Before and After

Another thumbs up. It looks amazing..
 
Thread starter
Frulk_imp said:
Gman. Did you paint the deck of your lift?
Actually it is a vinyl runner from Lowe's that looks like metal and makes cleaning up chemicals, chain lube, etc easy and protects the paint on the lift. Of course it also matches the color scheme of the bike, :clap:
 
Thread starter
With the loss of the center stand I am looking at options. Can anyone suggest a rear wheel pit stand that works with dual exhaust that they have personally used and endorse, or has anyone installed the oem center stand from a deluxe onto their standard?

Thanks for all the comments.
 
gman_imp said:
With the loss of the center stand I am looking at options. Can anyone suggest a rear wheel pit stand that works with dual exhaust that they have personally used and endorse, or has anyone installed the oem center stand from a deluxe onto their standard?

Thanks for all the comments.
Check the Pitbull website , they have rear stands for your bike . ( I have one)
 
Thread starter
peterbaron_imp said:
Gman, I might be wrong or misunderstood you, but if you get OEM 2014 DLX center stand it should work for your DLX exhaust modified '13 CB.

Here is the link:

http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=7655&highlight=DLX+exhaust

Nice mod and good luck to you.
Thanks for the suggestion and link. I tried to pm "Ron" before I started the installation for any tips he may have, but sadly never got a response. I have the parts list for the OEM stand and was wondering if anyone had actually performed the installation. The OEM parts are actually cheaper than a PitBull rear wheel stand which is a better choice as the OEM stand "rides with you".
 
gman_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
Gman, I might be wrong or misunderstood you, but if you get OEM 2014 DLX center stand it should work for your DLX exhaust modified '13 CB.

Here is the link:

http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=7655&highlight=DLX+exhaust

Nice mod and good luck to you.
Thanks for the suggestion and link. I tried to pm "Ron" before I started the installation for any tips he may have, but sadly never got a response. I have the parts list for the OEM stand and was wondering if anyone had actually performed the installation. The OEM parts are actually cheaper than a PitBull rear wheel stand which is a better choice as the OEM stand "rides with you".
Thanks for the suggestion and link. I tried to pm "Ron" before I started the installation for any tips he may have, but sadly never got a response. I have the parts list for the OEM stand and was wondering if anyone had actually performed the installation. The OEM parts are actually cheaper than a PitBull rear wheel stand which is a better choice as the OEM stand "rides with you".
Gman, the way I understand is: transfer '14DLX (or buy new) center stand to your '13CB and it should fit perfectly.
Judging by the pics (provided Ron's link) , the pivotal bolt should have identical characteristic/measurement.....just the vertical tubes/elements have less gap between them to accommodate dual exhaust.
If Ron is not forum active = he will never see your PM.
Click on his name/logo and send him email instead.
Update your case after, please
:thumbsup:
 
peterbaron_imp said:
gman_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
Gman, I might be wrong or misunderstood you, but if you get OEM 2014 DLX center stand it should work for your DLX exhaust modified '13 CB.

Here is the link:

http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=7655&highlight=DLX+exhaust

Nice mod and good luck to you.
Thanks for the suggestion and link. I tried to pm "Ron" before I started the installation for any tips he may have, but sadly never got a response. I have the parts list for the OEM stand and was wondering if anyone had actually performed the installation. The OEM parts are actually cheaper than a PitBull rear wheel stand which is a better choice as the OEM stand "rides with you".
Thanks for the suggestion and link. I tried to pm "Ron" before I started the installation for any tips he may have, but sadly never got a response. I have the parts list for the OEM stand and was wondering if anyone had actually performed the installation. The OEM parts are actually cheaper than a PitBull rear wheel stand which is a better choice as the OEM stand "rides with you".
Gman, the way I understand is: transfer '14DLX (or buy new) center stand to your '13CB and it should fit perfectly.
Judging by the pics (provided Ron's link) , the pivotal bolt should have identical characteristic/measurement.....just the vertical tubes/elements have less gap between them to accommodate dual exhaust.
If Ron is not forum active = he will never see your PM.
Click on his name/logo and send him email instead.
Update your case after, please
:thumbsup:
Not strictly true, you can set your user preferences to be notified by email When you receive a PM.

Just sayin’.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
gman_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
Gman, I might be wrong or misunderstood you, but if you get OEM 2014 DLX center stand it should work for your DLX exhaust modified '13 CB.

Here is the link:

http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=7655&highlight=DLX+exhaust

Nice mod and good luck to you.
Thanks for the suggestion and link. I tried to pm "Ron" before I started the installation for any tips he may have, but sadly never got a response. I have the parts list for the OEM stand and was wondering if anyone had actually performed the installation. The OEM parts are actually cheaper than a PitBull rear wheel stand which is a better choice as the OEM stand "rides with you".
Thanks for the suggestion and link. I tried to pm "Ron" before I started the installation for any tips he may have, but sadly never got a response. I have the parts list for the OEM stand and was wondering if anyone had actually performed the installation. The OEM parts are actually cheaper than a PitBull rear wheel stand which is a better choice as the OEM stand "rides with you".
Gman, the way I understand is: transfer '14DLX (or buy new) center stand to your '13CB and it should fit perfectly.
Judging by the pics (provided Ron's link) , the pivotal bolt should have identical characteristic/measurement.....just the vertical tubes/elements have less gap between them to accommodate dual exhaust.
If Ron is not forum active = he will never see your PM.
Click on his name/logo and send him email instead.
Update your case after, please
:thumbsup:
Not strictly true, you can set your user preferences to be notified by email When you receive a PM.

Just sayin’.
Not strictly true, you can set your user preferences to be notified by email When you receive a PM.
Just sayin’.
Thanks for this info, I never knew that and always learning :)
Notify me by email when I receive a new Private Message. = done
Wonder how many have that option checked?
 
Thread starter
peterbaron_imp said:
gman_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
Gman, I might be wrong or misunderstood you, but if you get OEM 2014 DLX center stand it should work for your DLX exhaust modified '13 CB.

Here is the link:

http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=7655&highlight=DLX+exhaust

Nice mod and good luck to you.
Thanks for the suggestion and link. I tried to pm "Ron" before I started the installation for any tips he may have, but sadly never got a response. I have the parts list for the OEM stand and was wondering if anyone had actually performed the installation. The OEM parts are actually cheaper than a PitBull rear wheel stand which is a better choice as the OEM stand "rides with you".
Thanks for the suggestion and link. I tried to pm "Ron" before I started the installation for any tips he may have, but sadly never got a response. I have the parts list for the OEM stand and was wondering if anyone had actually performed the installation. The OEM parts are actually cheaper than a PitBull rear wheel stand which is a better choice as the OEM stand "rides with you".
Gman, the way I understand is: transfer '14DLX (or buy new) center stand to your '13CB and it should fit perfectly.
Judging by the pics (provided Ron's link) , the pivotal bolt should have identical characteristic/measurement.....just the vertical tubes/elements have less gap between them to accommodate dual exhaust.
If Ron is not forum active = he will never see your PM.
Click on his name/logo and send him email instead.
Update your case after, please
:thumbsup:
Thanks for the suggestion and link. I tried to pm "Ron" before I started the installation for any tips he may have, but sadly never got a response. I have the parts list for the OEM stand and was wondering if anyone had actually performed the installation. The OEM parts are actually cheaper than a PitBull rear wheel stand which is a better choice as the OEM stand "rides with you".
Gman, the way I understand is: transfer '14DLX (or buy new) center stand to your '13CB and it should fit perfectly.
Judging by the pics (provided Ron's link) , the pivotal bolt should have identical characteristic/measurement.....just the vertical tubes/elements have less gap between them to accommodate dual exhaust.
If Ron is not forum active = he will never see your PM.
Click on his name/logo and send him email instead.
Update your case after, please
:thumbsup:
I also tried email as well to contact Ron but no response. Maybe he is no longer active on the forum or sold his CB.

Thanks again for the input, safe travels.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
gman_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
Gman, I might be wrong or misunderstood you, but if you get OEM 2014 DLX center stand it should work for your DLX exhaust modified '13 CB.

Here is the link:

http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=7655&highlight=DLX+exhaust

Nice mod and good luck to you.
Thanks for the suggestion and link. I tried to pm "Ron" before I started the installation for any tips he may have, but sadly never got a response. I have the parts list for the OEM stand and was wondering if anyone had actually performed the installation. The OEM parts are actually cheaper than a PitBull rear wheel stand which is a better choice as the OEM stand "rides with you".
Thanks for the suggestion and link. I tried to pm "Ron" before I started the installation for any tips he may have, but sadly never got a response. I have the parts list for the OEM stand and was wondering if anyone had actually performed the installation. The OEM parts are actually cheaper than a PitBull rear wheel stand which is a better choice as the OEM stand "rides with you".
Gman, the way I understand is: transfer '14DLX (or buy new) center stand to your '13CB and it should fit perfectly.
Judging by the pics (provided Ron's link) , the pivotal bolt should have identical characteristic/measurement.....just the vertical tubes/elements have less gap between them to accommodate dual exhaust.
If Ron is not forum active = he will never see your PM.
Click on his name/logo and send him email instead.
Update your case after, please
:thumbsup:
Not strictly true, you can set your user preferences to be notified by email When you receive a PM.

Just sayin’.
Not strictly true, you can set your user preferences to be notified by email When you receive a PM.

Just sayin’. thanks Cormanus, I just changed mine!
 
Thread starter
Just a heads up to EX owners. There is a set (2) of Arrow slip on exhausts on Ebay for a fair price with seller willing to accept offers. Just type "cb1100 exhaust" and it should come up on first page of results.
 
gman_imp said:
Just a heads up to EX owners. There is a set (2) of Arrow slip on exhausts on Ebay for a fair price with seller willing to accept offers. Just type "cb1100 exhaust" and it should come up on first page of results.
Thanks for the heads-up. I have a pair on my 2017 and love them. The seller suggests they might fit a 2014 Deluxe, but Arrow says different part numbers for 2014 and 2017.
 
gman,

I was looking at your Before and After #2, and saw how the left muffler was secured. So I see your set you got has an abnormal piece in it, circled in the pic below. It allows the left muffler to be rubber-mounted to the existing rear footpeg assembly with a piece that sandwiches into the heel guard.



That is a so atypical of Honda - they would have a whole different left side piece with the muffler support integral. It's as if it was an aftermarket item specifically for this swap.

The 2013 models have a different part number from the 2014 DLX, and this little piece is not shown for the 2014 DLX. Anyone with a 2014 DLX have such a bracket?
 
Back
Top