holy666diver_imp
Running like a top
I am really digging that helmet. Is there anything you can do for Anti-fog? Do they make a pinlock for it?
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Certainly you're familiar with and a fan of acoustic metal?!Cormanus_imp said:Surely a man with your handle, metallyguitareded, ought to have an ace that plugs in.
There's no compatible pinlock that I'm aware of but there's decent airflow due to the lack of a chin curtain that, so far at least, has kept the shield from fogging. Another option, one I used to do after whatever anti-fog treatment had worn off or proved itself to be insufficient, was treat the inside of the shield with "Cat Crap." I had read about it on a motorcycle forum years ago, gave it a try and was sold. It's a coating that you spread onto the inside of your shield, let dry, then buff off. A little goes a long way and, if I remember correctly, I'd get about a week of fog free riding before needing to reapply. It's marketed for ski goggles and I found it at REI: http://www.rei.com/product/623337/ek-ekcessories-cat-crap-anti-fog-lens-cleanerholy666diver_imp said:I am really digging that helmet. Is there anything you can do for Anti-fog? Do they make a pinlock for it?
You bet. And thanks to the ferret for suggesting I write to them. At this point, I figured I wouldn't hear from them either. Maybe Bell is waiting for your birthday to surprise you with the re-release of the newly named "MTC Bell Newsboy Cap."EmptySea_imp said:That's cool, MG. Thanks for doing that. I got no reply from Bell on my suggestion that they re-introduce the white Bell-logoed newboy (aka drivers aka stroker) cap.
I kind of like the idea that the name didn't come from a focus group, but rather some guy that thought it sounded cool.
Haha! Let us know how it works. Your version is plentiful and less expensive.gossman_imp said:I really wished I had read the rest of the paragraph about cat crap before I ran out to the flowerbed and applied some. :blush:
pechorin75_imp said:
metallyguitarded_imp said:pechorin75_imp said:
I love it! Looks awesome!!! Really glad it's working out for you.
It's certainly not the quietest helmet I've owned. Surprisingly, it's quieter than my Bell Vortex but not as quiet as the RS-1. I've been experimenting with different ear plugs as I've read that even the best designed helmets, at speed, allow enough wind noise in to be damaging to our hearing. The foamies are cheap and easy but not very comfortable on longer rides. I've tried some Etymotic plugs http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0044...UTF8&psc=1 that actually hurt my ears with the helmet on. So far, the best I've found are a type of wax ear plugs that you can size yourself by tearing off some of the material or adding to it. You then squish it between your thumb and forefinger for about 10 seconds to heat it and make it pliable, then place it into your ear and flatten it out so it blocks the entire ear canal. [url=http://earplugsonline.com/]http://earplugsonline.com/ They work well enough but I'd love to find a simple, affordable, reusable, comfortable, effective, quick ear plug. Haha. Wouldn't we all?linuxology_imp said:Due to the shape it would seem, Wind noise seems it would be fairly noisy. Like the look though


Thanks pechorin!pechorin75_imp said:Nice! That works really well with the color of the helmet, IMHO.
Cormanus_imp said:MG, there's been occasional discussion on the forum about earplugs and noise protection. There's some discussion here. I'm also sure Pterodactyl posted some links to articles on levels of wind noise in helmets, but I can't find them.
My occasional riding buddy, Pterodactyl, put me on to Bose's extraordinary in-ear noise cancelling headphones. [url=http://worldwide.bose.com/axa/en_au/web/quietcomfort_20/page.html]Here for Android and others and [url=http://worldwide.bose.com/axa/en_au/web/quietcomfort_20i/page.html]here for the iDevice model. They're certainly not cheap, but they seriously reduce the level of noise both by fitting snugly in your ears and through the clever circuitry they employ. An added bonus is that you can use them to listen to music or instructions from a GPS without adding to the noise damage caused by wind. I now use them all the time and have no trouble getting them to stay put as I put on my helmet.
DGShannon_imp said:Cormanus_imp said:MG, there's been occasional discussion on the forum about earplugs and noise protection. There's some discussion here. I'm also sure Pterodactyl posted some links to articles on levels of wind noise in helmets, but I can't find them.
My occasional riding buddy, Pterodactyl, put me on to Bose's extraordinary in-ear noise cancelling headphones. [url=http://worldwide.bose.com/axa/en_au/web/quietcomfort_20/page.html]Here for Android and others and [url=http://worldwide.bose.com/axa/en_au/web/quietcomfort_20i/page.html]here for the iDevice model. They're certainly not cheap, but they seriously reduce the level of noise both by fitting snugly in your ears and through the clever circuitry they employ. An added bonus is that you can use them to listen to music or instructions from a GPS without adding to the noise damage caused by wind. I now use them all the time and have no trouble getting them to stay put as I put on my helmet.
Given the leather strap snap, and the way the shield is designed, I am guessing that this helmet is not leading the pack for wind noise reduction? I am putting my shield up and down constantly, as I ride (stoplights, slow through town, etc.) Maybe working that snap (with gloves on?) is not as difficult as it looks, but I am guessing yes?
Thanks Cormanus! I certainly should have searched before starting a new ear plug discussion. I'll definitely check out both the links you provided and those Bose headphones!Cormanus_imp said:MG, there's been occasional discussion on the forum about earplugs and noise protection. There's some discussion [url=http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=3056&pid=49040]here. I'm also sure Pterodactyl posted some links to articles on levels of wind noise in helmets, but I can't find them.
My occasional riding buddy, Pterodactyl, put me on to Bose's extraordinary in-ear noise cancelling headphones. [url=http://worldwide.bose.com/axa/en_au/web/quietcomfort_20/page.html]Here for Android and others and [url=http://worldwide.bose.com/axa/en_au/web/quietcomfort_20i/page.html]here for the iDevice model. They're certainly not cheap, but they seriously reduce the level of noise both by fitting snugly in your ears and through the clever circuitry they employ. An added bonus is that you can use them to listen to music or instructions from a GPS without adding to the noise damage caused by wind. I now use them all the time and have no trouble getting them to stay put as I put on my helmet.
metallyguitarded_imp said:DGShannon_imp said:Cormanus_imp said:MG, there's been occasional discussion on the forum about earplugs and noise protection. There's some discussion here. I'm also sure Pterodactyl posted some links to articles on levels of wind noise in helmets, but I can't find them.
My occasional riding buddy, Pterodactyl, put me on to Bose's extraordinary in-ear noise cancelling headphones. [url=http://worldwide.bose.com/axa/en_au/web/quietcomfort_20/page.html]Here for Android and others and [url=http://worldwide.bose.com/axa/en_au/web/quietcomfort_20i/page.html]here for the iDevice model. They're certainly not cheap, but they seriously reduce the level of noise both by fitting snugly in your ears and through the clever circuitry they employ. An added bonus is that you can use them to listen to music or instructions from a GPS without adding to the noise damage caused by wind. I now use them all the time and have no trouble getting them to stay put as I put on my helmet.
Given the leather strap snap, and the way the shield is designed, I am guessing that this helmet is not leading the pack for wind noise reduction? I am putting my shield up and down constantly, as I ride (stoplights, slow through town, etc.) Maybe working that snap (with gloves on?) is not as difficult as it looks, but I am guessing yes?
Given the leather strap snap, and the way the shield is designed, I am guessing that this helmet is not leading the pack for wind noise reduction? I am putting my shield up and down constantly, as I ride (stoplights, slow through town, etc.) Maybe working that snap (with gloves on?) is not as difficult as it looks, but I am guessing yes?
The "snap" is actually magnetic. There is nothing to actually snap into. It's easy to take hold of the button/snap and simply lift up. Closing it is likewise as simple as pushing the shield down and the magnet just affixes to the chin guard. The shield itself seals very well and the noise seems to come primarily from the wide opening on the sides of the jaw. Also, there is no chin curtain. Still, it's not as loud as one would imagine.
Thanks Cormanus! I certainly should have searched before starting a new ear plug discussion. I'll definitely check out both the links you provided and those Bose headphones!Cormanus_imp said:MG, there's been occasional discussion on the forum about earplugs and noise protection. There's some discussion [url=http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=3056&pid=49040]here. I'm also sure Pterodactyl posted some links to articles on levels of wind noise in helmets, but I can't find them.
My occasional riding buddy, Pterodactyl, put me on to Bose's extraordinary in-ear noise cancelling headphones. [url=http://worldwide.bose.com/axa/en_au/web/quietcomfort_20/page.html]Here for Android and others and [url=http://worldwide.bose.com/axa/en_au/web/quietcomfort_20i/page.html]here for the iDevice model. They're certainly not cheap, but they seriously reduce the level of noise both by fitting snugly in your ears and through the clever circuitry they employ. An added bonus is that you can use them to listen to music or instructions from a GPS without adding to the noise damage caused by wind. I now use them all the time and have no trouble getting them to stay put as I put on my helmet.
Very Daft Punk, for sure! You will have to get one of their t-shirts to wear with it, when you ride!pechorin75_imp said:Here's mine....the "Captain America / Daft Punk" version. It came with both the mirrored shield and a clear bubble...but I prefer this one. It's breaking in nicely, btw.
[url=http://s103.photobucket.com/user/pechorin75/media/Bullitt_zpsbhv5so5o.jpg.html]![]()
