battery /charging system issues

Thread starter
Pterodactyl_imp said:
My bike is not being used at the moment but, even so, the weekly kick in the guts brings it straight to life. I did have a problem not so long ago where I used the kill switch to shut down and left the ignition on for a few minutes. Result was a badly discharged battery. Fortunately I had parked on a slope so I did a bump start. Since then no problems and I have got out of the habit of using the kill switch.
I am interested in the actual charge rate as measured by you guys. I have the feeling that with any added electronics the system would only just cope.

Cheers
Interesting. I always leave my bike in gear when i shut it down and lock the steering. So I've been using the kick stand as a kill switch. So it sounds like I've been doing the same thing to my battery that you've done. It started right up every time since yesterday morning so sound like i just left it with a low charge Friday night when i left the light on while i took my bag off the seat and used the kill features to much.
The Spaceman_imp said:
dlhmatt_imp said:
Yeah Florida doesn't get cold enough for me not to ride everyday.
But soon it will get hot enough and wet enough...at least down here in the sub-tropical part of the state.
But soon it will get hot enough and wet enough...at least down here in the sub-tropical part of the state.
Everyday, rain or shine. Just hit 7000 on the clock and i haven't even been on a proper trip yet. About 1000 a month. Minus the month off for recovery time after my accident.
 
I think there is a warning not to use the kill switch to turn off the engine in the manual. I know my Triumph manual had warnings about this practice stating it could lead to battery discharge.
 
Interesting, I use the kill switch all the time but as soon as I hit the kill switch I turn the key of as well. I am not having any kind of battery issues what so ever. Could it be that I turn the key off with say a half minute, 30 seconds, if not immediately? Could the issue be that the key isn't being turned off in a reasonable amount of time thus causing this drain?

On a lighter side, maybe it is because I have grape seed oil in my battery instead of electrolyte? ;) :P


Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
redbirds_imp said:
I think there is a warning not to use the kill switch to turn off the engine in the manual. I know my Triumph manual had warnings about this practice stating it could lead to battery discharge.
What's a manual? You mean the multi layered beer coaster that came with my bike?
 
Back
Top