Backrest?

V65CigarFly_imp

New to the forum
Thread starter
Does anyone know where I can buy a nice backrest for my 2017? My wife likes to ride with me but won't go anymore without one.
 
G'day V65. Welcome to the forum. My solution is a Givi top box with backrest. Try searching, but I recall most of the backrest solutions for earlier models were either adapting those from other bikes or people fabricating their own.

Try the forum's search function. You may have to try variations of 'back rest', 'backrest', 'sissybar', 'sissy bar'.
 
Honda’s solution is a Honda rack with a Honda topbox. The box has a cushion on it.

Some have done what Cormanus says and fabricated their own, or made something work. And some have changed the seat to one that has a backrest option.

Considering how many people want one, you’d think someone would have made them for sale by now.
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
G'day V65. Welcome to the forum. My solution is a Givi top box with backrest. Try searching, but I recall most of the backrest solutions for earlier models were either adapting those from other bikes or people fabricating their own.

Try the forum's search function. You may have to try variations of 'back rest', 'backrest', 'sissybar', 'sissy bar'.
Thx for the response! I've been looking quite a bit and I'll eventually find something I like - I just can't justify spending 750-800 bucks for a nice Corbin.
 
I made my own for my 13, but a few years back there was some posts about simple mods to a 2007 honda shadow " sissy bar and rack" that might work for you. It was something bought from e-bay for ~$60. It was pretty nice but required a hole or two to be drilled.
Jon Z
 
I occasionally carry nervous passengers, so I picked a Hepco and Becker luggage rack with an elevated grab bar. It's not quite a backrest, but it's enough to keep passengers from thinking they're going to slide off the back. I plan on getting a little pad for the bar, next time I take a seat in for re-upholstery.

56d2f6aa1276a3d5aa7cb0b0408c7c09.jpg
 
You’re a lucky man, Flynrider. I only ever carry very nervous passengers. :(
 
Flynrider_imp said:
I occasionally carry nervous passengers, so I picked a Hepco and Becker luggage rack with an elevated grab bar. It's not quite a backrest, but it's enough to keep passengers from thinking they're going to slide off the back. I plan on getting a little pad for the bar, next time I take a seat in for re-upholstery.

56d2f6aa1276a3d5aa7cb0b0408c7c09.jpg
I bought the same rack over other options just for that elevated bar. My wife loves riding behind me, but neither of us were at ease with how easy it felt like she could slide right off the back. The bar is a confidence booster.

Nowadays I have a plastic milk crate secured to the rack and she says it makes a great backrest.
 
V65CigarFly_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
G'day V65. Welcome to the forum. My solution is a Givi top box with backrest. Try searching, but I recall most of the backrest solutions for earlier models were either adapting those from other bikes or people fabricating their own.

Try the forum's search function. You may have to try variations of 'back rest', 'backrest', 'sissybar', 'sissy bar'.
Thx for the response! I've been looking quite a bit and I'll eventually find something I like - I just can't justify spending 750-800 bucks for a nice Corbin.
Thx for the response! I've been looking quite a bit and I'll eventually find something I like - I just can't justify spending 750-800 bucks for a nice Corbin.
IMO the seat needs replaced anyway. YMMV



Not the prettiest thing in the world but I still like it.
 
I installed the oem Honda chrome rear rack. I bought a Dewalt heavy duty plastic tool box and a sissy bar pad from ebay. I plan to mount the pad on the box and put my wife on the bike to find her comfy spot. I will then bolt the box to the rack. Pictures coming soon.
 
I haven't bought a cb 1100 yet because of this very issue. I've wanted one since it first came out in '13 but none offered that looked right. I've got a vt 1100 spirit and I look at the back rest and I'm thinking it will work with a little tweaking and it would look better with bike design than goofy ones I see offered. I'm looking at used cb 1100's now. To be continued. ; )


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Jonz_imp said:
I made my own for my 13, but a few years back there was some posts about simple mods to a 2007 honda shadow " sissy bar and rack" that might work for you. It was something bought from e-bay for ~$60. It was pretty nice but required a hole or two to be drilled.
Jon Z

I'm thinking that's the way to go for now.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Schwartzracer ... I remember him.

There's been another picture of a back rest in the past couple of days, but I couldn't find it earlier.
 
Apparently he got the ban hammer. I don't remember him or why. At least the pics still show.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
You’re a lucky man, Flynrider. I only ever carry very nervous passengers. :(
Wish I had a photo of the day you gave me and my luggage a lift across Sydney. We must have been a sight.
bflint_imp said:
My custom Corbin motorcycle seat comes with an slot for an optional backrest that you can also purchase from Corbin. I did not purchase the backrest yet (probably never) because the wife is not interested in riding anymore.

REF: Corbin Motorcycle Seats & Accessories | Honda CB1100 | 800-538-7035
I have this setup. It works great.
 
Back
Top