BACK IN THE SADDLE AFTER 2 YEARS

Nortoon_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
I backed my motorcycle out of the garage yesterday. Stopped it in the laneway, and turned it off while I put on my helmet. But when I tried to start it to leave it would not work. It took me a while to realize I had left it in 1st gear when I stopped. Felt rather dumb, but I have not ridden it in 2 years because of the pandemic, so I was not as familiar with the bike that I use to be.

Had a pleasant ride, and was surprised that I was comfortable during the whole ride.

Rolled the bike into the garage and turned it off. Tried to put it on its center stand, but despite my hefty weight I could not. Took a while to realize that I had left it in 1st gear again. Dumb! Put it in neutral and it rolled right up.
 
Welcome back Nortoon. I was wondering how you were doing only the other day.
 
It's interesting about riding how we don't forget the gist but all the small details. Happy you had a nice ride Nortoon!

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
Congrats on being back on the road again
 
Welcome back, Nortoon. You haven't missed much :P
Isn't it nice when you bike just fires right up after all that time?
 
when I got my CB home and off the truck, it would not start and run. I was po'd. Thought I was screwed. Took me about 3 stressful minutes to learn about the side stand safety feature.
 
Tom_imp said:
when I got my CB home and off the truck, it would not start and run. I was po'd. Thought I was screwed. Took me about 3 stressful minutes to learn about the side stand safety feature.
We have all been there. Some of us more than once... MisterProfessionality :P
 
I had a senior biking moment the other day.
I have a Bonneville T120 as well as a '13 CB - couldn't get the CB to start, but then realised the T120's start switch is red and in the same place as the CB's kill button.....doh.
 
Back
Top