Back on the CB after a health scare.

Tezza_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Back in January I was having some probs with my right eye blacking out. Saw a couple of doctors but as the problem was intermittent no-one seemed to know what was the cause. I ended up driving up to far north Queensland and did some fishing and visited my daughter. When I got home there was a few messages from my doctor to come and visit him asap. The results of my MRI showed that I had a blocked carotid artery and my symptoms were what is known as a TIA. Went straight to hospital and had a carotid Endarterectomy on my right side. All fixed now and just a check up late next year. I have been clocking up some kilometres in the last couple of months and just put a set of Dunlop Arrowmax tyres on the CB. I went for a 150 on the back and if the weather ever cools off a bit I'll be able to see how well they handle.Now that my maintenance has been done I intend to replace the chain and sprockets and do the valve clearances on the CB. It has just hit 60k kilometres.
bdef7faf34a2055b66803dc11c523f0f.jpg

More plumbing than a suzuki 2stroke oil pump.
9b7ea7aa8457f42f46033b4d493abf88.jpg

Nice zipper on my neck.
 
Doesn't look good but look is not important.
Wish you speedy and permanent recovery, so you can enjoy your CB in upcoming Australian summer. Good luck!
:thumbsup:
 
Tezza_imp said:
Back in January I was having some probs with my right eye blacking out. Saw a couple of doctors but as the problem was intermittent no-one seemed to know what was the cause. I ended up driving up to far north Queensland and did some fishing and visited my daughter. When I got home there was a few messages from my doctor to come and visit him asap. The results of my MRI showed that I had a blocked carotid artery and my symptoms were what is known as a TIA. Went straight to hospital and had a carotid Endarterectomy on my right side. All fixed now and just a check up late next year. I have been clocking up some kilometres in the last couple of months and just put a set of Dunlop Arrowmax tyres on the CB. I went for a 150 on the back and if the weather ever cools off a bit I'll be able to see how well they handle.Now that my maintenance has been done I intend to replace the chain and sprockets and do the valve clearances on the CB. It has just hit 60k kilometres.
bdef7faf34a2055b66803dc11c523f0f.jpg

More plumbing than a suzuki 2stroke oil pump.
9b7ea7aa8457f42f46033b4d493abf88.jpg

Nice zipper on my neck.
Got through it ...... good for you!

Bob
 
Chicks dig scars.

Geez glad they found out what the problem was and got you fixed up Tezzza. Any long term ramifications?

Never heard of that particular problem. Good to know there is something else to worry about lol.
 
Impressive proactive response. Glad to read about the recovery.

If I had met you without knowing anything, you could tell me any story and I'd believe it.
 
G'day Tezza, good the blockage has been sorted and your feeling better.

When you do the valve clearance check please let us know how it went and add you findings to Pterodactyl valve clearance table.

Regards NRTM
 
Wow, that's a serious slice on the neck! Glad you're on the rebound. Good luck with the maintenance items coming up. Has anyone done a "how-to" for chain and sprocket replacement? Here's your chance!
 
Thread starter
My neck has healed up really well and it is well camouflaged by the other wrinkles. They had to cut a nerve to get to my artery so the right side of my neck and my chin are still numb. It could take up to 9 months to repair so shaving is a bit awkward. I have found the biggest problem is the statins I have to take now make my leg muscles a bit shaky so I have to be careful when maneuvering the bike.
 
Geez, Tezza! I was thinking about you the other day and that we should organize a ride. Glad to hear you’ve got through that OK. Best wishes for a continuing recovery.

I’m interested: why did you a 150 on the rear rather than the 140?
 
Just catching up with this thread.
Wow, that wasn't any fun was it!!!
It's the first time I ever heard of this problem/procedure.
Glad you came through and are doing fine :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
Congrats on coming through and back on the bike.
I had both sides done.
1 side was closed with tape the other with 14 staples.
People can't help but see the scars, the tape side came out a little better looking.
More h2o to the brain is a good thing. :thumbsup:

ACK
 
Been buried with a work project (work, sooooo overrated). Just read this, and dangit, Ferret, beat me to the "Chicks dig scars" comment.
Actually, most of them don't. Banged my head on the forklift a few days ago, gashed myself, and my wife is not too happy about it.

The pictures look scary, but very glad to see you on the mend!
 
I've been cut up a few times, too. Open heart 2x. Once that left me with a fairly large scar running from wrist to elbow. They needed one of the two arteries in the lower left arm for 'spare parts' to do the bypass surgery.

My explanation: biker bar incident .... had to fight my way out!! But you should have seen the other guy!

Bob
 
Back
Top