Best CB 1100 forum ... This is home

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
I have been going back and forth between 3, the UK version, the ADV thread and this one. The Brits seem to like to talk amongst themselves ( although Chris is extremely helpful it seems), and the ADV forum has careened hopelessly off topic onto televisions.

Guth..no kidding man, this is the best most active place for lovers of the CB 1100 on the net. I'm done going elsewhere. This is home. You guys are stuck with me now :P
 
I go here and the UK board. I prefer here. The time difference over there is a pain, but there is good stuff too and info can get passed back and forth.

I could never get registered on ADV and couldn't get them to reply. Seems like a lot of fighting on it too. Way too much of my bike is better than yours because I own this bike. Same on the boat boards.
 
The ferret_imp said:
I have been going back and forth between 3, the UK version, the ADV thread and this one. The Brits seem to like to talk amongst themselves ( although Chris is extremely helpful it seems), and the ADV forum has careened hopelessly off topic onto televisions.

Guth..no kidding man, this is the best most active place for lovers of the CB 1100 on the net. I'm done going elsewhere. This is home. You guys are stuck with me now :P
I got the same feeling about the UK site. This one is juuuust right.;)
 
It's all you guys. I can't really take credit for the community that develops here. Although I should add that kicking things off with so many of you from the ADVrider forum, that had already started well down the path of great conversation, did help things evolve here quite naturally. Everything else has gone smoothly with a number of guys coming over from different forums that also knew each other onine. I didn't expect to spend so much time on admin type stuff here, and the spammers are a pain (thanks to all who flag them!), but still I'm really glad to see the way things are evolving here.

I've adapted changes on this forum slowly, but know that things will change and grow with time.

I would also add that it's not too surprising that the thread over on ADVrider would take some twists and turns. (I really wanted to ask about the old TVs but didn't want to take things further off topic.) That's one of the reasons I wanted to start a CB1100 forum — so that there would be room for things to veer off course a bit, but still keep the primary focus squarely on the big CB.
 
Guth_imp said:
It's all you guys. I can't really take credit for the community that develops here. Although I should add that kicking things off with so many of you from the ADVrider forum, that had already started well down the path of great conversation, did help things evolve here quite naturally. Everything else has gone smoothly with a number of guys coming over from different forums that also knew each other onine. I didn't expect to spend so much time on admin type stuff here, and the spammers are a pain (thanks to all who flag them!), but still I'm really glad to see the way things are evolving here.

I've adapted changes on this forum slowly, but know that things will change and grow with time.

I would also add that it's not too surprising that the thread over on ADVrider would take some twists and turns. (I really wanted to ask about the old TVs but didn't want to take things further off topic.) That's one of the reasons I wanted to start a CB1100 forum — so that there would be room for things to veer off course a bit, but still keep the primary focus squarely on the big CB.
Thanks Guth, the discussions on ADVrider do go far a field from what I care about, mainly the bike. I don't see how negative comments from people who have not rode the bike, or seen the bike, are important to CB11 owners or potential owners.
 
Thank you Guth!
& thanks to everyone in this forum. This is by far one of the most civil forums around.
I guess it's the maturity of the crowd too!

Ride safe! Cheers!
 
wildezt_imp said:
Thank you Guth!
& thanks to everyone in this forum. This is by far one of the most civil forums around.
I guess it's the maturity of the crowd too!

Ride safe! Cheers!
I'd argue against your stance, but it's time for my Ensure, and then my afternoon nap.

:P :D
 
thumper_imp said:
wildezt_imp said:
Thank you Guth!
& thanks to everyone in this forum. This is by far one of the most civil forums around.
I guess it's the maturity of the crowd too!

Ride safe! Cheers!
I'd argue against your stance, but it's time for my Ensure, and then my afternoon nap.

:P :D
I'd argue against your stance, but it's time for my Ensure, and then my afternoon nap.

:P :D Who you calling mature?.... Wait, what were we arguing about? :D
 
So far this place does not stress me out like some other hobby forums I visit, bicycles, photography, etc.
Although I have found forums and Internet in general have led me on purchasing sprees I would otherwise not have done.
I have enough IT stress at my job that I don't need it in my spare down time....
 
HikerToo_imp said:
So far this place does not stress me out like some other hobby forums I visit, bicycles, photography, etc.
Although I have found forums and Internet in general have led me on purchasing sprees I would otherwise not have done.
I have enough IT stress at my job that I don't need it in my spare down time....
I agree with Wildezt's comment about the maturity of the members. Everyone here seems laid back and willing to help others.

If I want "fireworks" I'll just go to either the golf forum I'm on or as some others have mentioned the ADVrider site along with a few others.

With the members we have here I think this site will be great for a long time.
 
I can't agree with The ferret more! Best CB 1100 forum ... This is home! Thanks to Guth and all the members who are making it what it is... Fun, interesting and like the Honda CB, a passion.
 
Man, want fireworks? Go to a boat site and ask about the "best" outboard! Or boat.

I don't get the hostility on adv. I won't ride or buy a sport bike, but I like looking at them. And Harleys (had one once). Or anything with 2 wheels. I just can't into the attitude thing. Just because I don't want want one doesn't mean I don't thing its cool!
 
Thread starter
Lol so people cant get along on ..boat..motorcycle..ADV, Sport, HD...fishing..golf....hunting forums?

So people can't get along huh? I like to tell people that 50 % of marriages fail within 6 months, and this is between 2 people that swore an oath to love and honor each other forever. Its not surprising to me that complete strangers can't get along on something as anonymous as the internet. Trouble makers are headed to this site as well...they just haven't found us yet. They are still arguing about golf or boats lol. Hopefully we can keep it civil for quite a while before they get here.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Lol so people cant get along on ..boat..motorcycle..ADV, Sport, HD...fishing..golf....hunting forums?

So people can't get along huh? I like to tell people that 50 % of marriages fail within 6 months, and this is between 2 people that swore an oath to love and honor each other forever. Its not surprising to me that complete strangers can't get along on something as anonymous as the internet. Trouble makers are headed to this site as well...they just haven't found us yet. They are still arguing about golf or boats lol. Hopefully we can keep it civil for quite a while before they get here.
I agree. Too bad there isn't a way to identify the "internet tough guys" before they wreak havoc. Guth's probably gonna need help when they start infiltrating.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Lol so people cant get along on ..boat..motorcycle..ADV, Sport, HD...fishing..golf....hunting forums?

So people can't get along huh? I like to tell people that 50 % of marriages fail within 6 months, and this is between 2 people that swore an oath to love and honor each other forever. Its not surprising to me that complete strangers can't get along on something as anonymous as the internet. Trouble makers are headed to this site as well...they just haven't found us yet. They are still arguing about golf or boats lol. Hopefully we can keep it civil for quite a while before they get here.
Ferret, I have no doubt that you're right — it's only a matter of time.

That said, I do like to think that much of the tone of any online forum is largely determined by the core group of members that remain the most active. So with that in mind, we've got a good solid start on maintaining the type of place that this forum has naturally evolved into thus far.

People that truly get out of line can always be banned if needed. But if they aren't acknowledged or encouraged in their behavior they might very well become bored with the civility of this place and lose any interest in messing with what we now have. Which would be just fine by me.
Once again, thanks all for the kind words.

Here's to keeping a good thing going.

Cheers!
Guth
 
Back
Top