Bad Accident

I checked—as moderators do—to see where this thread was up to.

It opened on a new page saying

"Re: Bad Accident
That is great news!"

Took me a while to work out.
 
Thread starter
More good news. The insurance company is offering me $8226 for the bike and the full $415 for towing. The appraiser, a motorcycle affectionato, factored in some of my many mods. I'm accepting the offer and hope they come through on the medical bills.
 
Thread starter
Elipten_imp said:
Can you salvage any parts?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
They would knock off $1500 on the settlement if I kept the bike. There are a number of salvageable parts but I might not break even if I sold them. Plus there's the hassle of a salvage license.

It doesn't show up in the pictures but my brother in law said my forks were bent. Plus the bike is messed up on both sides.
 
I was thinking about your Mr. T parts if there were some. When my truck was totaled my insurance let me take what ever I wanted, so I kept the camper shell. Sounds like your insurance is not as friendly.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
After 31 days in the hospital and rehab I go home today. In another 30-45 days I should be walking and hopefully driving. Over the winter I'll swing a leg over a motorcycle or two at my local dealer. Then I'll be in the market for a CB1100, hopefully a 2017. I'd love to get my hands an RS. Please Honda USA! End the drought.

I want to thank everyone for the words of encouragement and support. It's meant a lot. I'm ready to put this thread to bed and enjoy this incredible forum over the fall and winter.
 
love the good news as always CB4ME and hope for continued improvement in the days ahead.
 
CB4ME, since I Am a newbie and know nobody, I've only read this thread and hoped, you would recover very quickly. I've got my driving licence and bought my first bike only about 2 weeks ago and was very scared when I discovered your thread and your suffering some days after obtaining my licence and the bike. It showed me that biking is one of the the most dangerous thing in our life and I try to drive very carefully (and therefore I will try to get a good insurance in case something happens the try wife is secured).

Now you're saying that their insurance is paying for the bike, but some month ago you wrote that you had to pay about 20.000$ in advance for medical treatment and the hospital. Do they compensate that as well?

Nevertheless, it is really great news that you've made it so far, I wish you and your wife and family the best, they are great that they backed you threw this long and hard time.
 
Wow, I haven't been around in a while, so was pretty shocked to hear about your accident. REALLY glad to hear that you're OK and doing better and recovering. Here's to a quick process for that!
Odd, but this is almost identical circumstances to my big accident in 1996, only my gear wasn't as good at the time. Really glad things weren't worse for you.
Please check your PMs when you get a chance -
 
Thread starter
It will be a few months before we know how we make out on medical bills. We did have to pay up front to get out of the hospital and into rehab but are asking for reimbursement as part of the medical side of the settlement.
 
Continued prayers for your recovery, CB4ME. We're all pulling for you. Sounds like getting another bike and getting back out there is a part of the mental side of your recovery.
 
It's great news about your recovery, CB4ME. May it continue.
 
Thread starter
I saw the shoulder and pelvis doctor yesterday.

Shoulder movement restrictions will be reduced in 2 weeks.

Pelvis restrictions (no weight on right keg) will remain in place for another 8 week. No sweat!

Totally happy with my 5 pets and very comfortable living conditions.

I'll have a TV in the new house in a week. Lots of MotoGP races to watch on my DVR. Meanwhile enjoying motorcycling via this forum and other internet sites.

Wife is already loosening up on the idea of a new bike in 2017.

Life is good.
 
Whoa you have a cool wife!

Glad as always with the good news. YOu and Pedrosa can maybe get together and watch races while the bones heal.

You will a new race to watch in a couple of days.
 
Sorry to hear about your situation. I hope your being compensated well by the driver of the van, church or whomever carried the liability insurance. I've been riding off and on for 41 years and have been subject to similar situations. Luckily I've not had one that resulted in a collision with a vehicle. Its really a shame you have to ride around trying to do the "Vulcan Mind Meld" with these idiots to avoid things like this. Unfortunately there are simply too many inattentive drivers these days talking or texting on cell phones.

Hope to hear about your new bike soon. Get well.
 
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I have to say I feel bad at having missed this! I have been an infrequent visitor lately but I read a couple posts that mentioned your accident and had to find out what happened. Please accept my late well wishes. Your positive attitude is amazing and inspiring. Hang in there!
 
Back
Top