Bar Risers

nate_imp

First service completed
Thread starter


Anyone knows if this ROX bar risers will fit the CB1100DLX/EX ?

I'm worried that the bottom nut/bolt protrusion on this risers will hit the triple clamp surface, and will not allow tightening.

Any advice appreciated.

Maybe the normal risers without the "Anti-Vibration" feature will suit the bike more...

Normal Rox Risers:
 
Nate,

Those risers look very interesting, but they are also very tall!
I would be worried that the stock control cables would not be long enough.

I have been considering something like these:
Sadorus' Blog

However, there does not seem to be much cable slack on my 2014. They already have a taller bar than the 2013 and I wonder if Honda simply used the existing cables and that they are now at or close to the extent of their limit.

Can anyone with any experience mounting risers on a 2013 or 2014 chime in? What was your stock cable situation?
 
Thread starter
Gumby 1100_imp said:
Nate,

Those risers look very interesting, but they are also very tall!
I would be worried that the stock control cables would not be long enough.

I have been considering something like these:
Sadorus' Blog

However, there does not seem to be much cable slack on my 2014. They already have a taller bar than the 2013 and I wonder if Honda simply used the existing cables and that they are now at or close to the extent of their limit.

Can anyone with any experience mounting risers on a 2013 or 2014 chime in? What was your stock cable situation?
Hi Gumby!

Thanks for your reply.

I think that the right sided cables(Brake hose, throttle cables, electrical harness) can be stretched out a little more by removing the black metal fasteners that secures them on the back of the triple clamps... We can re-route the cables slightly to give more free-play length?

Looks just possible... But need to actually have the risers to test it out...

Those risers you mentioned are only capable of giving an increase in bar height; they are not able to "pull back" the handlebar such that I do not need to bent forward so much and have a more comfortable, and relaxing ride...

I've only come across the Rox Risers which enables the bar to move up and back(nearer the rider). Have no had prior experience with other products.. I used to have one on my CB250 Nighthawk... Was great!
 
Nate,

To start with, I'm going to try the Free Solution...rotate the bars toward me slightly and rotate the controls on the bars an equivalent amount the opposite direction.

When doing so, I'll check on the cable slack situation (or lack thereof). If rotating doesn't help much, I'll order risers at a size comparable to the amount of cable slack. SW-Motech has risers as low as 20mm and several higher increments.
 
Gumby 1100_imp said:
Nate,

To start with, I'm going to try the Free Solution...rotate the bars toward me slightly and rotate the controls on the bars an equivalent amount the opposite direction.

When doing so, I'll check on the cable slack situation (or lack thereof). If rotating doesn't help much, I'll order risers at a size comparable to the amount of cable slack. SW-Motech has risers as low as 20mm and several higher increments.
Gumby.. Switches are pinned so you wont be able to move them far without drilling new holes or grinding off locator pins
 
Thread starter
Thanks for the replies!

I'll see if the ROX risers are available locally for a no obligation try out...

Will inform you guys of the cable length/brake hose issue if any arises...
 
The ferret_imp said:
Gumby 1100_imp said:
Nate,

To start with, I'm going to try the Free Solution...rotate the bars toward me slightly and rotate the controls on the bars an equivalent amount the opposite direction.

When doing so, I'll check on the cable slack situation (or lack thereof). If rotating doesn't help much, I'll order risers at a size comparable to the amount of cable slack. SW-Motech has risers as low as 20mm and several higher increments.
Gumby.. Switches are pinned so you wont be able to move them far without drilling new holes or grinding off locator pins
Gumby.. Switches are pinned so you wont be able to move them far without drilling new holes or grinding off locator pins I broke of by mistake the locating pin on a switch of my CB1000 and that can be a pain as the switch is now a little loose on the bar.
Ordered new switch incase.
 
I have the GenMar 1" risers on my 14 Deluxe with no issues.
genmarmfg.com
Here's some pictures
ce9242c87a1a9f1eb68655a93c991593.jpg

15e44e18e4a2ea22ecf876e610bfb66d.jpg

27734aa88322f7fbcbe49f30716cdebd.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I was just wondering if the stock risers/yokes can be slid back any on the triple tree top plate.

My 2009 CBF1000 had two-position risers and I think the triple tree top plate was slotted for some adjust-ability of the bars fore or aft.
 
Thread starter
Hittheroad_imp said:
I have the GenMar 1" risers on my 14 Deluxe with no issues.
genmarmfg.com
Here's some pictures
ce9242c87a1a9f1eb68655a93c991593.jpg

15e44e18e4a2ea22ecf876e610bfb66d.jpg

27734aa88322f7fbcbe49f30716cdebd.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hittheroad,
You reckon if a 2" riser will be okay with the stock cables and hoses?

I plan to remove the black U clip that secures the throttle cables and electrical harness to the bike(just beneath the right side triple clamp) to give more free-play...

Will go to the bike shop this sat to test the 2" risers out...
 
Nate. I also tried the 1" up and 3/4 back from GenMar, but the hydraulic brake line was too tight for my liking, especially when you turned the handle bars from side to side. I use just the 1" up riser now. The 2" riser might be a stretch (pun intended) without rerouting the lines and cables.
 
Well, I just rotated the bars back between 5 and 7 degrees from their previous stock position which was inline with the forks. I was able to rotate the clutch and brake levers an equivalent amount the opposite direction so that they fall readily to hand and it also keeps the mirror stalks relatively vertical.

However, as I was advised, the throttle housing and left switch housing could not be rotated more than 1 degree, if at all. The result is that the throttle cables are stretched about as far as they can be safely. I'll still have to test that there is no affect on throttle input at full left lock.

What this experiment shows me is that on my bike ('14 Canadian), there does not seem to be any way that I could add a 1" riser block without relocating at least the throttle cables, possibly behind the triple tree instead of in front.
 
redbirds_imp said:
Twisted Throttle has a wide selection of the SW Motech risers and there are ones that both raise and pull back the bar.

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/hand...-suzuki-triumph-yamaha-pair-1-rise-1-pullback

I've had these on a Triumph Tiger and a Suzuki V-strom with no cable reach problems.
I bought and put a set on my CB a couple of days ago. The right side cables and brake hose were tight. After fooling with several positions I got mine to work - and well for me. I had to rotate my handlebars forward so there was just enough slack. It's a very up right "sit up and beg" position, but at 6'2" it works for me.
 
Thread starter
dennylee11_imp said:
redbirds_imp said:
Twisted Throttle has a wide selection of the SW Motech risers and there are ones that both raise and pull back the bar.

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/hand...-suzuki-triumph-yamaha-pair-1-rise-1-pullback

I've had these on a Triumph Tiger and a Suzuki V-strom with no cable reach problems.
I bought and put a set on my CB a couple of days ago. The right side cables and brake hose were tight. After fooling with several positions I got mine to work - and well for me. I had to rotate my handlebars forward so there was just enough slack. It's a very up right "sit up and beg" position, but at 6'2" it works for me.
I bought and put a set on my CB a couple of days ago. The right side cables and brake hose were tight. After fooling with several positions I got mine to work - and well for me. I had to rotate my handlebars forward so there was just enough slack. It's a very up right "sit up and beg" position, but at 6'2" it works for me.
Hi Dennylee11,

I've also purchased a similar riser from SW Motec a couple of days ago.. Still waiting for delivery of item...

Bought the 1" rise with 1" pull back...

Hope it helps to relief forward incline of my shoulders during riding...
maybe its me with short arms... :s






Couple of pictures of my current bike setup...
Waiting for AK-20 front cartridges and Ohlins Rear Shocks... Hope to get them installed this weekend... :)

I'd like to add a Corbin seat, GPS mount + charging cables, extra front lights, Oil Cooler Protector, OEM Cast rims(Black would be matching color scheme of bike huh?) in the near future...
 
Gumby 1100_imp said:
I was just wondering if the stock risers/yokes can be slid back any on the triple tree top plate.

My 2009 CBF1000 had two-position risers and I think the triple tree top plate was slotted for some adjust-ability of the bars fore or aft.
Check on Ebay for handle bar risers , much cheaper and the same product.
 
nate_imp said:
dennylee11_imp said:
redbirds_imp said:
Twisted Throttle has a wide selection of the SW Motech risers and there are ones that both raise and pull back the bar.

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/hand...-suzuki-triumph-yamaha-pair-1-rise-1-pullback

I've had these on a Triumph Tiger and a Suzuki V-strom with no cable reach problems.
I bought and put a set on my CB a couple of days ago. The right side cables and brake hose were tight. After fooling with several positions I got mine to work - and well for me. I had to rotate my handlebars forward so there was just enough slack. It's a very up right "sit up and beg" position, but at 6'2" it works for me.
I bought and put a set on my CB a couple of days ago. The right side cables and brake hose were tight. After fooling with several positions I got mine to work - and well for me. I had to rotate my handlebars forward so there was just enough slack. It's a very up right "sit up and beg" position, but at 6'2" it works for me.
Hi Dennylee11,

I've also purchased a similar riser from SW Motec a couple of days ago.. Still waiting for delivery of item...

Bought the 1" rise with 1" pull back...

Hope it helps to relief forward incline of my shoulders during riding...
maybe its me with short arms... :s






Couple of pictures of my current bike setup...
Waiting for AK-20 front cartridges and Ohlins Rear Shocks... Hope to get them installed this weekend... :)

I'd like to add a Corbin seat, GPS mount + charging cables, extra front lights, Oil Cooler Protector, OEM Cast rims(Black would be matching color scheme of bike huh?) in the near future...
I bought and put a set on my CB a couple of days ago. The right side cables and brake hose were tight. After fooling with several positions I got mine to work - and well for me. I had to rotate my handlebars forward so there was just enough slack. It's a very up right "sit up and beg" position, but at 6'2" it works for me.
Hi Dennylee11,

I've also purchased a similar riser from SW Motec a couple of days ago.. Still waiting for delivery of item...

Bought the 1" rise with 1" pull back...

Hope it helps to relief forward incline of my shoulders during riding...
maybe its me with short arms... :s






Couple of pictures of my current bike setup...
Waiting for AK-20 front cartridges and Ohlins Rear Shocks... Hope to get them installed this weekend... :)

I'd like to add a Corbin seat, GPS mount + charging cables, extra front lights, Oil Cooler Protector, OEM Cast rims(Black would be matching color scheme of bike huh?) in the near future...
Nate,
What did you use to mount your givi side cases? I have a set of e21s that I would like to mount.
 
Thread starter
hi hb9400,

I used the bolts, nuts, bracket extensions supplied from the givi universal mount(purchased separately from the E22 boxes), plus a custom welded SS bar for strengthen the rigidity at the rear just below the license plate area...

all done at a local custom welding shop...
 
I just installed the SW Motech risers with no issues,they are the 25mm ones in silver powder coat.They come with top clamps and longer bolts,look great and feels great with the bars pulled slightly back.They came from Twisted Throttle for 66.00 shipped..:thumbsup:
 
Back
Top