Best Tire

Josiah_Hurt_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
I know I've seen this covered before but can't seem to find it so....best tires, in your opinion, to put on my CB.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Running Michelin Pilot Road 3's on mine as are several others on the forum. Very pleased with them thus far.

Where in Georgia are you Josiah?
 
Michelin Pilot Road 3's here too
 
Running Pirelli Angel GTs and loving them. No real reason I choose these over PR3's, the Pirelli's were just half-price when I bought them.

I think any of the modern top-of-the-line sport touring tires will serve you well.
 
Actually the stock Dunlops and Bridgestones are perfectly adequate tires given the performance limitations of the motor, suspension and frame. However some of the better aftermarket tires provide a little breathing space above just adequate for those that care to explore the limits of the bike.
 
I love my PR3s :banana: They feel very solid on twisty roads and much more stable in the rain than my stock Bridgestones. If that's not enough the dual compound PR3s are wearing much better as well. My original front BT54 was bald at 6K miles. The PR3 front currently has 6.5K miles on it and hardly looks worn.
 
Flynrider_imp said:
I love my PR3s :banana: They feel very solid on twisty roads and much more stable in the rain than my stock Bridgestones. If that's not enough the dual compound PR3s are wearing much better as well. My original front BT54 was bald at 6K miles. The PR3 front currently has 6.5K miles on it and hardly looks worn.
+1 The PR3s feel much more planted mid-corner, which was a bit counter to what I was expecting given the change in profile. The bike wants to lean now and feels more stable doing so than my stock Dunlops.
 
A properly inflated one. Check regularly.
Lots of good choices out there, be honest and access your riding style and what conditions you ride in and what you avoid. Price alone doesn't determine best or worst, but is a factor.
Have used various Michelins, Dunlops, and Bridgestones over the years. Will confess that upgrading tire choice makes a remarkable difference in ride and handling. My old rule of thumb was budget for a new rear tire every year and front every other.
Michelin is a good choice.
 
I've always felt it's a double edge sword....the longer a tire lasts the harder the compound and less grip it has, assuming all other things equal.
I'll stick with stock size and Bridgestone radials that came with it...there is a link to an article or video from Honda on how much time and thought when in to their tire choice for the CB.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Actually the stock Dunlops and Bridgestones are perfectly adequate tires given the performance limitations of the motor, suspension and frame. However some of the better aftermarket tires provide a little breathing space above just adequate for those that care to explore the limits of the bike.
I agree with that.
Those brands provide all the performance that I'll ever need. I'm not one to push tires to their limits and both brands (and similar "adequate" brands) offer more than enough for my style of riding. I've been using Bridgestone's for years and have no complaints whatever.
But this is not to say that from time to time I don't turn up the wick and enjoy a "spirited" ride - knowing full well what my limits are.
As Dirty Harry said, "A man's gotta know his limitations." :D
 
Have just retired the stock Dunlops at 16150 km, have now got the Bridgestone OEM spec tyres on and after 700 km am satisfied the cost $350 AUS front and rear fitted. I live in a smallish town and the local bike shop blokes view is to recommend the OEM spec tyre and I share his perspective.

I hope you find what you're looking for in a tyre. I've let Honda do it and that works for me.

One month till Phillip Island.

Regards
 
noroomtomove_imp said:
Have just retired the stock Dunlops at 16150 km, have now got the Bridgestone OEM spec tyres on and after 700 km am satisfied the cost $350 AUS front and rear fitted. I live in a smallish town and the local bike shop blokes view is to recommend the OEM spec tyre and I share his perspective.

I hope you find what you're looking for in a tyre. I've let Honda do it and that works for me.

One month till Phillip Island.

Regards
Did you get that mileage out of both the front and back or was one changed out sometime in there? That's pretty awesome mileage from our stock tires.
 
I'm one of your metric neighbours to the north. I got about 9k kms out my fronts and 14k from my rear. Not debating it, just seemed like really good wear numbers.
 
"Best tire" means different things to different people. Best mileage? Best handling? Best in wet conditions? Best value? Best looking? These properties often tend to be mutually exclusive as you know.

I've only had my CB for a month and 1000 miles, but so far its BT-54's seem fine given the bike's weight, performance, and how I ride the bike (no freeways). I run Metzelers and Michelins on my BMW's and they seem well suited for those bikes.
 
Thread starter
redbirds_imp said:
Running Michelin Pilot Road 3's on mine as are several others on the forum. Very pleased with them thus far.

Where in Georgia are you Josiah?
That's the tire I remember seeing. I should have specified my riding conditions. I live in the very North East corner of Georgia in Clayton. TONS of windy mountain roads but not always ideal for riding.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LongRanger_imp said:
"Best tire" means different things to different people. Best mileage? Best handling? Best in wet conditions? Best value? Best looking? These properties often tend to be mutually exclusive as you know.

I've only had my CB for a month and 1000 miles, but so far its BT-54's seem fine given the bike's weight, performance, and how I ride the bike (no freeways). I run Metzelers and Michelins on my BMW's and they seem well suited for those bikes.
Yes, it does. That's why I said "in your opinion".


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
attraction? :rofl:

I have no attraction to tread patterns of tires. I only care if the tires stick wet and dry, how they feel while cornering and how they last. Beyond that they are just black rubber rings that protect the rims as far as I am concerned. If they had butterflies engraved in them, did all I asked, and lasted 25,000 miles they would be on my bike. :thumbsup:
 
The ferret_imp said:
attraction? :rofl:

I have no attraction to tread patterns of tires. I only care if the tires stick wet and dry, how they feel while cornering and how they last. Beyond that they are just black rubber rings that protect the rims as far as I am concerned. If they had butterflies engraved in them, did all I asked, and lasted 25,000 miles they would be on my bike. :thumbsup:
wait...this coming from the person who likes the balanced look from behind of a dual exhaust CB as compared to an uneven single exhaust :-) something about synergy and the stars aligning....
 
Back
Top