Beauty and the Beast

gman_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Just finished my ground up restoration of a 2000 Kawasaki ZRX 1100. My daughter was kind enough to take the picture and unfortunately I will be selling the Kawasaki in order fund a new JetSki as my beloved/hated SeaDoo GTX Supercharged appears to have a blown head gasket. Living on a lake I have to offer non two wheel fun to my children and wife. Anyone interested in more pictures, mileage, price, etc. feel free to pm me.

Happy New Years to all!:biker:
 
Those ZRXs are great and sought after motorcycles. Im sure you wont have any trouble selling it.

Cant' you just put a head gasket on your Sea Doo?
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Those ZRXs are great and sought after motorcycles. Im sure you wont have any trouble selling it.

Cant' you just put a head gasket on your Sea Doo?
I purchased the Sea Doo used from my daughters in laws, never buy a used watercraft. I consider the Sea Doo's to be fast, but horribly unreliable and parts for older units are tough to get "new oem" . I have had it in the shop numerous times and a couple thousand dollars later, I 'm done with it. It is also due for a supercharger rebuild which is another grand as well.

The XRX is a fun and powerful bike which makes it's presence known, but I guess this old guy prefers the silky smooth and quiet ride of the CB!
 
gman_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Those ZRXs are great and sought after motorcycles. Im sure you wont have any trouble selling it.

Cant' you just put a head gasket on your Sea Doo?
I purchased the Sea Doo used from my daughters in laws, never buy a used watercraft. I consider the Sea Doo's to be fast, but horribly unreliable and parts for older units are tough to get "new oem" . I have had it in the shop numerous times and a couple thousand dollars later, I 'm done with it. It is also due for a supercharger rebuild which is another grand as well.

The XRX is a fun and powerful bike which makes it's presence known, but I guess this old guy prefers the silky smooth and quiet ride of the CB!
There is absolutely nothing wrong with that, and a lot to respect.
 
Thread starter
GoldOxide_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
rich_imp said:
put ZRX motor in seado:cool:
Nah, it may cause too high tide in Lake Apopka :)
Nah, it may cause too high tide in Lake Apopka :)
... and blow a head gasket. :)
Nah, it may cause too high tide in Lake Apopka :)
... and blow a head gasket. :)
That's the spirit! :clap:

Here is my favorite picture she took today:
 
You've done a great job with her, gman. Sell the SeaDo and keep the Kwaka.
 
gman_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
rich_imp said:
put ZRX motor in seado:cool:
Nah, it may cause too high tide in Lake Apopka :)
Nah, it may cause too high tide in Lake Apopka :)
... and blow a head gasket. :)
Nah, it may cause too high tide in Lake Apopka :)
... and blow a head gasket. :)
That's the spirit! :clap:

Here is my favorite picture she took today:
Sell that???!!! Oh my...This is the beginning of a "the bike I wish I never sold" story.

.................................................:biker:
 
Thread starter
DaSwami_imp said:
Maybe a dumb question, but why would a barely 22 year old bike need a "ground up" restoration??
Maybe I used the wrong terms but the previous owner did a lot of modifications to the bike before I got it. Non oem rear fender, non oem turn signals front and back, substantial paint damage to the front fairing, rear fairing, side covers, fuel tank, damaged Kerker muffler, etc, etc. So basically I took it apart and repaired and replaced what was needed, even the original seat was toast. In other words, it looked like sh.. but has only 13,000 miles and starts right up every time and pulls like a freight train. Lot of love, elbow grease and money involved.;)
 
Beautiful bikes, both of them.

I was an owner of an old (1988... I THINK?....) Yamaha Wave Raider. (I also owned a mid '80s Bayliner 19' ski boat). Loved that wave raider. Insanely fast and slick as snot. Instead of "grabbing" the water as the new ones do, it tended to slide across the water when turning, like oil on glass. I loved telling friends to take it out, max it out to as fast as it could go, then yank the steering in a hard turn. The centrifugal forces would slingshot them off the craft, through the air and into the water. Great fun!

As an aside, when we bought it from a friend, he had named it "stiffie", so we always said we were going to head down to the lake to ride Stiffie. Yeah.....
 
Back
Top