Best seat option

Jaychaynes_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Hey guys, considering a new seat and I'm sure there are plenty of opinions on here. Looking for the general consensus for best seat for a long ride if I want to, but still stylish and maybe classy looking. Not a café or brat seat, but maybe a thicker flat seat, like the ones on triumph bonnevilles.

Thanks


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Jay, asking whats the best seat is like asking whats the best oil :) I'll just sit back and watch the fun as I can't help you.
 
There are a dozen best options, it just depends on your preferences and needs. K&H, Corbin, Russell daylong, Rich's custom, etc.
 
Thread starter
kennyw_imp said:
There are a dozen best options, it just depends on your preferences and needs. K&H, Corbin, Russell daylong, Rich's custom, etc.

Thanks for those brand names. I'll research from that.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Quite a few owners, including myself, have switched to Corbin seats. They give you lots of options on materials and can sew the cover with or without pleats. They also have a reputation of being a little hard at first, but they break in over a couple hundred miles and feel great! Lots of other seat choices as well, so have fun with your research.

Here is a picture of my standard Corbin seat:

 
My Daytona cafe seat is by far one of the most comfortable seats I've ever owned. If you want a flat seat for a tail bag or passenger or putting on a luggage rack that's one thing but you would be suprised how comfortable some of the cafe seats are. My seat is a little wider than stock and you sit a little lower but the material and foam used is super comfortable and top notch quality.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk
 
Russell Day Long with be the best riding seat for long day riding bar none. Looks wise it suffers a bit. :D

Corbins are polarizing; unless you can test ride one I'd recommend avoiding them. It seems some people love 'em, the rest......don't.

I think the next best plan behind the RDL, find a good local seat maker and work with them. Since they are local they can have you test ride and adjust it until it's perfect for you.
 
Back
Top