Back By Popular Demand - The Three Amigos Ride Again!

misterprofessionality_imp said:
offroadfx4_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
I have GOT to get down there one of these days
Me too! Lets do it sometime...since I'm retired!

If you don't want to ride it, I'll come get you and we'll drive it.
Me too! Lets do it sometime...since I'm retired!

If you don't want to ride it, I'll come get you and we'll drive it.
My wife and I are going to be there for the vintage festival in October, hopefully with our small bores. There's no better time to go! see the races, the swap meets, the events, test ride booths, and the museum all in one big 3 day event!
Me too! Lets do it sometime...since I'm retired!

If you don't want to ride it, I'll come get you and we'll drive it.
My wife and I are going to be there for the vintage festival in October, hopefully with our small bores. There's no better time to go! see the races, the swap meets, the events, test ride booths, and the museum all in one big 3 day event!

If you arrive on Friday, just past the museum on the right will be the Porsche Driving Experience building, a two story tan concrete bldg just before the check in gates. We use their building for receiving incoming UPS and Fed Ex packages for event sponsors.
I'll be working at the entrance door in the lobby and have some free goodies to hand out.
 
Stichill_imp said:
Good, clean, wholesome, fine family fun! :thumbsup:

The ferret_imp said:
Fun. What is a Sheets Fried Sampler?

Safe travels KE
I think Sheetz is a convenience store with gas, or a gas station with food, or a restaurant with gas! Or all three! I've seen them in Virginia; they tend to have 16 or more pumps lol.

The A-man_imp said:
:rofl:

The A-man_imp said:
So, here's a little more info to "tickle" your interest. Kiowa Eagle is on his way for a rendezvous with Mtneers in Pounding Mill, VA. Then tomorrow, they head out do do the Back of the Dragon, on the way to rendezvous with me in Blowing Rock, NC. Then we make our way down to Robbinsville, NC (Tail of the Dragon) for two nites/one full day of riding that area. Then on to Nashville, TN to sample some bar band music. Then down the Natchez Trace Parkway to Natchez MS - likely a two day ride. Then on to Birmingham, AL to meet up with MSCB1100 for a tour of the Barber Museum. Then, we head back to my place in WNC east of Asheville (likely via Chatanooga) for a farewell dinner.

So, fellow CB'ers, we'll expect to see you out in your lawn chairs in your front yards as we take our "Whispering Thunder" tour down your backroads throughout the Southeast!

Meanwhile, I've got to get back to packing, and preparing myself for the free bike wash that TS Elsa is likely to provide tomorrow! P.S. - I'm hoping that the rain won't wash off the horse liniment that I'll be using to numb my poor gluteus muscles!
I'm remembering that drencher that you, Razor, and me got caught in at the 2018 Berea Rally! :biker:

I think [url=https://www.sheetz.com/food]Sheetz is a convenience store with gas, or a gas station with food, or a restaurant with gas! Or all three! I've seen them in Virginia; they tend to have 16 or more pumps lol.

The A-man_imp said:
:rofl:

The A-man_imp said:
So, here's a little more info to "tickle" your interest. Kiowa Eagle is on his way for a rendezvous with Mtneers in Pounding Mill, VA. Then tomorrow, they head out do do the Back of the Dragon, on the way to rendezvous with me in Blowing Rock, NC. Then we make our way down to Robbinsville, NC (Tail of the Dragon) for two nites/one full day of riding that area. Then on to Nashville, TN to sample some bar band music. Then down the Natchez Trace Parkway to Natchez MS - likely a two day ride. Then on to Birmingham, AL to meet up with MSCB1100 for a tour of the Barber Museum. Then, we head back to my place in WNC east of Asheville (likely via Chatanooga) for a farewell dinner.

So, fellow CB'ers, we'll expect to see you out in your lawn chairs in your front yards as we take our "Whispering Thunder" tour down your backroads throughout the Southeast!

Meanwhile, I've got to get back to packing, and preparing myself for the free bike wash that TS Elsa is likely to provide tomorrow! P.S. - I'm hoping that the rain won't wash off the horse liniment that I'll be using to numb my poor gluteus muscles!
I'm remembering that drencher that you, Razor, and me got caught in at the 2018 Berea Rally! :biker:
The 3 Amigos had filled up just before getting to my house, so they didn't need to stop at Buckeys, the largest chain c store I've ever been in which is at the I 20 exit in Leeds, AL for Barbers
The building is probably over 10,000 square feet and has over 100 gas pumps
 
Mscb1100_imp said:
Stichill_imp said:
Good, clean, wholesome, fine family fun! :thumbsup:

The ferret_imp said:
Fun. What is a Sheets Fried Sampler?

Safe travels KE
I think Sheetz is a convenience store with gas, or a gas station with food, or a restaurant with gas! Or all three! I've seen them in Virginia; they tend to have 16 or more pumps lol.

The A-man_imp said:
:rofl:

The A-man_imp said:
So, here's a little more info to "tickle" your interest. Kiowa Eagle is on his way for a rendezvous with Mtneers in Pounding Mill, VA. Then tomorrow, they head out do do the Back of the Dragon, on the way to rendezvous with me in Blowing Rock, NC. Then we make our way down to Robbinsville, NC (Tail of the Dragon) for two nites/one full day of riding that area. Then on to Nashville, TN to sample some bar band music. Then down the Natchez Trace Parkway to Natchez MS - likely a two day ride. Then on to Birmingham, AL to meet up with MSCB1100 for a tour of the Barber Museum. Then, we head back to my place in WNC east of Asheville (likely via Chatanooga) for a farewell dinner.

So, fellow CB'ers, we'll expect to see you out in your lawn chairs in your front yards as we take our "Whispering Thunder" tour down your backroads throughout the Southeast!

Meanwhile, I've got to get back to packing, and preparing myself for the free bike wash that TS Elsa is likely to provide tomorrow! P.S. - I'm hoping that the rain won't wash off the horse liniment that I'll be using to numb my poor gluteus muscles!
I'm remembering that drencher that you, Razor, and me got caught in at the 2018 Berea Rally! :biker:

I think [url=https://www.sheetz.com/food]Sheetz is a convenience store with gas, or a gas station with food, or a restaurant with gas! Or all three! I've seen them in Virginia; they tend to have 16 or more pumps lol.

The A-man_imp said:
:rofl:

The A-man_imp said:
So, here's a little more info to "tickle" your interest. Kiowa Eagle is on his way for a rendezvous with Mtneers in Pounding Mill, VA. Then tomorrow, they head out do do the Back of the Dragon, on the way to rendezvous with me in Blowing Rock, NC. Then we make our way down to Robbinsville, NC (Tail of the Dragon) for two nites/one full day of riding that area. Then on to Nashville, TN to sample some bar band music. Then down the Natchez Trace Parkway to Natchez MS - likely a two day ride. Then on to Birmingham, AL to meet up with MSCB1100 for a tour of the Barber Museum. Then, we head back to my place in WNC east of Asheville (likely via Chatanooga) for a farewell dinner.

So, fellow CB'ers, we'll expect to see you out in your lawn chairs in your front yards as we take our "Whispering Thunder" tour down your backroads throughout the Southeast!

Meanwhile, I've got to get back to packing, and preparing myself for the free bike wash that TS Elsa is likely to provide tomorrow! P.S. - I'm hoping that the rain won't wash off the horse liniment that I'll be using to numb my poor gluteus muscles!
I'm remembering that drencher that you, Razor, and me got caught in at the 2018 Berea Rally! :biker:
The 3 Amigos had filled up just before getting to my house, so they didn't need to stop at Buckeys, the largest chain c store I've ever been in which is at the I 20 exit in Leeds, AL for Barbers
The building is probably over 10,000 square feet and has over 100 gas pumps

Awesome! Texas culture über Alles!

 
Stichill_imp said:
Mscb1100_imp said:
Stichill_imp said:
Good, clean, wholesome, fine family fun! :thumbsup:

The ferret_imp said:
Fun. What is a Sheets Fried Sampler?

Safe travels KE
I think Sheetz is a convenience store with gas, or a gas station with food, or a restaurant with gas! Or all three! I've seen them in Virginia; they tend to have 16 or more pumps lol.

The A-man_imp said:
:rofl:

The A-man_imp said:
So, here's a little more info to "tickle" your interest. Kiowa Eagle is on his way for a rendezvous with Mtneers in Pounding Mill, VA. Then tomorrow, they head out do do the Back of the Dragon, on the way to rendezvous with me in Blowing Rock, NC. Then we make our way down to Robbinsville, NC (Tail of the Dragon) for two nites/one full day of riding that area. Then on to Nashville, TN to sample some bar band music. Then down the Natchez Trace Parkway to Natchez MS - likely a two day ride. Then on to Birmingham, AL to meet up with MSCB1100 for a tour of the Barber Museum. Then, we head back to my place in WNC east of Asheville (likely via Chatanooga) for a farewell dinner.

So, fellow CB'ers, we'll expect to see you out in your lawn chairs in your front yards as we take our "Whispering Thunder" tour down your backroads throughout the Southeast!

Meanwhile, I've got to get back to packing, and preparing myself for the free bike wash that TS Elsa is likely to provide tomorrow! P.S. - I'm hoping that the rain won't wash off the horse liniment that I'll be using to numb my poor gluteus muscles!
I'm remembering that drencher that you, Razor, and me got caught in at the 2018 Berea Rally! :biker:

I think [url=https://www.sheetz.com/food]Sheetz is a convenience store with gas, or a gas station with food, or a restaurant with gas! Or all three! I've seen them in Virginia; they tend to have 16 or more pumps lol.

The A-man_imp said:
:rofl:

The A-man_imp said:
So, here's a little more info to "tickle" your interest. Kiowa Eagle is on his way for a rendezvous with Mtneers in Pounding Mill, VA. Then tomorrow, they head out do do the Back of the Dragon, on the way to rendezvous with me in Blowing Rock, NC. Then we make our way down to Robbinsville, NC (Tail of the Dragon) for two nites/one full day of riding that area. Then on to Nashville, TN to sample some bar band music. Then down the Natchez Trace Parkway to Natchez MS - likely a two day ride. Then on to Birmingham, AL to meet up with MSCB1100 for a tour of the Barber Museum. Then, we head back to my place in WNC east of Asheville (likely via Chatanooga) for a farewell dinner.

So, fellow CB'ers, we'll expect to see you out in your lawn chairs in your front yards as we take our "Whispering Thunder" tour down your backroads throughout the Southeast!

Meanwhile, I've got to get back to packing, and preparing myself for the free bike wash that TS Elsa is likely to provide tomorrow! P.S. - I'm hoping that the rain won't wash off the horse liniment that I'll be using to numb my poor gluteus muscles!
I'm remembering that drencher that you, Razor, and me got caught in at the 2018 Berea Rally! :biker:
The 3 Amigos had filled up just before getting to my house, so they didn't need to stop at Buckeys, the largest chain c store I've ever been in which is at the I 20 exit in Leeds, AL for Barbers
The building is probably over 10,000 square feet and has over 100 gas pumps

Awesome! Texas culture über Alles!



Awesome! Texas culture über Alles!


Wow,!! It appears in addition to being a motorcycle design genius I discover "Smoking Japanese Dude" is also fluent in German:excited: Is there no end to his talent?
 
Thread starter
suhawk305_imp said:
Hey guys, I have been following your trip and enjoying your reports and pictures! It is great that your got together with mscb1100! Touring Barber is something I hope to do some day. Be safe.

Unfortunately, I have only one issue with a picture that I am struggling with. I need to consult The ferret, “Director of the CB1100 Forum Rally Group Photo Shoot”.

Ferret: take a look at the photo below. I am sure you will immediately notice that the Black CB1100 Standard front wheel is NOT positioned all the way to the left! This lack of action maybe be in defiance of proper forum group photo sessions protocol that is well established. We all know that our forum members in the photo are experienced CB1100 Rally attendees, and should know better! I suggest we need to identify the Black CB rider and get though to him how serious this is!

de521adc3ed2a5687a14fd972811ebe6.jpg


(Got a retort for this KE? :rofl::rofl:)
It was pointing at you damboy :P

Actually I had the wheel turned but Mtneers kept moving it back saying "I paid good money for those &/$#= pipes! They're gonna be in the @!%&* picture!"

I'm leading a ride up to Hawks Nest Saturday. Maybe you can join us for a bit?
 
KiowaEagle_imp said:
suhawk305_imp said:
Hey guys, I have been following your trip and enjoying your reports and pictures! It is great that your got together with mscb1100! Touring Barber is something I hope to do some day. Be safe.

Unfortunately, I have only one issue with a picture that I am struggling with. I need to consult The ferret, “Director of the CB1100 Forum Rally Group Photo Shoot”.

Ferret: take a look at the photo below. I am sure you will immediately notice that the Black CB1100 Standard front wheel is NOT positioned all the way to the left! This lack of action maybe be in defiance of proper forum group photo sessions protocol that is well established. We all know that our forum members in the photo are experienced CB1100 Rally attendees, and should know better! I suggest we need to identify the Black CB rider and get though to him how serious this is!

de521adc3ed2a5687a14fd972811ebe6.jpg


(Got a retort for this KE? :rofl::rofl:)
It was pointing at you damboy :P

Actually I had the wheel turned but Mtneers kept moving it back saying "I paid good money for those &/$#= pipes! They're gonna be in the @!%&* picture!"

I'm leading a ride up to Hawks Nest Saturday. Maybe you can join us for a bit?
It was pointing at you damboy

I'm leading a ride up to Hawks Nest Saturday. Maybe you can join us for a bit?
I’m interested, I’ll txt you this evening.
 
Thread starter
Suhawk met us at a little diner and after lunch joined us for part of the ride.

498cd919023f7d2aa05b823bbb7615e3.jpg


But I just want to point out something. You will note that in the corner are two CB’s. One has its wheel turned neatly but the other? Not so much….

25ec70da34747c20727cb5954ebb16c8.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
KiowaEagle_imp said:
Suhawk met us at a little diner and after lunch joined us for part of the ride.

498cd919023f7d2aa05b823bbb7615e3.jpg


But I just want to point out something. You will note that in the corner are two CB’s. One has its wheel turned neatly but the other? Not so much….

25ec70da34747c20727cb5954ebb16c8.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It was great seeing you and riding with you guys yesterday. We were lucky we had mostly free rein on the roads through Hawks Nest, and to and along Lake Wallenpaupack.

As far as your comment about me in the group photo, I'll address it in a modern way. That is, I will take the negative attention off of me and put it back on you. Obviously, you did not read the ferret's manual "Rules and Regulations for Photographing Motorcyclists Group Events" (2nd Ed., 2011).
The ferret's manual clearly specifies that all motorcycles shall be parked in one neat row, facing forward with the front wheel cocked all the way to the left. All motorcyclists shall be standing on the left side or their motorcycle. All CB1100 motorcycles will be parked together and any other motorcycle(s) will be parked at the end(s) of the group. Now look at the group picture above. Motorcycles are parked at random places in the diner's parking lot. The motorcyclists are not even standing by their bikes! You failed as a group motorcycle photo director.
:rofl::rofl:
 
Thread starter
suhawk305_imp said:
KiowaEagle_imp said:
Suhawk met us at a little diner and after lunch joined us for part of the ride.

498cd919023f7d2aa05b823bbb7615e3.jpg


But I just want to point out something. You will note that in the corner are two CB’s. One has its wheel turned neatly but the other? Not so much….

25ec70da34747c20727cb5954ebb16c8.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It was great seeing you and riding with you guys yesterday. We were lucky we had mostly free rein on the roads through Hawks Nest, and to and along Lake Wallenpaupack.

As far as your comment about me in the group photo, I'll address it in a modern way. That is, I will take the negative attention off of me and put it back on you. Obviously, you did not read the ferret's manual "Rules and Regulations for Photographing Motorcyclists Group Events" (2nd Ed., 2011).
The ferret's manual clearly specifies that all motorcycles shall be parked in one neat row, facing forward with the front wheel cocked all the way to the left. All motorcyclists shall be standing on the left side or their motorcycle. All CB1100 motorcycles will be parked together and any other motorcycle(s) will be parked at the end(s) of the group. Now look at the group picture above. Motorcycles are parked at random places in the diner's parking lot. The motorcyclists are not even standing by their bikes! You failed as a group motorcycle photo director.
:rofl::rofl:
Ha! You think I'd have a chance at herding those cats? I'm lucky to keep them all on the road at one time! :rofl::biker:

BTW You just appointed yourself photo director of the 2021 Eastern US Rally, congratulations! :P
 
KiowaEagle_imp said:
suhawk305_imp said:
KiowaEagle_imp said:
Suhawk met us at a little diner and after lunch joined us for part of the ride.

498cd919023f7d2aa05b823bbb7615e3.jpg


But I just want to point out something. You will note that in the corner are two CB’s. One has its wheel turned neatly but the other? Not so much….

25ec70da34747c20727cb5954ebb16c8.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It was great seeing you and riding with you guys yesterday. We were lucky we had mostly free rein on the roads through Hawks Nest, and to and along Lake Wallenpaupack.

As far as your comment about me in the group photo, I'll address it in a modern way. That is, I will take the negative attention off of me and put it back on you. Obviously, you did not read the ferret's manual "Rules and Regulations for Photographing Motorcyclists Group Events" (2nd Ed., 2011).
The ferret's manual clearly specifies that all motorcycles shall be parked in one neat row, facing forward with the front wheel cocked all the way to the left. All motorcyclists shall be standing on the left side or their motorcycle. All CB1100 motorcycles will be parked together and any other motorcycle(s) will be parked at the end(s) of the group. Now look at the group picture above. Motorcycles are parked at random places in the diner's parking lot. The motorcyclists are not even standing by their bikes! You failed as a group motorcycle photo director.
:rofl::rofl:
Ha! You think I'd have a chance at herding those cats? I'm lucky to keep them all on the road at one time! :rofl::biker:

BTW You just appointed yourself photo director of the 2021 Eastern US Rally, congratulations! :P
Ha! You think I'd have a chance at herding those cats? I'm lucky to keep them all on the road at one time! :rofl::biker:

BTW You just appointed yourself photo director of the 2021 Eastern US Rally, congratulations! :P
::rofl::rofl:
 
Back
Top