Back By Popular Demand - The Three Amigos Ride Again!

KiowaEagle_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
I started out last night leaving straight from work. I wanted to get a jump on my 500 mile ride to my rendezvous today in Pounding Mill, VA. I scooted down Rt1 for a bit and then headed west to avoid the mess that is the Baltimore/Washington area finally getting into Harpers Ferry a little after 9. I found some great twisties in Western Maryland, almost hit a deer and was passed on the right on a two lane road by a 1%. All in all not a bad start to the trip.

The night was capped off with some Blue Moons and the always delicious Sheetz fried sampler……mmmmm that’s good!

fb5160e0012681ebd47f0e180f4f2a89.jpg




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Fun. What is a Sheets Fried Sampler?

Safe travels KE
 
So, here's a little more info to "tickle" your interest. Kiowa Eagle is on his way for a rendezvous with Mtneers in Pounding Mill, VA. Then tomorrow, they head out do do the Back of the Dragon, on the way to rendezvous with me in Blowing Rock, NC. Then we make our way down to Robbinsville, NC (Tail of the Dragon) for two nites/one full day of riding that area. Then on to Nashville, TN to sample some bar band music. Then down the Natchez Trace Parkway to Natchez MS - likely a two day ride. Then on to Birmingham, AL to meet up with MSCB1100 for a tour of the Barber Museum. Then, we head back to my place in WNC east of Asheville (likely via Chatanooga) for a farewell dinner.

So, fellow CB'ers, we'll expect to see you out in your lawn chairs in your front yards as we take our "Whispering Thunder" tour down your backroads throughout the Southeast!

Meanwhile, I've got to get back to packing, and preparing myself for the free bike wash that TS Elsa is likely to provide tomorrow! P.S. - I'm hoping that the rain won't wash off the horse liniment that I'll be using to numb my poor gluteus muscles!
 
Natchez Trace is a great ride. A little slow for some and the northern half is a little better than the southern half imo. Either way I enjoyed it a lot. I'm sure you guys will too.

Sounds like a great time. Have fun, ride safe.
 
Good, clean, wholesome, fine family fun! :thumbsup:

The ferret_imp said:
Fun. What is a Sheets Fried Sampler?

Safe travels KE
I think Sheetz is a convenience store with gas, or a gas station with food, or a restaurant with gas! Or all three! I've seen them in Virginia; they tend to have 16 or more pumps lol.

The A-man_imp said:
:rofl:

The A-man_imp said:
So, here's a little more info to "tickle" your interest. Kiowa Eagle is on his way for a rendezvous with Mtneers in Pounding Mill, VA. Then tomorrow, they head out do do the Back of the Dragon, on the way to rendezvous with me in Blowing Rock, NC. Then we make our way down to Robbinsville, NC (Tail of the Dragon) for two nites/one full day of riding that area. Then on to Nashville, TN to sample some bar band music. Then down the Natchez Trace Parkway to Natchez MS - likely a two day ride. Then on to Birmingham, AL to meet up with MSCB1100 for a tour of the Barber Museum. Then, we head back to my place in WNC east of Asheville (likely via Chatanooga) for a farewell dinner.

So, fellow CB'ers, we'll expect to see you out in your lawn chairs in your front yards as we take our "Whispering Thunder" tour down your backroads throughout the Southeast!

Meanwhile, I've got to get back to packing, and preparing myself for the free bike wash that TS Elsa is likely to provide tomorrow! P.S. - I'm hoping that the rain won't wash off the horse liniment that I'll be using to numb my poor gluteus muscles!
I'm remembering that drencher that you, Razor, and me got caught in at the 2018 Berea Rally! :biker:
 
KiowaEagle_imp said:
I started out last night leaving straight from work. I wanted to get a jump on my 500 mile ride to my rendezvous today in Pounding Mill, VA. I scooted down Rt1 for a bit and then headed west to avoid the mess that is the Baltimore/Washington area finally getting into Harpers Ferry a little after 9. I found some great twisties in Western Maryland, almost hit a deer and was passed on the right on a two lane road by a 1%. All in all not a bad start to the trip.

The night was capped off with some Blue Moons and the always delicious Sheetz fried sampler……mmmmm that’s good!

fb5160e0012681ebd47f0e180f4f2a89.jpg




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks like a wild night.....:thumbsup:
:D
 
Yeah Stichill, I remember that soaker quite well. We three thought we were being so clever to stay behind, have another custard, and wait for the storms to peter out. Well, it turns out that two smaller squalls joined forces to create a wall of water between us and the hotel! At least I found out that I'd bought a good rainsuit. Also, first time that I'd ever heard Tornado Sirens going off! (Oh, and it turns out that the group that headed back early didn't get a drop of rain on them!)
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Fun. What is a Sheets Fried Sampler?

Safe travels KE

In this case chicken strips, poppers and cheese sticks. All with white cheese though so you may not like it.
feb57a2246ff6cf814322a9794ce4d34.png


Sheetz is a Pennsylvania convenience store chain. Wawa has the Philly area, Sheetz has the rest of the state. I was surprised to see them in both Virginia and West Virginia.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
suhawk305_imp said:
Which bike are you riding?
Have fun and be safe.

The CB Mike. Originally was going to be the wing but then this happened.

eda92d968981d262d2fa2ea611e2ec8a.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
^^..+1 ^^...and this is mine, with Givi top box and SW Motech side racks to accommodate EVO panniers + thousands of kms travelled

23aa7540655755842cb4bac1ee8f2f2f.jpg
 
The A-man_imp said:
Who says the CB1100 wasn't built for touring??

6ebe82090c059539084c780070052d9a.jpg


"...All my bags are packed, and I'm ready to go...."
Not many members say that - I don't think. Maybe just a couple.

However, for some riders it is a small frame.


BTW A-man: I think I like your forward foot pegs.
 
The A-man_imp said:
Who says the CB1100 wasn't built for touring??

6ebe82090c059539084c780070052d9a.jpg


"...All my bags are packed, and I'm ready to go...."
That would be Honda. :s I know your question is tongue and cheek but I think riding a couple of thousand miles with that pile on the back would be a slightly compromised ride no? Not my idea of fun but if it suits you that is all that matters.
 
The A-man_imp said:
Yeah Stichill, I remember that soaker quite well. We three thought we were being so clever to stay behind, have another custard, and wait for the storms to peter out. Well, it turns out that two smaller squalls joined forces to create a wall of water between us and the hotel! At least I found out that I'd bought a good rainsuit. Also, first time that I'd ever heard Tornado Sirens going off! (Oh, and it turns out that the group that headed back early didn't get a drop of rain on them!)

You mean this little “drizzle”?
f32039dce99b2cba5ce77497db1c0eac.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GoldOxide_imp said:
The A-man_imp said:
Who says the CB1100 wasn't built for touring??

6ebe82090c059539084c780070052d9a.jpg


"...All my bags are packed, and I'm ready to go...."
Not many members say that - I don't think. Maybe just a couple.

However, for some riders it is a small frame.


BTW A-man: I think I like your forward foot pegs.
Not many members say that - I don't think. Maybe just a couple.

However, for some riders it is a small frame.


BTW A-man: I think I like your forward foot pegs.

You can tour on whatever suits you….headed your way KiowaEagle and Amos…
bb7eaf72d1103394d951b1284b7775df.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
mtneers_imp said:
The A-man_imp said:
Yeah Stichill, I remember that soaker quite well. We three thought we were being so clever to stay behind, have another custard, and wait for the storms to peter out. Well, it turns out that two smaller squalls joined forces to create a wall of water between us and the hotel! At least I found out that I'd bought a good rainsuit. Also, first time that I'd ever heard Tornado Sirens going off! (Oh, and it turns out that the group that headed back early didn't get a drop of rain on them!)

You mean this little “drizzle”?
f32039dce99b2cba5ce77497db1c0eac.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GoldOxide_imp said:
The A-man_imp said:
Who says the CB1100 wasn't built for touring??

6ebe82090c059539084c780070052d9a.jpg


"...All my bags are packed, and I'm ready to go...."
Not many members say that - I don't think. Maybe just a couple.

However, for some riders it is a small frame.


BTW A-man: I think I like your forward foot pegs.
Not many members say that - I don't think. Maybe just a couple.

However, for some riders it is a small frame.


BTW A-man: I think I like your forward foot pegs.

You can tour on whatever suits you….headed your way KiowaEagle and Amos…
bb7eaf72d1103394d951b1284b7775df.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That looks exciting, maybe less so for the CB riders? Is that an Africa Twin? They must have been excited.
 
Back
Top