Beadrider Anyone

oldgoat01_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Alas, my beadrider went with my last bike. I've found for the nice balmy summers of the Carolinas, the beadrider really does help with the airflow. So, with Father's day fast approaching, I thought I would plant the seed of a beadrider (and in my case, one has to till the field, sow the seed, water the crop and harvest). In any case, the CB11 is not listed so in measuring I came up with a 13x13 option. However, the measuring process is a bit subjective so I was curious if anyone had already fit a beadrider on the stock seat and, if so, what size they had. (If anyone has thoughts on the Airhawk 2, I may be interested in that as an option as well. I just don't know how well it works in the heat and humidity)
Thanks
 
I had to look up beadrider.. had no idea what it was.

To save others some trouble...
ebd9ffb938e91b8f5aee457955c239cc.jpg
 
justinrhenry_imp said:
I had to look up beadrider.. had no idea what it was.

To save others some trouble...
ebd9ffb938e91b8f5aee457955c239cc.jpg
Thanks for that !

I too was wondering: 'what in the heck is a 'beadrider' ?' is that one of those tire balancer miracle things I've heard about :huh:
 
I just cant imagine one of those being comfortable to sit on, but a lot of riders swear by them.
 
Thread starter
They actually are quite comfortable and on a hot humid day the air circulates through the beads making monkey butt a non-issue. (Please, I beg you, if you don't know what that is, look it up, but please no pictures) Finally, it makes it easy to change positions on the seat on longer riders.
Besides... 52,362 NYC cabbies can't all be wrong.

So, it looks like y'all are no help. What about the airhawk; any thoughts on that?
 
Never tried a beadrider .. but I have an Airhawk2. I cant ride my CB11 for any distance without it. The stock seat is too soft and after 20-30min or so, I get hot spots on both cheeks. Plus, it elevates me higher on the bike. My knees need more distance from the seat to pegs or they ache. I just re-used my AH2 i had on my Tiger800. Good enough for 10 hrs a day of pain free riding.

759f90157acfd95d7ff58e765ad31ba1.jpg
 
Hi Bonafide, that Airhawk2 looks like it fits well. Which model is it? There's several types for sale on the Airhawk site. thx
 
renko_imp said:
Hi Bonafide, that Airhawk2 looks like it fits well. Which model is it? There's several types for sale on the Airhawk site. thx
I dunno .. I've had it for 2 years. I can take a better pic of it if you like .. and measurements.
 
Thread starter
Two questions regarding he AirHawk. First, how cool is it? GA summers are the same so you understand hot and humid. Second, how easy is it to move around and change positions? I always felt like you would kinda sink down on it and be cradled into a fixed position
 
oldgoat01_imp said:
Two questions regarding he AirHawk. First, how cool is it? GA summers are the same so you understand hot and humid. Second, how easy is it to move around and change positions? I always felt like you would kinda sink down on it and be cradled into a fixed position
Well .. I cant compare it to a beadrider cause I've never used one - so not sure about the air flow/etc but you're cods are not mashed flat on the seat - so it must keep them cooler than usual.

I hope this makes sense. The cushion itself is gridded like an egg crate - but the air inside can disperse between each grid depending on pressure from other grids. This keeps you from developing a pressure/hot spot on a contact point. When your weight shifts - the air inside the cushion shifts and compensates. There's an air valve so you can adjust how firm or soft you want the cushion.
Here's a pic of what I'm trying to describe ..

f5060757fe999b93abd0e4d895ba1c44.jpg
 
Thread starter
Thanks. Hmm. I've thought about an after-market seat and if I did I would add some height anyhow. So while a lot more $ than the beadrider, it's a lot less than a new seat + beadrider. I, too, would be interested in the measurements.
 
It's the 14x14. I dont like promoting eBay links without asking the forum owner, but here's the item number: 290699290243 - I have no ties to the seller.
 
Thread starter
Bonafide_imp said:
It's the 14x14. I dont like promoting eBay links without asking the forum owner, but here's the item number: 290699290243 - I have no ties to the seller.
Oh yeah, sure. Now I know your game. While sitting at home last night in my favorite chair with my tin foil hat on, you telepathically sent the mental image of my old beadrider to my brain, knowing I would immediately post a thread about the beadrider. This, in turn allowed you to cleverly do the old bait and switch: "beadrider, never heard of it, but I do have an Airhawk" As a result two of us have already inquired about it. And now, you just happen to have a link to the Airhawk. I see it all so clearly now. Not so fast however, as I have adjusted the antenna on my tin foil hat to pint to the South. So there! :D


thanks for the link, I may just go that direction
 
Ever heard of "MGPS" mapping? ;) We don't use no terrestrial based broadcasting here buddy!!
 
MGPS....i.e. mind reading and mind location.

Dems just jokes. :D
 
I tried the Air Hawk II and a gel pad and I used to sell bead seats but for me they just didn't work out unless you had to do
a lot of interstate. They just all move around funny.
 
Thread starter
I found the beadrider to be pretty a good option for hot, humid weather; however, I've decided to try out the Airhawk, since the Airhawk 2 isn't that much more $. When I had last looked at Airhawk, they didn't have the cheaper model, meaning the Airhawk was 3x more than the beadrider. I figure $70 is a lot less than a new seat And I have my Alaske buttpad when it gets colder so I should be all set.
 
Back
Top