question re bar risers

ohiorider_imp

Been there
Thread starter
I know there are several that fit in the risers with the handlebar riding on top of them. Most of them I've seen are at a minimum an inch high.

Does anyone know of a shim kit that fits between top triple clamp and bottom of stock risers? Perhaps no more than 1/2" high? Of course it would require 1/2" longer bolts to hold the shims and risers to the triple clamp.

I think the extra height would let me rock the bars back slightly more without contacting the fuel tank.

Bob
 
I think you are talking about some 1/2" thick spacers. I don't think the handlebar clamp main 10mm bolt is removable. I think it is cast into the lower bar clamp making replacement with a longer bolt impossible.

The switches are also pinned to the bars to prevent rotation. I would suggest re-drilling new locating holes rather than cutting the pins off, especially on the throttle side. Also, the ends of the brake and clutch master cylinders may contact the bar if rotated down.
 
ohiorider_imp said:
redbirds_imp said:
I'm not sure there is a current answer to my question .... but thanks to both of you for taking a shot at it! Interesting to read that the bolts into the risers are permanently in place.
I'm not sure there is a current answer to my question .... but thanks to both of you for taking a shot at it! Interesting to read that the bolts into the risers are permanently in place.
22mm is about 3/4", would get you close.
 
Yesterday morning I rode for 3 1/2 hours except for a quick gas stop. I was surprized because I am usually squirming on the seat after 1 1/2 hours.

But on the way home I had an annoying knot between my shoulder blades. I installed a set of GenMar pull-back risers last year to straighten my riding position. So I am wondering if anyone else who installed them has had this problem?
 
Thread starter
According to the specs, the clamping screws spacing is 32-38mm. A quick measurement on my bike shows 32 or 33 spacing. So, they should work?
 
I'm sure they'd fit. Almost all 500cc and larger Hondas with 7/8" bars use the same bolt spacing for the past 30+ years. The number of models they omitted is probably 100 times what they had space to list.
 
Thread starter
pekingduck_imp said:
I'm sure they'd fit. Almost all 500cc and larger Hondas with 7/8" bars use the same bolt spacing for the past 30+ years. The number of models they omitted is probably 100 times what they had space to list.
That could be. I'll give them a call and confirm these things will fit and look cosmetically like part of the bike.

Thanks for your help.

Bob
 
I have raised the bars on pretty much every bike I've ever owned using 1/2 in. drive sockets of various lengths as spacers. They're uniformly round, chrome, strong steel and almost invisible when installed. A longer bolt to fit, and you're in.
 
Charlie Bravo_imp said:
I have raised the bars on pretty much every bike I've ever owned using 1/2 in. drive sockets of various lengths as spacers. They're uniformly round, chrome, strong steel and almost invisible when installed. A longer bolt to fit, and you're in.
Could you post a photo of this please? I am interested in it, but can't visualize what you are doing. Thanks :thanks:
 
Nachodaddy_imp said:
Charlie Bravo_imp said:
I have raised the bars on pretty much every bike I've ever owned using 1/2 in. drive sockets of various lengths as spacers. They're uniformly round, chrome, strong steel and almost invisible when installed. A longer bolt to fit, and you're in.
Could you post a photo of this please? I am interested in it, but can't visualize what you are doing. Thanks :thanks:
Could you post a photo of this please? I am interested in it, but can't visualize what you are doing. Thanks :thanks:
As it happens, I don't have a photo of such, and haven't done it to the CB or the Suzi. Place the sockets between the triple tree and the bar mount.
 
Charlie Bravo_imp said:
Nachodaddy_imp said:
Charlie Bravo_imp said:
I have raised the bars on pretty much every bike I've ever owned using 1/2 in. drive sockets of various lengths as spacers. They're uniformly round, chrome, strong steel and almost invisible when installed. A longer bolt to fit, and you're in.
Could you post a photo of this please? I am interested in it, but can't visualize what you are doing. Thanks :thanks:
Could you post a photo of this please? I am interested in it, but can't visualize what you are doing. Thanks :thanks:
As it happens, I don't have a photo of such, and haven't done it to the CB or the Suzi. Place the sockets between the triple tree and the bar mount.
Could you post a photo of this please? I am interested in it, but can't visualize what you are doing. Thanks :thanks:
As it happens, I don't have a photo of such, and haven't done it to the CB or the Suzi. Place the sockets between the triple tree and the bar mount. Okay, no worries. Thanks. That's what I thought you meant, but wanted to see it. Great idea.
:thanks:
 
Back
Top