BackOFF Brake Light Module

Hawkeye_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
If anyone has installed a BackOFF Brake Light Module or similar device, I’d very much appreciate if you would please share any installation details, including how and/or where you accessed the green/yellow brake light wire as the wiring underneath the seat is encased/enclosed in black conduit, your module mounting location, and any additional details you’d care to share.

Thank you.
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
This might help. Its in the How to section: Install Vizi-tec brake light modulator
Popgun – thank you!

Once again, you’re the first to help! This will give me an idea where to look for the green/yellow brake light wire even though it’s a different module.

If anyone else has installed the BackOFF, please share your installation details.

Popgun – many thanks again for your help!
 
If you just need the end of the wire, the connection is in a plastic boot on the left side of the battery compartment. Remove the tool box to access. It may also help to remove the left side cover. The connections for the tail light and the turn signals are there.
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
If you just need the end of the wire, the connection is in a plastic boot on the left side of the battery compartment. Remove the tool box to access. It may also help to remove the left side cover. The connections for the tail light and the turn signals are there.
Popgun – thank you for more excellent advice/help!

I took the seat and side cover off earlier to have a quick look but had to stop as I haven’t been feeling well; hopefully, I can delve into it again tomorrow.

Thanks again for your much appreciated assistance; I owe you double now – first time was for the muffler, and now for this!
 
I run these lights: http://www.hyperlites.com/stdsf.html

I had them on my '02 CB750-Nighthawk and moved them to my CB1100. I think (hope) they draw attention to inattentive drivers - especially at stop lights. There are installation instructions (pretty straight forward) on their website. I would buy them again.
 
I have a replacement bulb with the electronics built in. No wires to modify that way.
 
I installed a BackOff module. All the wires can be accessed directly under the document compartment along the left frame rail. I flat-mounted the module on the forward part of the rear fender, using the sticky tape or whatever was provided but also secured it with a silicone band I had laying around from a GPS mount for a bicycle. I guess I need to go get you an image...

[attachment=5525]
 
Thread starter
Ulvetanna_imp said:
I installed a BackOff module. All the wires can be accessed directly under the document compartment along the left frame rail. I flat-mounted the module on the forward part of the rear fender, using the sticky tape or whatever was provided but also secured it with a silicone band I had laying around from a GPS mount for a bicycle. I guess I need to go get you an image...

[attachment=5525]
Ulvetanna,

Many thanks for your much appreciated details and photo; they are very helpful!

May I ask if you soldered the wires, or did you use another type of connection?

Thanks again!
 
Hawkeye_imp said:
Ulvetanna_imp said:
I installed a BackOff module. All the wires can be accessed directly under the document compartment along the left frame rail. I flat-mounted the module on the forward part of the rear fender, using the sticky tape or whatever was provided but also secured it with a silicone band I had laying around from a GPS mount for a bicycle. I guess I need to go get you an image...

[attachment=5525]
Ulvetanna,

Many thanks for your much appreciated details and photo; they are very helpful!

May I ask if you soldered the wires, or did you use another type of connection?

Thanks again!
Ulvetanna,

Many thanks for your much appreciated details and photo; they are very helpful!

May I ask if you soldered the wires, or did you use another type of connection?

Thanks again! As I recall, I used the standard crimp-type connectors on all connections. I like this module, I really do feel it helps get a bit more attention. I ride in a lot of traffic so it seems to be a good modification.
 
Thread starter
Ulvetanna_imp said:
Hawkeye_imp said:
Ulvetanna_imp said:
I installed a BackOff module. All the wires can be accessed directly under the document compartment along the left frame rail. I flat-mounted the module on the forward part of the rear fender, using the sticky tape or whatever was provided but also secured it with a silicone band I had laying around from a GPS mount for a bicycle. I guess I need to go get you an image...

[attachment=5525]
Ulvetanna,

Many thanks for your much appreciated details and photo; they are very helpful!

May I ask if you soldered the wires, or did you use another type of connection?

Thanks again!
Ulvetanna,

Many thanks for your much appreciated details and photo; they are very helpful!

May I ask if you soldered the wires, or did you use another type of connection?

Thanks again! As I recall, I used the standard crimp-type connectors on all connections. I like this module, I really do feel it helps get a bit more attention. I ride in a lot of traffic so it seems to be a good modification.
Ulvetanna,

Many thanks for your much appreciated details and photo; they are very helpful!

May I ask if you soldered the wires, or did you use another type of connection?

Thanks again! As I recall, I used the standard crimp-type connectors on all connections. I like this module, I really do feel it helps get a bit more attention. I ride in a lot of traffic so it seems to be a good modification.
Ulvetanna,

Thanks for your response.

I researched a number of flashing brake light devices; many claimed to have the most advanced and/or best flashing patterns, but the BackOFF appealed to me the most.

Thanks again for your help!
 
Hawkeye_imp said:
Ulvetanna_imp said:
Hawkeye_imp said:
Ulvetanna_imp said:
I installed a BackOff module. All the wires can be accessed directly under the document compartment along the left frame rail. I flat-mounted the module on the forward part of the rear fender, using the sticky tape or whatever was provided but also secured it with a silicone band I had laying around from a GPS mount for a bicycle. I guess I need to go get you an image...

[attachment=5525]
Ulvetanna,

Many thanks for your much appreciated details and photo; they are very helpful!

May I ask if you soldered the wires, or did you use another type of connection?

Thanks again!
Ulvetanna,

Many thanks for your much appreciated details and photo; they are very helpful!

May I ask if you soldered the wires, or did you use another type of connection?

Thanks again! As I recall, I used the standard crimp-type connectors on all connections. I like this module, I really do feel it helps get a bit more attention. I ride in a lot of traffic so it seems to be a good modification.
Ulvetanna,

Many thanks for your much appreciated details and photo; they are very helpful!

May I ask if you soldered the wires, or did you use another type of connection?

Thanks again! As I recall, I used the standard crimp-type connectors on all connections. I like this module, I really do feel it helps get a bit more attention. I ride in a lot of traffic so it seems to be a good modification.
Ulvetanna,

Thanks for your response.

I researched a number of flashing brake light devices; many claimed to have the most advanced and/or best flashing patterns, but the BackOFF appealed to me the most.

Thanks again for your help!
Outstanding, let us know how it turns out.
 
Back
Top