Bazzaz Fuel Control ***Update 6/7/13***

thumper_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Well, I guess I can let the cat out of the bag now. A couple of weekends ago, while on a mountain lunch ride, a technician from Bazzaz (out for a ride on his ZX-6) saw my CB1100 and asked if they could borrow my bike as a test mule, to create a new fuel controller for the model. He quoted me a price I couldn't refuse.

The same guy picked-up my bike Thursday, and I told him that one thing I'm hoping is to enrich the low-, and mid-range fueling, to stop the bronzing that's occurring to my headers and pipe. Of course, any boost in power won't be a bad thing either.

They have a picture of their new high-tech dyno on the website, and he assured me they'll optimize the fueling as good as it can get. He told me I'll get a print-out of the dyno results to show before and after numbers. He anticipates a 4-8% power improvement.

I should have my bike back in a couple of weeks, and no telling how long afterward the controller will be available for purchase.

I'll keep you guys informed.

Bazzaz
 
Thanks Thumper! I still have a little hot rodder left in me and am always interesting in improving performance. From reading your guys impressions the fueling is so good that I dont know if it can be improved much but I look forward to finding out.
 
thumper_imp said:
Well, I guess I can let the cat out of the bag now. A couple of weekends ago, while on a mountain lunch ride, a technician from Bazzaz (out for a ride on his ZX-6) saw my CB1100 and asked if they could borrow my bike as a test mule, to create a new fuel controller for the model. He quoted me a price I couldn't refuse.

The same guy picked-up my bike Thursday, and I told him that one thing I'm hoping is to enrich the low-, and mid-range fueling, to stop the bronzing that's occurring to my headers and pipe. Of course, any boost in power won't be a bad thing either.

They have a picture of their new high-tech dyno on the website, and he assured me they'll optimize the fueling as good as it can get. He told me I'll get a print-out of the dyno results to show before and after numbers. He anticipates a 4-8% power improvement.

I should have my bike back in a couple of weeks, and no telling how long afterward the controller will be available for purchase.

I'll keep you guys informed.

Bazzaz
Thanks, this might be something I'd get into.
 
Thread starter
The bike's still down there.

They've told me the bike should be done this week, and they anticipate getting it back to me Friday. I should receive a dyno printout of before-, and after results.
 
thumper_imp said:
redReno--

I'm still awaiting my bike's return from Bazzaz, and it looks like I won't get it until next Friday at the earliest (they're waiting on one more of two connectors to arrive). One of my biggest hopes in getting the bike back with a fuel controller installed is for the mixture to become richer at the bottom and midrange, thereby decreasing the burn temperatures (read: stop the bronzing/blueing of the pipes).

I remember my old '82 GS750's headers were always chromed, and never did bronze/blue. I'll keep everyone apprised when I finally get the bike back.
The wait is killing me lol, almost as much as the wait for my staintune slip on.
 
With the power commander they disconnect the O2 sensor? That won't fly out here.
 
Thumper your old GS Suzukis pipes never blued because the japanese used double walled pipes back then.
 
Deanohh_imp said:
Randy B_imp said:
With the power commander they disconnect the O2 sensor? That won't fly out here.
what's the difference? They are all going to change the stock air/fuel ratios anyway.
what's the difference? They are all going to change the stock air/fuel ratios anyway.
C.A.R.B. in my opinion is run by a bunch of no nothing NAZIS. They don't care if it blows clean after the installation if it modifiys the original eqipment. If it didn't come from the factory, for the most part, you can't use it.
I get that people want clean air to breathe....I'm all for that, but if the installed equipment still allows it to blow clean, what is the big deal?
 
Thread starter
OldF7Guy_imp said:
Any update here on the fuel controller Thumper? Thanks.
I should have info tonight. I just texted them an hour ago and discovered they're delivering my bike back to me tomorrow. I'll give you guys all the info I get.

FYI--Having my brand-new CB11 disappear for four weeks has really been killing me. :s
 
thumper_imp said:
OldF7Guy_imp said:
Any update here on the fuel controller Thumper? Thanks.
I should have info tonight. I just texted them an hour ago and discovered they're delivering my bike back to me tomorrow. I'll give you guys all the info I get.

FYI--Having my brand-new CB11 disappear for four weeks has really been killing me. :s
Wow! Four weeks without your new CB. Bazzaz should return it to you with a full stage 1 performance mod. :)
 
Thread starter
So Jason from Bazzaz just dropped-off my CB11. I finally have my new baby back in the garage.

So, here's the info:

As we all know, the CB11's fueling is very good from the factory. The before and after dyno charts show the horsepower and torque curves remained consistent, only adding a negligent amount of power. The cost to me was right, and I know that my powerband is optimized as good as it can get.

The most significant part, is they tuned in more fuel richness at the midrange, and leaned it a little at the top. My headers are much more blue than when I sent the bike, but it spent quite a while on the dyno--I expected it, so no biggie. I'll polish them, and see if I can get them back to a consistent light bronze.

So, I won't be able to ride today, and tomorrow's iffy also (supposed to be 108f here!!). After I get to ride the bike, I'll let you guys know if there's a tangible difference in the before and after.

p.s.--as an aside, Jason (a younger, sportbike-loving whiz-kid kind of guy) test rode the bike, and told his dad to buy one!! Jason loved the bike. :D
 
Thank you Thumper!, you must be glad to have your bike back..! Do let us know the feel once you have a ride.!
hmm..interesting ..Looks like the guys at honda really did their homework on the 1100..
 
Thread starter
Just got back from a breakfast ride (90 miles), and the bike feels great. But then, the fueling was great before I had the Bazzaz fuel controller. It may have a touch more power around 4,000 rpm, but nothing significant. At least I know the bike has been dyno-tuned to optimal levels across the rev range.

When my 0000 steel wool arrives, I'll clean the headers and see how the bronze coloring re-develops now that the bike's fueling is richer at the bottom end (read: should run slightly cooler).
 
thumper_imp said:
Just got back from a breakfast ride (90 miles), and the bike feels great. But then, the fueling was great before I had the Bazzaz fuel controller. It may have a touch more power around 4,000 rpm, but nothing significant. At least I know the bike has been dyno-tuned to optimal levels across the rev range.

When my 0000 steel wool arrives, I'll clean the headers and see how the bronze coloring re-develops now that the bike's fueling is richer at the bottom end (read: should run slightly cooler).
:D Glad you are finally able to ride again after waiting so long.

Since I cleaned my pipes I've only had some spotting and slight blueing on the middle two headers. I'll post an update pic of them in that other dread.
 
thumper_imp said:
Just got back from a breakfast ride (90 miles), and the bike feels great. But then, the fueling was great before I had the Bazzaz fuel controller. It may have a touch more power around 4,000 rpm, but nothing significant. At least I know the bike has been dyno-tuned to optimal levels across the rev range.

When my 0000 steel wool arrives, I'll clean the headers and see how the bronze coloring re-develops now that the bike's fueling is richer at the bottom end (read: should run slightly cooler).
Any word on the speed limiter?
Not that I really care, but some people do sooo.....I ask. :D
 
Back
Top