Bad Accident

CB my thoughts and best wishes are for you. You sir are a tough man to be posting after an accident like that. Accidents like this scare the heck out of me, so keep that positive attitude. I hope that dam van driver has guilt and needs to pay the price.

Get well, keep strong. Let me know if I can send you anything.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Once again, thanks to everyone for their support. I'm in rehab now, paired with a noisy roommate who has to sleep with the light and TV on. But my wife brought me some earplugs. Problem solved. Interestingly, he too was injured in a motorcycle crash. Riding a GSXR750 with an insanely wide 310 rear and lowered frame, he encountered some gravel on a hardtop road in Baltimore City, began to lose the bike, and HE JUMPED OFF THE BIKE!

It wouldn't have occurred to me to jump away from the bike, but I suspect it's prudent to do so it some situations. Unfortunately it didn't work out too well for him, and I'll likely escape the madhouse before he does.
 
CB4ME,I have been following this thread from the start. Waiting for the words to come. Not to good at words but please know our prayers are with you until your complete recovery. We agree with your DRs statement that you are one tough cookie. As others have said, if there is anything that be done to help, please say so.

Mike & Mary
 
Of course I know you need physical therapy to recover but the few times I've been in the hospital I've always thought....just knock me out and wake me up when I'm healed ;-)
 
Gee Wiz, VERY sorry to hear this bad news. Obviously, I do not know you...But to a small extent I DO KNOW YOU, as you are a member of our two-wheeled brotherhood. We all have this in common, and together we take on the risks associated with our love for motorcycling. It goes without saying that getting hurt sucks, but perhaps its a tiny bit better than having a heart attack at work, or falling down a flight of steps...at least you can say you were doing something you enjoyed when you were injured. Hopefully you'll make a full recovery, and if you choose, make a triumphant return to the sport! Get well CB4ME.
 
CB4ME, I always give a special listen to your posts, having lived in nearby (to you) Ellicott City for about 17 years. It was fun for me to see the lovely background of Maryland in your photos and to know many of the roads you ride. Was very sad to hear of your crash and I'm keeping good thoughts for you and wishing you strength and persistence through your recovery. As Chip and others have said, with such a sudden impact, it's fantastic that you escaped any head/neck injury and that you're able to share with us on the forum. Rooting for you, CB4ME.
 
Wow, so sorry to hear about this CB4ME - best wishes for a speedy and full recovery. Thank goodness for quick thinking on your part!
 
what a story to read, good you are okay

i hope you recover quickly and perhaps find the energy to ride again in the near future!
 
I wish I could say something that hasnt been said regarding wishing a speedy rehab and thanking the good Lord you are still here to tell the tale. It does really drive home the need for good gear.

Looking forward to seeing your rehab progress.
 
Thread starter
Quick update: New room with a view, physical therapy in progress, in a wheel chair, eating in the dinning room, weaning off pain meds.

Pelvis is the worst of it, preventing any weight on right leg. Going to be around 6 weeks before I can make real progress and escape to a new house my wife is finagling that has easy access. We'll be renting our existing house and buying the new one.

Everyone ride safe and try to make eye contact with drivers waiting at intersections.
 
Room with a view -- that's awesome. Sounds like your spirits are good. Keep it up and you'll do great!

I must say your new accommodations remind me of a riddle: You know what's great about being a test-tube baby? You get a womb with a view.

Sorry.
 
I'll take good news everyday CB4ME. Keep it coming
 
CB4ME_imp said:
Quick update: New room with a view, physical therapy in progress, in a wheel chair, eating in the dinning room, weaning off pain meds.

Pelvis is the worst of it, preventing any weight on right leg. Going to be around 6 weeks before I can make real progress and escape to a new house my wife is finagling that has easy access. We'll be renting our existing house and buying the new one.

Everyone ride safe and try to make eye contact with drivers waiting at intersections.
CB4ME, very glad to hear you're in a better room now, and on the mend. I hope you don't mind me chiming in about making eye contact with drivers -- and I only say it in the same spirit of what you said. I've had drivers who were looking right at me still pull out in front of me. One thing I've started doing in those country intersection situations is flash my brights on and off (while covering both brakes just in case), which seems to get the driver's attention and/or seems to warn them off from pulling out. It may also make them hesitate long enough to where they calculate that it's become too late to pull out into traffic. This tactic may not have made any difference in your case, but I still think it can reduce these incidents in some cases.

My 20 year old son rides now, and I have drilled into him to assume that no one, I mean absolutely no one, sees him when he's on his bike.

In any event, I thought I would throw in my 2 cents in the hope that we can save the next guy from going through what you are going through. Best wishes for a speedy recovery and a fat settlement. I'm not a litigious person, but in your case I would have zero qualms about suing their pants off, church van or not.
 
Scoobynut_imp said:
CB4ME_imp said:
Quick update: New room with a view, physical therapy in progress, in a wheel chair, eating in the dinning room, weaning off pain meds.

Pelvis is the worst of it, preventing any weight on right leg. Going to be around 6 weeks before I can make real progress and escape to a new house my wife is finagling that has easy access. We'll be renting our existing house and buying the new one.

Everyone ride safe and try to make eye contact with drivers waiting at intersections.
CB4ME, very glad to hear you're in a better room now, and on the mend. I hope you don't mind me chiming in about making eye contact with drivers -- and I only say it in the same spirit of what you said. I've had drivers who were looking right at me still pull out in front of me. One thing I've started doing in those country intersection situations is flash my brights on and off (while covering both brakes just in case), which seems to get the driver's attention and/or seems to warn them off from pulling out. It may also make them hesitate long enough to where they calculate that it's become too late to pull out into traffic. This tactic may not have made any difference in your case, but I still think it can reduce these incidents in some cases.

My 20 year old son rides now, and I have drilled into him to assume that no one, I mean absolutely no one, sees him when he's on his bike.

In any event, I thought I would throw in my 2 cents in the hope that we can save the next guy from going through what you are going through. Best wishes for a speedy recovery and a fat settlement. I'm not a litigious person, but in your case I would have zero qualms about suing their pants off, church van or not.

This is the first bike I've owned with a flash to pass switch. I love it.

If there is someone at an intersection or parking lot- if they just pulled there while I am approaching, or even give the slightest intention of pulling out (look at their wheels), I flash the lights several time. Might p' em off, but IDGAF.
 
Riko_imp said:
Did i read correctly?

22.000 usd had to be paid in front? :o

Shocked
Riko, if you go to the US have good health insurance.

CB4ME, I hope the pain eases quickly.
 
I'm still doing the wave, as I approach I weave my bike a bit and the headlight goes in a figure 8 which is easier to see than the single round light. Seems to help a lot.
 
Thanks for the update, I don't even like to imagine the pelvis pain! Continued wishes for full recovery, patience with the process and good PT.
 
Back
Top