Beautiful Other Bikes! Stock

CB1100DLX_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Hey all,
Reading a few other threads and noticed that many of us love the looks of the CB1100. Would like to see what other bikes you think look good. Forget about performance, comfort, cost etc...just good looks. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder so let's see what you upload. And it's gotta be Stock. No customized bikes. I'll start...
 
I always had a soft spot for these.. There aren't any on our market, but if there was one in a decent condition I'd beg steal and borrow

It's not just the stance and the quirkiness, but that giant 1700cc lump
92a107f982cc852b602986f243702d63.png
698b690b75850c6d2f0a2c96e10dc9d0.png
cc6c2094d66572db2d3c4092defdfba6.png


Ladies and gentlemen, behold - Her Majesty Yamaha MT-01
3fce732fe37c6738dfb5e099eceddc58.jpg


'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
I don't know how to limit myself...

I'd start with these three because I actually bought them largely because of their looks:

2017 Triumph Street Twin
b9105283768183f913f873b9b3c9032e.jpg


2013 Honda CGL125
21f356a3215ca2747b2e399f5e5b3419.jpg


2004 HD Sportster 1200C, but I had already changed out the seat
68f8e367f5b1eb68f9dc0ecdc29c655c.jpg


There's so many more.
 
.
only and rrrrealy only because of the color i bought one a second time :that big warm bright yellow wall....:celebrate:..:banana:...:excited:.....bcos any years befor i had already a "normal" 1500ccm
.
and btw...the second CB 1100 in my current barn the yellow was too only the color the reason...:angel::angel:
 
I still have my 1995 Triumph Daytona 1200 which I bought from new, this was me in '95. I still love its looks, especially in this Diablo black colour. It gets many an admiring glance but does not immediately jump out as a 25-year-old bike.

I sold it, it went through many hands and then came back to me last year. I went into the dealers to buy another Harley, my 1994 Low Rider Convertible had just been stolen and I had my insurance cheque. The dealer also sold Triumph and he had this Daytona up on a pedestal right near the entrance, it was pretty much sold as soon as I saw it. I still have the stock Harley leather saddlebags that came with the lowrider in the attic.

 
I've owned a few bikes that were to me very fine looking, a 2007 Triumph Tiger 1050, a 2006 Moto Guzzi 1100 Breva and a 2012 Triumph Bonneville.

a79652d77b6d2fb1d71ce8ef4ec30cc8.jpg


316e39ea67b90140c4f9f5552f6fc2ef.jpg


f2ba7c6f59dd7d082b7c027b783cb289.jpg
 
Pdedse, funny that you mention the little Honda CG125. A few years ago I was crewing on a Baja team, and these little bikes were running all around Ensenada delivering pizzas. I fell in love with the little buggers and really wanted to bring one home. I even figured out how I could stash one in one of the parts rigs and get it back over the border. But, they're not U.S. legal, so there's no way I'd be able to title or register it, and my friends talked me out of doing it.

As far as beauty being in the eye of the beholder, when I saw my '07 R1200R sitting on the showroom floor for the first time, she stopped me in my tracks, and I had to have her. And I still would, had the electronic gremlins been a little less invasive.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Pdedse, funny that you mention the little Honda CG125. A few years ago I was crewing on a Baja team, and these little bikes were running all around Ensenada delivering pizzas. I fell in love with the little buggers and really wanted to bring one home. I even figured out how I could stash one in one of the parts rigs and get it back over the border. But, they're not U.S. legal, so there's no way I'd be able to title or register it, and my friends talked me out of doing it.

As far as beauty being in the eye of the beholder, when I saw my '07 R1200R sitting on the showroom floor for the first time, she stopped me in my tracks, and I had to have her. And I still would, had the electronic gremlins been a little less invasive.
Haja...that's funny. My CGL125 was in Costa Rica and at one pont I toyed with the idea of riding it back to the U.S. but was also unsure if I'd be able to register it here. I've driven Oregon to CR in a car and also down to Guatemala and back on my KLR650. Doing that long a trip on a 125 was going to take some time, but I think I could have made it. If anything really went wrong I was simply going to unload it wherever--meaning basically giving it away--and fly home. Instead I sold it to a friend in need in CR who makes very good use of it--sometimes he rides 3 and even 4 up to take his family here and there.
 
A few more I like to just look at. I've had the chance to ride the moto guzzi v7...it's nice. Although I think these particular pipes might be aftermarket, I think the originals were silver as well:
b63c280f62f0381568e138630868c89e.jpg


Suzuki TU250
24a6eee1bcffbfdf1aaad0eae5827e32.jpg


Royal Enfield 350
4d7ff2efbb25bdaf95038aea8ea7810e.png


Yamaha SR400
7d217e32147badbb2020a9cca135ed0b.jpg
 
Yup pedse - nice selection. The V7 is very nice to look at for sure and has very good materials. The spirit is in the right place, but sadly lacking punch. Nevertheless, if I could properly fit in one, I'd probably own one.
 
Moto Guzzi vibrations are an integral part of driving pleasure, you feel the engine entering you, mental synapse between the right wrist and the left hemisphere of the brain
 
Ale72_imp said:
Moto Guzzi vibrations are an integral part of driving pleasure, you feel the engine entering you, mental synapse between the right wrist and the left hemisphere of the brain
Ale, you feel the Guzzi's soul and they vibrate for a good reason ...
Moto Guzzis are very nice bike and there is a warm spot in my heart for them.
My fav are all Le Mans series and was close to buy a red one in the 90's
:biker:
 
Speaking of Guzzis, there's been one of these on the showroom floor of the local dealer for quite some time. The looks tug at me, but I've vowed to stick with Big Red for now.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Speaking of Guzzis, there's been one of these on the showroom floor of the local dealer for quite some time. The looks tug at me, but I've vowed to stick with Big Red for now.
Yep. Drives me crazy every time I see the green Griso. :dodgy:
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Speaking of Guzzis, there's been one of these on the showroom floor of the local dealer for quite some time. The looks tug at me, but I've vowed to stick with Big Red for now.
Yes, I happen to have a black 2007 Griso. I love it and will never sell that bike. The only way I could see it go is if I swap it for a Tenni-Green version if that ever shows up in my neck of the woods. There is something about that colour in combination with the brown seat that is just irresistible.
 
bioman_imp said:
Gone in 60_imp said:
Speaking of Guzzis, there's been one of these on the showroom floor of the local dealer for quite some time. The looks tug at me, but I've vowed to stick with Big Red for now.
Yes, I happen to have a black 2007 Griso. I love it and will never sell that bike. The only way I could see it go is if I swap it for a Tenni-Green version if that ever shows up in my neck of the woods. There is something about that colour in combination with the brown seat that is just irresistible.
Yes, I happen to have a black 2007 Griso. I love it and will never sell that bike. The only way I could see it go is if I swap it for a Tenni-Green version if that ever shows up in my neck of the woods. There is something about that colour in combination with the brown seat that is just irresistible.
(*sigh*) I have the 2013 green with tan saddle Moto Guzzi Griso image on a computer desktop background since 2014.

 
I've always liked the matte green / healthy amount of black look, very nice Griso...I remember sitting on one in the Portland MG shop awhile back, but a friend told me the place has closed
While in-between my '14 Standard and my current '17ex, I gave consideration to the BMW R-90. I really like the "Pure" version that's out now. Both these color options I find beautiful:

5b82c92014f93985860a5ffdd3db4852.jpg


213b462d4b5510e2ed05f7402b3d719d.jpg


If I were buying, I'd probably go with the gold; 483 lbs topped off, 1170cc, air/oil cooled, 110hp and priced at just under 10k.

I might just have to go have a "look".
 
Back
Top