AWD Motorcycles

Jim21680_imp

Been there
Thread starter
While looking for a place to eat lunch over the weekend in Philly, I unexpectedly walked by a bike shop that I had never seen before...an orange & black dirt bike had caught my eye through the window. At first I was thinking a new KTM dealership had come to town, but not quite.

"Christini AWD Motorcycles" was printed on the side. How cool is that?! Being the Sunday after Christmas, the shop was closed, but I snapped a pic with my phone for further research. As I looked into them, it's pretty clever stuff.

Main Home - Christini AWD Adventure Vehicles

There was a thread about the Rokon a few years ago, but this is quite different...for the most part, it looks like a completely normal design.
I'm glad to see the company is doing well, and proud that the bikes are built right here in Philadelphia.
 
Jim21680_imp said:
This one's only RWD, but there's something else peculiar...
Rise of the Machines: Yamaha Creates Motorcycle-Riding Robot

Still, I'm not sure where this research is heading. Why??
This thing could be cool in that it's really the ultimate tester for bike development or testing between brands. It basically takes all the human consistency problems out of testing and in a way makes it much more scientific.

They claim that it will be able to beat Rossi around a track soon.
 
Back
Top