
 
Back
Top