Bad Accident - Pictures

CB4ME_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
My wife took these for me.

4776503cac2c9f7d6fb76f8cfcc79b44.jpg


4876ae6105a2fabc4aace03efd9b4967.jpg


062fda10f53d701ffc116499831ee589.jpg


4bcab757d11b3f383e85eba4fefd0b3f.jpeg


85fddc01d6aa1b6188cd9702005a591c.jpg


f42d0ad7c3f8e69a139978c52b09176c.jpg


cd9e0f3d06a36c8f03433c0615bf6d86.jpg


8ce9626fc49c339753ba76df83b22169.jpg


608ab65224c5bc6b6dcbdffe88fcf32f.jpg


31d5b4e0bd030aef0f55203aa2e8c9aa.jpg


5b7b9312207708753d1189853a2dad22.jpg


e89674dda21ce0c0e614a218484b761f.jpg


I'm able to get into and out of a wheelchair and use the bathroom without assistance. No more bed pans.:D
 
UGgggg..as in ugly! All those beautiful accessories destroyed. Did you get a get well soon (and get back to spending) card from Mr. T?

More good news CB4ME! ... Keep it coming
 
I was hesitant to look at this thread because I expected to see pictures of personal injuries, and I don't need to have that memory in my head, but I took a look anyway - planning to leave immediately if they were gruesome.
Well, the pictures of the smashed CB are gruesome enough.
Such a shame!!
Heal quickly and all the best for the future :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
Sorry, man, I hope you're on the mend. Bike is probably totaled, and you're not, so that's a better outcome than the alternative. Heal, man.
 
What sad pictures of a once beautiful machine.

Better the machine than you, CB4ME. Keep recovering.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
What sad pictures of a once beautiful machine.

Better the machine than you, CB4ME. Keep recovering.
+1, machines can be replaced, you can't. Best wishes for your continued recovery.
 
Oh man!! CB4ME, I read about your situation and now these pics of the bike ... my thoughts are with you. Get well soon. All the best.
 
+1 on what everybody else said. Get well soon!
 
Silly as it sounds, I would piece the bike back together and ride it. Both of you will have battle scars. I wouldn't junk it, nor fix it back to perfect.

New handlebars, new levers, grips, throttle if needed, rear end tailight, blinkers, etc.. fork upper tubes maybe?

Not saying it has to be your only bike-- but it deserves to ride again, if even as a scarred up story to tell where ever you go on it. If the insurance company totals it, the buy back will be dirt cheap, just call them and ask.

The cost to get it back on the road as is would not be much. I've got spare stock handlebars, grips, throttle tube. You can have them for free, just tell me your address.
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
Silly as it sounds, I would piece the bike back together and ride it. Both of you will have battle scars. I wouldn't junk it, nor fix it back to perfect.

New handlebars, new levers, grips, throttle if needed, rear end tailight, blinkers, etc.. fork upper tubes maybe?

Not saying it has to be your only bike-- but it deserves to ride again, if even as a scarred up story to tell where ever you go on it. If the insurance company totals it, the buy back will be dirt cheap, just call them and ask.

The cost to get it back on the road as is would not be much. I've got spare stock handlebars, grips, throttle tube. You can have them for free, just tell me your address.
With the amount of damage to the head, I wouldn't even bother. There could be micro cracks deep in the metal that you just can't see that would cause a failure down the road. The head took a MAJOR hit and that makes it just not worth keeping/fixing.
 
Meh, it's a few cooling fins. If it bothered someone, there is a low mile head on EBay for a few hundred.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I would definitely buy it back from the insurance company, if it was cheap, $500 or less. It would give you something to play with until you are healed.
 
CB4ME_imp said:
My wife took these for me.

4776503cac2c9f7d6fb76f8cfcc79b44.jpg


4876ae6105a2fabc4aace03efd9b4967.jpg


062fda10f53d701ffc116499831ee589.jpg


4bcab757d11b3f383e85eba4fefd0b3f.jpeg


85fddc01d6aa1b6188cd9702005a591c.jpg


f42d0ad7c3f8e69a139978c52b09176c.jpg


cd9e0f3d06a36c8f03433c0615bf6d86.jpg


8ce9626fc49c339753ba76df83b22169.jpg


608ab65224c5bc6b6dcbdffe88fcf32f.jpg


31d5b4e0bd030aef0f55203aa2e8c9aa.jpg


5b7b9312207708753d1189853a2dad22.jpg


e89674dda21ce0c0e614a218484b761f.jpg


I'm able to get into and out of a wheelchair and use the bathroom without assistance. No more bed pans.:D
Just those little things like using the bathroom and getting out of the chair are milestones of improvement! Thanks for posting the pictures. It's a reminder for all of us to gear up before we leave the house. A huge shout out to your wife for taking care of you and being so supportive! Each day you'll get stronger, one step at a time.
take care, Russ
 
Back
Top