Better Than Money

zippooriginal_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I just have to post this.
Not long ago I bought a $50 Torc full face helmet that I planned to use riding a Honda 350 around town. Soon after I had to move out of state quickly so I had a garage sale that included my unused Torc helmet. I put a price of $5 on it.
A father and his 7 year old son approached me and said he wanted to
buy the helmet for his son. I explained the helmet was to big for his son and would offer little protection. Dad told me his son doesn't ride anything but his bicycle, the boy just wanted to wear a motorcycle racers helmet. So I sold it to him.
Fast forward two weeks... I had just exited the local Walmart when I heard a strange voice behind me say, how you doing? I turned around
and it was the Dad. He thanked me again for the helmet. I looked down and there was his 7 year old son wearing the helmet.
I'll never forget that.
 
zippooriginal_imp said:
I just have to post this.
Not long ago I bought a $50 Torc full face helmet that I planned to use riding a Honda 350 around town. Soon after I had to move out of state quickly so I had a garage sale that included my unused Torc helmet. I put a price of $5 on it.
A father and his 7 year old son approached me and said he wanted to
buy the helmet for his son. I explained the helmet was to big for his son and would offer little protection. Dad told me his son doesn't ride anything but his bicycle, the boy just wanted to wear a motorcycle racers helmet. So I sold it to him.
Fast forward two weeks... I had just exited the local Walmart when I heard a strange voice behind me say, how you doing? I turned around
and it was the Dad. He thanked me again for the helmet. I looked down and there was his 7 year old son wearing the helmet.
I'll never forget that.
Ya just never know!
 
Awesome! Some of those things we get when we're young last us a lifetime...memories.
 
Nice story, zippooriginal!
 
I was relaying this story to my son (who is now in college) earlier today. He liked the story we had a good laugh thinking about it. Then he said "Yeah, I really wanted a motorcycle helmet when I was a little kid too so I could wear it around when riding my bike, because I thought they looked cool. I just never asked for one."
 
G'day FloydR. Welcome to the forum. Why not pop over to the new members section and tell us a bit about yourself?
 
Cormanus, it is really 117F where you are? By Sydney?
 
No, popgun, Pterodactyl lives in Sydney. I’m 1,000 kms north in Brisbane where it hasn’t been so brutally hot. It’s been pretty warm—low to mid 30s every day—but not, thanks be, over 40.

Temperatures are in Celcius so Brisbane temperatures are mid 90s F.
 
Back
Top