Avoiding Corona Virus

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
3bca537714ab8fc909d166041e0879e2.jpg
 
I call it CR-V19, and just wiped my keyboard with Clorox, after reading your post....lol
Everybody stay in good and strong health.
:)
 
Thanks, but too sick to ride. Hope it’s just a cold or flu...
 
I had the same thought about the mc: all bundled up, had to be one of the safer activities of the day. Only got to ride about 25 miles on the KLR--as soon as I get going a few miles a freak snow shower begins to fall, and soon it's just crazy chunks of white nearly blowing sideways! Didn't last too long, but fun to ride in...nothing was sticking on the streets.
 
Thanks, Gold. First morning back to the office after a week on the couch. Not feeling 100% yet, but going stir crazy, and work is stacking up in my shop.

Someone just put a sign that says "UNCLEAN" on my office door.

Raining anyway, so I can't ride, might as well go to work.
 
I’m practicing the two things you can do that are known at this point to be the most effective measures a person can do. Social distancing and washing my hands frequently. That being said it was a nice breezy and brisk day in northern Utah so I put on all the gear and knocked out about 80 miles just tooling along a couple of mt valley roads. Traffic was light and I came back home refreshed and didn’t turn in the TV all day long to get a respite from the madness. Might do the same after work today and retrace my route.
 
(+2) Frulk.

My workplace just issued the "don't come in" order. The situation is almost changing by the minute in Ontario province. Significantly less cages on the highways and freeways. This is great for riders! However, I have also noticed that there is an uptick in tractor trailer activity - which I am going to say for now is a good thing in terms of economic commerce.
 
Remember the good old days when bikers were social "out casts " , at least we did not get sick from being close to "normal " people …..
 
My wife is now suggesting that I communicate with my coworkers by means of a white board and erasable marker...
 
I practiced social distancing on the CB for 300+ miles last week, except for a stop to eat at a Subway in Kimball, NE. I almost made the distancing work there too, but got closer than 6 feet apart when I paid for the 6" sub.
 
Thread starter
well this thread started as somewhat of a joke, but apparently the situation is getting quite serious. praying that we get thru this soon, that no one we know becomes affected, and that things return to normal in short order.
 
My wife had a very mild flu/cold like symptoms without any fever or respiratory problem. Thursday and Friday, she stayed at home. Since she is a health care provider and due to new CR-V19 policy that kicked in on Saturday, she already went through a Sunday's test at special facility behind the hospital where she works.
She was told to stay at home (no special insolation) until test results are ready, which we're expecting within next 1-2 days from today.
I dropped her off, so she asked about me......since I have no flu/cold like symptoms/fever, no test needed, and I can do whatever I want.
Let you know soon.
 
PB: Let's hope she is negative. If not, then you will be presumptive.

I know people waiting for their test results in the next day or so.

= = =

This global ordeal will be a wake-up call for all humanity regarding our animal behaviour, level of greed, hubris, and how fragile our entire modern eco-system really is.
 
The ferret_imp said:
well this thread started as somewhat of a joke, but apparently the situation is getting quite serious. praying that we get thru this soon, that no one we know becomes affected, and that things return to normal in short order.
I actually didn't take your post as a joke, but rather mc riding does seem to me a pretty safe activity to do in the midst of all this. I can't go to movie theater, I think bowling alleys are still open but who know for how long. Restaurants closing for sit down meals. I'm supposed to teach (Spanish) the next 10 weeks online...and I don't like staying inside my house all day. So the MC and exercise is going to be what I go to.
 
Back
Top