V65CigarFly_imp
New to the forum
Thread starter
Does anyone know where I can buy a nice backrest for my 2017? My wife likes to ride with me but won't go anymore without one.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Thx for the response! I've been looking quite a bit and I'll eventually find something I like - I just can't justify spending 750-800 bucks for a nice Corbin.Cormanus_imp said:G'day V65. Welcome to the forum. My solution is a Givi top box with backrest. Try searching, but I recall most of the backrest solutions for earlier models were either adapting those from other bikes or people fabricating their own.
Try the forum's search function. You may have to try variations of 'back rest', 'backrest', 'sissybar', 'sissy bar'.

I bought the same rack over other options just for that elevated bar. My wife loves riding behind me, but neither of us were at ease with how easy it felt like she could slide right off the back. The bar is a confidence booster.Flynrider_imp said:I occasionally carry nervous passengers, so I picked a Hepco and Becker luggage rack with an elevated grab bar. It's not quite a backrest, but it's enough to keep passengers from thinking they're going to slide off the back. I plan on getting a little pad for the bar, next time I take a seat in for re-upholstery.
![]()
Thx for the response! I've been looking quite a bit and I'll eventually find something I like - I just can't justify spending 750-800 bucks for a nice Corbin.V65CigarFly_imp said:Thx for the response! I've been looking quite a bit and I'll eventually find something I like - I just can't justify spending 750-800 bucks for a nice Corbin.Cormanus_imp said:G'day V65. Welcome to the forum. My solution is a Givi top box with backrest. Try searching, but I recall most of the backrest solutions for earlier models were either adapting those from other bikes or people fabricating their own.
Try the forum's search function. You may have to try variations of 'back rest', 'backrest', 'sissybar', 'sissy bar'.

Jonz_imp said:I made my own for my 13, but a few years back there was some posts about simple mods to a 2007 honda shadow " sissy bar and rack" that might work for you. It was something bought from e-bay for ~$60. It was pretty nice but required a hole or two to be drilled.
Jon Z
Wish I had a photo of the day you gave me and my luggage a lift across Sydney. We must have been a sight.Cormanus_imp said:You’re a lucky man, Flynrider. I only ever carry very nervous passengers.![]()
I have this setup. It works great.bflint_imp said:My custom Corbin motorcycle seat comes with an slot for an optional backrest that you can also purchase from Corbin. I did not purchase the backrest yet (probably never) because the wife is not interested in riding anymore.
REF: Corbin Motorcycle Seats & Accessories | Honda CB1100 | 800-538-7035