backside

superhawk_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
there is so many option on seats I have a 13 cb1100 and took it for a 250 mile ride on sat and wanted to walk the last 25 miles my wife suggested the last 50 I rode my 63 superhawk 600 miles in three days amca road run and it was better I am 5'9' 215lb
see all the talk different seat how about for a guy my size .
got any ideas it the size of the rider I think make a different :thanks: gary
 
Hard to understand what your asking.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
I guess your asking what aftermarket seat would be more comfortable than stock? I am 6' and about 225. I have the Daytona cafe seat and it is super comfortable. There are many options, all depends on what style and shape you like.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
 
Seats are something so personal that you have to find what works for you. I think the stock seat just fine for a 400 mile day. My brother found the stock seat on his CB unbearable and went with a Corbin.
 
AirHawk cushion.
 
Thread starter
yes it a hard choice most you can not return if you ride them and the cost and not be better off WOW
 
I recently got a K&H hi seat on mine. It seems better than stock. I like the little more leg room, but still not 100% comfortable as I was expecting...
 
superhawk_imp said:
there is so many option on seats I have a 13 cb1100 and took it for a 250 mile ride on sat and wanted to walk the last 25 miles my wife suggested the last 50 I rode my 63 superhawk 600 miles in three days amca road run and it was better I am 5'9' 215lb
see all the talk different seat how about for a guy my size .
got any ideas it the size of the rider I think make a different :thanks: gary
lol this is a great post! Yes the seat is lousy, only good for looks. Monkey butt and I only weigh 140, same result.

I still have stock seat, Corbin makes really good stuff in my view, there are lots of recommendations, that's mine, Corbin. You'll never feel like walking again, I'd wager.
superhawk_imp said:
yes it a hard choice most you can not return if you ride them and the cost and not be better off WOW
LOL, "hard choice" that's a good one, no pun intended am sure

Good luck with the seat, better than having to spend extra time with your urologist or proctologist or whatever kind of doctors we need to fix us because we ride.
 
In all my years of riding only one seat comes to mind that was truly 100% comfortable. The seat on my brothers 72 Moto Guzzi 850 Eldorado. The rest have been tolerable.
 
I put a corbin gunfighter on mine, has a rounder "seat" area. More room for your rear and a little room to shift around as the ride goes on to get a new position. The standard seat was like a 2x4 to me, too narrow, couldn't go more than 20 minutes without being uncomfortable. I couldn't see how putting a cushion would improve it, it's still very narrow. I wanted all of my rear on the seat and not just the inner 3 inches on each side. Good luck with your search.
I'm 5'10" and 200#.
crutch
 
Back
Top