Battery charger brand & size

Brady Bourgeois_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Hello
I just purchased a 2013 Honda CB1100 with 4500 miles and was wondering what battery charger most people here are using to keep their batteries in top condition.
What name brand and amp size should I be looking for.
Thanks, Brady
 
I use a Deltran Battery Tender 1.25 amp. And I have a Diehard maintainer 2.0 amp. The Diehard is sold under a few other names.
 
Brady Bourgeois_imp said:
Hello
I just purchased a 2013 Honda CB1100 with 4500 miles and was wondering what battery charger most people here are using to keep their batteries in top condition.
What name brand and amp size should I be looking for.
Thanks, Brady
I use an Optimate 0.8A battery charger/maintainer. Plus I have another 1A model. From Amazon. I think they are about $60+ . There are a few different options in that brand.
 
I use 0.75 amp Battery Tender Jr’s. on all of my bikes and they work fine. About $25. If the bikes aren’t being ridden, they’re plugged in.

I also have a 1.25 amp Battery Tender that I bought in 1997 and it still works great, so kudos to Deltran for building a reliable product.

Finally, I’m using a CTEK on my Cayman, about $90. Very nice product.
 
I have used the Battery Tender Jr. (purchased at Walmart) on my last three bikes - same unit. Has worked flawlessly and very inexpensive.
 
with low amps its need only longer until full......and something more expensive models have more test- functions and by possibilities for deeply discharged akku

self i have the optimate 4

and for my car with a 64amp/h battery the optimate 5
 
Another battery tender jr (4) user here
 
I have an Optimate 4, because it has a CAN Bus mode, which was supposed to be special and different for my BMWs. Not sure if it was or wasn't, and it is currently keeping my car alive, since I don't use it much. My Triumph is on a Battery Tender Jr, which seems to give five years or so on its batteries.

For the CB, the owner gave me the cheapo Harbor Freight tender he had been using. It was only ridden 1700 miles in six years, and the battery was still alive when I bought the bike, so I've just been using that one for the CB. I only put them on tenders when I'm away for business for at least a week, otherwise each bike is ridden at least every few days.
 
Back
Top