Best Weather App for riding?

For Canada, I find "WeatherCAN" easy, light and quickly informative. Available on Android and iOS.

It won't cover U.S. points of interest, but the active radar will dig down into much of the U.S.
 
Being in the outdoor event business, I use Weather Underground and Weather Bug. One is usually more optimistic about rain than the other, and I sort of average the results
 
I use Accuweather app on my phone which I find pretty accurate
 
I use Accuweather as well and find it best for short range forecasting. For long range (more than a few days) I've found Dark Sky to be the best but it has just been integrated into Apple Weather as of the new year.
 
:rofl:

We used to have a radio DJ here in Cinti that when it came time to give the weather forecast, you could hear a window opening up, and he'd stick his head out and say "warm and sunny" or "wet and cold" or "looks like it might snow" lol
 
The ferret_imp said:
:rofl:

We used to have a radio DJ here in Cinti that when it came time to give the weather forecast, you could hear a window opening up, and he'd stick his head out and say "warm and sunny" or "wet and cold" or "looks like it might snow" lol
:rofl:

Seriously, we are so lucky to have that kind of technology today. Once upon a time, long, long ago, I rode my KZ 750 to work wearing my usual Air Force short-sleeve blue shirt and low-quarter shoes, light weight blue trousers and a helmet for safety. Didn't even wear gloves back then. Just before quitting time, I looked outside and saw the sky toward my house was black. I got very, very wet. Poured water out of those shoes when I got home. A weather app is a good thing.
:biker:
 
Nachodaddy_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
:rofl:

We used to have a radio DJ here in Cinti that when it came time to give the weather forecast, you could hear a window opening up, and he'd stick his head out and say "warm and sunny" or "wet and cold" or "looks like it might snow" lol
:rofl:

Seriously, we are so lucky to have that kind of technology today. Once upon a time, long, long ago, I rode my KZ 750 to work wearing my usual Air Force short-sleeve blue shirt and low-quarter shoes, light weight blue trousers and a helmet for safety. Didn't even wear gloves back then. Just before quitting time, I looked outside and saw the sky toward my house was black. I got very, very wet. Poured water out of those shoes when I got home. A weather app is a good thing.
:biker:
lol - I reckon many of us can relate to that when we were all young. :)
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
:rofl:

We used to have a radio DJ here in Cinti that when it came time to give the weather forecast, you could hear a window opening up, and he'd stick his head out and say "warm and sunny" or "wet and cold" or "looks like it might snow" lol
WKRP?
 
ymtnpoah11_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
:rofl:

We used to have a radio DJ here in Cinti that when it came time to give the weather forecast, you could hear a window opening up, and he'd stick his head out and say "warm and sunny" or "wet and cold" or "looks like it might snow" lol
WKRP?
WKRP?
Jeez, I remember that show.
 
As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly
 
My cousin has that line on a t-shirt.

That's the funniest show ever...
"The turkeys seem to be mounting a counter-attack"
 
I'd like an easy to read barometer/altimeter mounted on the handlebars. You could tell an awful lot from those two things about what is going to happen real soon in where you are. No internet or phone needed. As far as app, The default android weather app is great.
 
@tom, I”d really like to get your detailed weather forecast based on ONLY what yoy see in your baro. You set time and place in advance, and warn me ahead of time about when this test takes place. Next I watch what”s happening those next 3h from your set start time.
Any time, pal
 
The Gecko_imp said:
@tom, I”d really like to get your detailed weather forecast based on ONLY what yoy see in your baro. You set time and place in advance, and warn me ahead of time about when this test takes place. Next I watch what”s happening those next 3h from your set start time.
Any time, pal
Are you giving me a hard time? If the barometer is falling, rain is coming. If it is steady, no change. I like to ride around mountainous areas where weather predictions are only partially useful and the weather may change from rain to sun several times a day. A falling barometer give me some warning to look for cover soon. If you'd like real time predictions while you're out on your next ride, I charge $1,000 to track you for 4 hours.
 
I use Accuweather mostly, but I also have an app called Highway Weather. I don't pay the subscription fee, but did pay the one-time $5.00 to remove ads. The annual subscription is $15.00, but I haven't dug into what features get unlocked with the subscription.

What I get for my ad-free version is the ability to pick a destination and a time/date of departure and it shows the forecast along the route. I can add stops along the route, too. I can set it to send me alerts for rain on the route, but I don't often keep that app running as I ride (perhaps I should).

It does not integrate with my nav app so the route it lays is based on Google Maps, but I can program in average speed and it factors in somewhat that I'm on a motorcycle instead of a cage.

I like that I can look at a 200 mile point to point trip and decide whether it's better to leave at 7:00am or 9:00am -- unless I'm riding with Ferret then it's 7:00am no matter what and we stop en route if we get too wet.
 
Tom_imp said:
The Gecko_imp said:
@tom, I”d really like to get your detailed weather forecast based on ONLY what yoy see in your baro. You set time and place in advance, and warn me ahead of time about when this test takes place. Next I watch what”s happening those next 3h from your set start time.
Any time, pal
Are you giving me a hard time? If the barometer is falling, rain is coming. If it is steady, no change. I like to ride around mountainous areas where weather predictions are only partially useful and the weather may change from rain to sun several times a day. A falling barometer give me some warning to look for cover soon. If you'd like real time predictions while you're out on your next ride, I charge $1,000 to track you for 4 hours.
Are you giving me a hard time? ...
Maybe in a sort of "Fred Flintstone" sort of way? :) :beerchug:
 
Back
Top