Awesome day

Thanks for sharing Ferret. I am getting antsy. Very good pictures.

When are you doing your first oil change?
 
Thread starter
gary_imp said:
Thanks for sharing Ferret. I am getting antsy. Very good pictures.

When are you doing your first oil change?
Actually I had planned on doing oil only (no filter) at 200, but I passed that up today by 88 miles, so I'm thinking maybe oil only this weekend, and then oil and filter at 600 as called for.

TINK_imp said:
Any first impressions on the 13 vs 14?
TINK
Gosh both great bikes. I'm really loving this 14 and I used 6th more today on anything over 60 mph. The 6th is really a nice addition. I appreciate it more than I ever thought I would. You can really feel the difference in rpms when you shift from 5th to 6th.

I also really like the instrumentation, and I posted a separate thread on that that which I think is worth reading.
 
Great pictures (including one of the RIGHT side :) ). And those bright spotless headers look fanastic. I bet you don't miss the brown pipes and the liver spots.

I'm glad to hear 6th gear makes that much of a difference. Two thumbs up to Honda for improving an already great bike.

Hope you have decent weather this weekend and can do another report. I can't get enough of those pictures......especially of the left side!
 
Great report and pics, Ferret!! Been to Ripley - a historic town with Rankin House - a station on the Underground Railroad.
 
Nice pics, Ferret. Thanks for posting. I do like the symmetry of this new bike a lot. It's visually an odd thing to do to unbalance it by shoving the exhaust on one side. I'm pleased you're getting decent weather to ride in after a long and difficult winter.
 
Thread starter
um..its like 3200 at 70 in 6th.... 3700 in 5th somewhere around there. not sure at 60..under 3000 in 6th I think
 
Thread starter
pw363_imp said:
While in ripely I trust you stopped at rockin' Robyn's for some ice cream...
Rockin Robins closed up last fall. Used to eat there often. My son took his girl friend on their first date there, then took her back and proposed to her there. They've been martied 3 years now and have the 19 month old that i watch every Friday.

avsbezzy_imp said:
Beautiful pics, what is that tail bag?
:thumbsup:
It's a Cortech bag. Today it carried my thermos of hot tea, my light weight gloves, an Ohio state map, and would have carried my sweatshirt if it got warm enough for me to take off, but it didn't.
 
Rockin Robins closed up last fall. Used to eat there often. My son took his girl friend on their first date there, then took her back and proposed to her there. They've been martied 3 years now and have the 19 month old that i watch every Friday.

Sorry to hear about Rockin' Robyn's. My girls loved to go there and I loved to take them.
db7a8cade0f9e75c60fdbb5cddd01be7.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I finally got my DLX yesterday. Having ridden a Goldwing for over 20 years and having had a CB750 back in mid 70s so far my impression of this 1100 is this:
Gorgeous. Smooth. Nimble. Quick. FUN!!!
It feels like I remember the 750. Sounds similar too, if maybe a little bit more quiet.
Gearbox maybe not as smooth as the Wing.
And guys, I really love this bike!!!!:banana::celebrate:
 
Back
Top