Best tank protector

ardbeglily_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
I’ve searched this site and haven’t found much on tank protection. I have a nice OEM protector on my ST1300 and looking for similar for the CB. Thanks
 
63ce40918220c52244aecdb813d7ea7b.jpg


I just ordered one of these, I think it looks good. Hasn't arrived yet.

World Walk : G2 Protection Tank Pad [g2-1]
 
Ardbeglily, I have contemplated the same subject many times for my 2017EX. I did not see any year posted for your CB, which will make a difference for some of the pre-cut kits out there, because of changes in the shape of the tank. I like the look of the TechSpec, and the ability to peel off and reposition if necessary, but I think the shape of the pads is more suited to the pre 2017 tank shape.

If your bike is 2017 or later, I think the pads Treedoc has listed from WeBike Japan, are the best complementary shape I have seen to this point.
 
Thread starter
2017EX_imp said:
Ardbeglily, I have contemplated the same subject many times for my 2017EX. I did not see any year posted for your CB, which will make a difference for some of the pre-cut kits out there, because of changes in the shape of the tank. I like the look of the TechSpec, and the ability to peel off and reposition if necessary, but I think the shape of the pads is more suited to the pre 2017 tank shape.

If your bike is 2017 or later, I think the pads Treedoc has listed from WeBike Japan, are the best complementary shape I have seen to this point.
2014 Thanks
 
mspaansnl_imp said:
I think this is the best tank protector :thumbsup:
I'm in two minds about these "Bagster" style tank covers. They defeat the purpose a little to my mind, you lose the sparkling paintwork for a dull matt finish, it's like having plastic on a sofa set.

I will admit they are not a bad price from Bagster and useful if you are combining with a tank bag.
 
Back
Top