bars

rich_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
has anyone swapped bars ?
a few years ago i sat on a cb1100 in a triumph dealer right next to a T120
the was a better fit for my wrist
 
rich_imp said:
has anyone swapped bars ?
a few years ago i sat on a cb1100 in a triumph dealer right next to a T120
the was a better fit for my wrist
I swapped bars for a 810mm dirt bar. I done know what kind of size change are you looking for, but if it's just the girth you can try some fatter grips or grip puppies. Any bars you swap on a cb will have 22mm ends, so no difference there

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
There hasn’t been much talk about it in recent years, but, early in the life of the forum, people were changing bars. As I recall there were 2 or 3 types of bar identified for the CB1100. They offered different heights, I think. I know someone put CB500 bars on his bike.

Here’s one thread on the subject, http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=980
 
Thread starter
it is not the height but the angle my wrist sits at
when you sit on your bike hold a long dowel or 3/8 extension in your hand just above the grips and see if the bars and dowel line up
my wrist dose not bend left to right like it should
 
In that case ATV bars should be just about right, they are wider and flatter you can get them without a crossbar, and have just about enough raise not to change the height, there should be enough length in the lines so you won't have to change anything. Just make sure they are 22mm and not 28mm (as the commonly are) at the clamps.
You should also visit the recent thread on removing the bar-end weights so you could fit them in the new bars, because the buzz can be a little disturbing without them

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
I put bars on my bike off another Honda model that are more pulled back- and a little wider.

I find them MUCH more comfortable than the stock bars.



6a96223c1c3a9460587fb95f6cdb5300.jpg




d9624a728e28456a069e25b77bc3e3bf.jpg
 
Dang Dubs - if there was a vote for most "classic lookin" circa early '80s CB1100, I'd pick your photos. The "white walled" tires also really help. Never get bored.
 
I used to work with a guy who rode an H-D. He was complaining about the bars, and the wrist angle he was forced into. I told him the bars are completely adjustable in that they can be rotated in the clamps, and the clutch/brake levers can be adjusted to make a more organic line. He was amazed.
 
I've changed bars 3 times, the CB500f bars will fit our 1100s and are lower. You can get them OEM from Honda for like 40$ i believe.

Our anti vibration bar inserts and clips will also install inside the CB500 bars even though the clips are different part numbers.

The stock bars made my tush go numb when I was touring, the CB500 bars took the strain off my bum but put strain on my back. I also felt I had much better "Handling" with the stock bars. The mirrors are also much better angle and view with the stock bars. The mirrors don't seem to have a good angle on the lower cb500 bars and I see my own arms alot.

My current setup is a happy medium with 2 inch risers and the CB500 bars. I haven't done a long trip with it yet but I did the risers when I put a corbin seat on so the variables won't be the same.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
 
With me being @ 5'-5" in height, my stock dlx bar felt like ape hangers to me.

i found an aftermarket "Euro SPORTS" bar that is about 2" lower, and 1" more forward than stock dlx bar. The pull back angle feels the same as stock bar. this is my new bar:
160dcc7d82bb61b345b1e8ef981f70aa.jpg


At first i wasn't sure i'd like it w/ me leaning more forward, but after a nice spirited ride through the hill country, i noticed how much more sure footed my bike is going through technical turns. All i can think of, is by me leaning more up front, that was enough to make the bike handle quicker, i suppose? anyhow, i gained more confidence with throwing my bike into/out of turns w/ this new bar bend. So i'll keep it on the bike for another yr.

Here's link to this new bar, with dimensions & a smokin' hot price for it
https://www.denniskirk.com/emgo/chrome-7-8-in-euro-style-handlebar-23-12563.p599835.prd/599835.sku
 
jedd_imp said:
With me being @ 5'-5" in height, my stock dlx bar felt like ape hangers to me.

i found an aftermarket "Euro SPORTS" bar that is about 2" lower, and 1" more forward than stock dlx bar. The pull back angle feels the same as stock bar. this is my new bar:
160dcc7d82bb61b345b1e8ef981f70aa.jpg


At first i wasn't sure i'd like it w/ me leaning more forward, but after a nice spirited ride through the hill country, i noticed how much more sure footed my bike is going through technical turns. All i can think of, is by me leaning more up front, that was enough to make the bike handle quicker, i suppose? anyhow, i gained more confidence with throwing my bike into/out of turns w/ this new bar bend. So i'll keep it on the bike for another yr.

Here's link to this new bar, with dimensions & a smokin' hot price for it
https://www.denniskirk.com/emgo/chrome-7-8-in-euro-style-handlebar-23-12563.p599835.prd/599835.sku
Jedd....Your bars look great. Thanks for the outstanding info! Can you please advise if the anti-vibration inserts and bar ends from the stock bars are a direct fit for the Euro Bars??

Thanks!
 
Indypikes_imp said:
jedd_imp said:
With me being @ 5'-5" in height, my stock dlx bar felt like ape hangers to me.

i found an aftermarket "Euro SPORTS" bar that is about 2" lower, and 1" more forward than stock dlx bar. The pull back angle feels the same as stock bar. this is my new bar:
160dcc7d82bb61b345b1e8ef981f70aa.jpg


At first i wasn't sure i'd like it w/ me leaning more forward, but after a nice spirited ride through the hill country, i noticed how much more sure footed my bike is going through technical turns. All i can think of, is by me leaning more up front, that was enough to make the bike handle quicker, i suppose? anyhow, i gained more confidence with throwing my bike into/out of turns w/ this new bar bend. So i'll keep it on the bike for another yr.

Here's link to this new bar, with dimensions & a smokin' hot price for it
https://www.denniskirk.com/emgo/chrome-7-8-in-euro-style-handlebar-23-12563.p599835.prd/599835.sku
Jedd....Your bars look great. Thanks for the outstanding info! Can you please advise if the anti-vibration inserts and bar ends from the stock bars are a direct fit for the Euro Bars??

Thanks!
Jedd....Your bars look great. Thanks for the outstanding info! Can you please advise if the anti-vibration inserts and bar ends from the stock bars are a direct fit for the Euro Bars??

Thanks! In my pic, those anti vibration inserts and chrome bar ends came off my dlx.
so answer is yes, the inserts and bar ends fit the euro bars, but you have to drill the hole (just like oem bar) for the anti vibration insert end collar to lock onto.
 
I had previously installed the CB500f bars and vibration dampening inserts on my '14, I really liked them. I still use the vibration dampers on my '17EX, but black bars don't fit the aesthetics of the '17 with all its chrome. The 500f dampers are beefier and I think do a better job reducing vibrations on the highway.
 
I installed Bike Master Daytona bars on my ride. I love them. A little shorter than stock but not "superbike" low. Similar sweep/pullback.
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
I put bars on my bike off another Honda model that are more pulled back- and a little wider.

I find them MUCH more comfortable than the stock bars.



6a96223c1c3a9460587fb95f6cdb5300.jpg




d9624a728e28456a069e25b77bc3e3bf.jpg
What other Honda model did those bars come from?
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
I put bars on my bike off another Honda model that are more pulled back- and a little wider.

I find them MUCH more comfortable than the stock bars.



6a96223c1c3a9460587fb95f6cdb5300.jpg




d9624a728e28456a069e25b77bc3e3bf.jpg
Did you also do something to the wheels? I dont recall the silver outline on mine. My 1981 kz440 wheels look like that

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
 
Just last month I ordered an OEM bar for a 2007 Honda 919 and swapped my stock bar out. The end weights are compatible, it's chrome and had no issues with cable length and no drilling needed. These are a little narrower and about 2 inches lower than stock, and I like the result very much.

I rotated the stockers several times looking for a comfortable (for me) position but was never satisfied. I considered the CB500F bars, but didn't really want the black finish and they also were lower than I wanted.
 
JD2ride_imp said:
Just last month I ordered an OEM bar for a 2007 Honda 919 and swapped my stock bar out. The end weights are compatible, it's chrome and had no issues with cable length and no drilling needed. These are a little narrower and about 2 inches lower than stock, and I like the result very much.

I rotated the stockers several times looking for a comfortable (for me) position but was never satisfied. I considered the CB500F bars, but didn't really want the black finish and they also were lower than I wanted.
Good to know the same inserts will work to expand the search for anyone looking. Similarly I'm convinced honda used front rotors on other, more popular models that would fit our bikes and make it easier for us to source them. I went through the parts diagrams and found at least the same bolts, spacers, inserts to install them are the same on goldwings and Valkeries.

I wanna make a thread with a list of known donor parts that will work from other bikes. Ill have to add those 07 919 bars and inserts to the list.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
 
Mvk24, I have a note that someone here posted that TRW MST278 is a direct replacement for the front rotors.
 
Back
Top