Batcycle!

mikeymike88_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Was at my local Costco and came across some decently priced Lego sets. I bought a Lego Batman Batcycle model and decided to build my first Lego set in probably 20 years. Wasn't until I was 3/4 way through that I realized it looks strikingly like our CB's!

(Gotta find some little saddle bags for the little guy
25a576943bb2f1c7de0fd03307c22be9.png
)
360ad4605f71c3da0388a16c522273a7.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Well I’ll be darned, I was looking at the MT-10 that just released but I had written off the Batcycle. I’m going to pick one up and see if I can’t make the design look a little more UJM.
 
That's cool! I need to get one of those. Not sure when I'll have time to build it, but I need one!

I built a U-Gears wooden motorcycle. Only took a year. Haven't built the sidecar yet, maybe give me another year...
Scrambler UGR-10 Motor Bike with sidecar

Mikeymike, where you at in CA?
 
mikeymike88_imp said:
Was at my local Costco and came across some decently priced Lego sets. I bought a Lego Batman Batcycle model and decided to build my first Lego set in probably 20 years. Wasn't until I was 3/4 way through that I realized it looks strikingly like our CB's!

(Gotta find some little saddle bags for the little guy
25a576943bb2f1c7de0fd03307c22be9.png
)
360ad4605f71c3da0388a16c522273a7.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
THOSE TIRES :biker::biker:
 
Yeah, those tires... you can accuse him of going Dark Side, but after all, he IS Batman...

And looks like Batman is very practical. Is that a Givi top box mounting plate on the back?
 
Thread starter
Gone in 60_imp said:
That's cool! I need to get one of those. Not sure when I'll have time to build it, but I need one!

I built a U-Gears wooden motorcycle. Only took a year. Haven't built the sidecar yet, maybe give me another year...
Scrambler UGR-10 Motor Bike with sidecar

Mikeymike, where you at in CA?

It "only" took me a couple hours to build, surprisingly quick! It's 641 pieces and it was fun to build.

I live in Ventura county and I got the set at the Oxnard Costco!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[/QUOTE]
THOSE TIRES :biker::biker:
[/QUOTE]

Disregard that the bike tire is backwards. Noticed a little too late and got too lazy to fix it lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Nice! I'll wave hi next time I ride by on the 101. Was just up in Ojai last month.

I just did microsurgery on our Kenmore washing machine. Legos should be a snap after that.
 
Thread starter
Gone in 60_imp said:
Nice! I'll wave hi next time I ride by on the 101. Was just up in Ojai last month.

I just did microsurgery on our Kenmore washing machine. Legos should be a snap after that.

Please do! I still have yet to see another cb in person! And $40 bucks is what I paid in Costco so that's about right.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I've seen two here in Orange County, both black '14s. Might have been the same bike, just two sightings.

They are rare.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
I've seen two here in Orange County, both black '14s. Might have been the same bike, just two sightings.

They are rare.
I live in Orange County but most of my riding on the CB is to Glendale (commuting).

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
 
We went to Costco tonight on a routine shopping trip.
I was denied the Lego Bat Cycle.
There were comments about not finishing projects and prioritizing efforts.
I decided not to escalate the situation.

In hindsight my mistake was trying to create an atmosphere of inclusion regarding the Lego Bat Cycle.

There is a Costco within walking distance of my office. It will be visited tomorrow.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
We went to Costco tonight on a routine shopping trip.
I was denied the Lego Bat Cycle.
There were comments about not finishing projects and prioritizing efforts.
I decided not to escalate the situation.

In hindsight my mistake was trying to create an atmosphere of inclusion regarding the Lego Bat Cycle.

There is a Costco within walking distance of my office. It will be visited tomorrow.
The old "end around" huh? :rofl:
 
It's either a Lego Bat Cycle or a vintage Mustang.
I've been telling her I want to buy a vintage Mustang for months. In comparison, the Lego Bat Cycle will be a relief in regards to both finances and relationship.
 
Thread starter
Gone in 60_imp said:
It's either a Lego Bat Cycle or a vintage Mustang.
I've been telling her I want to buy a vintage Mustang for months. In comparison, the Lego Bat Cycle will be a relief in regards to both finances and relationship.

Good luck Gone!
71ec2c1b3e6bf077a1b0da33cb309f20.png
As an owner of both a vintage mustang (1969 Fastback) and a Lego Batcycle, I can confirm that the latter is much easier on the wallet.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I'm going through my mid-life crisis. When I worked at Disneyland in 1987 as a college freshman, walking through the parking lot to get to Harbor House (the big room with that held everyone's time cards), there it was. A Bright Regatta Blue 5.0 Mustang LX. The first one I had ever seen with the new "aero" nose.

I've had plenty of Fox Body Mustangs since. They used to be cheap as chips. Now, they are valuable collectors items, and I want the car I remember seeing in 1987. Mrs. G has never liked Fox Bodies - "They're square and look like they're from the 80s". That's because they are square and came from the 80s.

I think that the only reason she has happily lets me maintain a fleet of three motorcycles is that they keep me busy enough not to think about the car and take up the room that might otherwise be occupied by a Fox Body.
 
Thread starter
You're absolutely right about the price of Fox Bodys. When I was in high school in the early 2000's, 5.0 Foxes were going for 800 bucks to 2500 bucks for a perfect one. I remember passing on a few cheap running foxes because I already had my 69 and other projects and didn't wanna bother with another. Kick myself now.

I say you go and buy one...better to ask for forgiveness than permission! (I'm not married and have no kids, so take my advice with a grain of salt
85a28ad07ccbe9b4ee38985c4028642b.png
)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Sorry Mikey, but with your lack of experience in this arena, I'd rather ask forgiveness for buying a $40 Lego than a $20,000 car that she won't like.

And yeah, I wince when I think of how much I sold my last Fox for around 2003.
 
I remember driving a then current era black 1986 Ford Mustang 5.0 GT during night shift "lunch" breaks at Xerox. The cage had soul and felt so good it resonates in my bones to this day.

I also rode a Honda CB650SC Nighthawk that I really should have kept.
 
I cut up an ‘86 to build a kit car. That’s how cheap they used to be…
 
Back
Top