Bart conversion - first class

j3gq_imp

Been there
Thread starter
After recommendation by another member of our elite forum, I decided to have my spoked wheels "fixed", for use of tubeless (TL) tires.

So I rode my EX to Italy 2 weeks ago, to a company called Bart factory. They offer conversions of spoke(d) wheels, or shall I say they apply a process which seals the holes where the spokes are connected to the rim. Result : more choices in tires, more safety on the road in case of a puncture, simpler repairs (in many cases), and (slightly) longer lasting tires (as tires stay cooler).

With cost of under 200 € for both wheels, 2 weeks turn-around, 4 years of warranty, and world-wide shipping (if you prefer to send your rims), ... all I can say is this: I found a motivated crew, a perfect job done, not a scratch on my wheels. All you need is a little patience when it comes to response time to your emails. The enduro bikers keep them very busy. But it is worth it.

In my case it came with a luxury treat as I used the time in the workshop for a vacation in not so far away Tuscany.
 
wow a win all the way around
 
Good plan, well executed.
 
Thread starter
Bart had returned the (now useless) tubes to me. Don't even know why I took them home.
But then I put them on the scales, and measured ... 1,6 kg, or 3 and a half lbs. For those of us who care about un-dampened weight this seems another reason for the bart conversion. ;)
Just a thought ... (not unwanted advice - which includes the word vice) ... ship your wheels to Bart next winter - even from the U.S. or Canada.
 
j3gq_imp said:
Bart had returned the (now useless) tubes to me. Don't even know why I took them home.
But then I put them on the scales, and measured ... 1,6 kg, or 3 and a half lbs. For those of us who care about un-dampened weight this seems another reason for the bart conversion. ;)
Just a thought ... (not unwanted advice - which includes the word vice) ... ship your wheels to Bart next winter - even from the U.S. or Canada.
That is actually good business on Bart's part to not assume the client no longer wanted the tubes. Of course, they could also ask in an invoice checkbox if one wanted their tubes back.

Yep, less rubber mass to spin up and heat up while riding.
 
"Dear, going out to get my rims worked on!"
"OK, hope it goes well!"

Spends the next few days in Tuscany, roughing it....... :D
 
Thread starter
Two weeks into using the "Bart wheels", my wheels and tires are perfectly tight, no pressure loss at all. Not that didn't I expected it, but I am happy to see it materialize. A local Honda dealer had told me before that none of these "fixes" really work, that I should stay away from them.
 
j3gq_imp said:
Two weeks into using the "Bart wheels", my wheels and tires are perfectly tight, no pressure loss at all. Not that didn't I expected it, but I am happy to see it materialize. A local Honda dealer had told me before that none of these "fixes" really work, that I should stay away from them.
I am unsure why Honda would say something like that. Maybe they experience a lot of "failures" in their service garages?

I have mostly read good things about the Bart conversions.
 
Honda dealer, not Honda. With dealers you have a whole of peronalities working there - sounds like he got a nervous Nellie.
 
Back
Top