Average CB1100 Rider Age

[/QUOTE] I lurked there a bunch as well and only made a few posts. I have the feeling that I'm an "old" guy over there, and a "young" guy over here. There are things to be learned in both places.
[/QUOTE]

I think your in a good period of your life to make the right choices to find your "bike" groove. If I could start something over again it may just be that. Not that I have any regrets of my Bike choices, I'm just better off financially to realize them.
 
27. Rode a Honda Shadow 600 for a few years.I always have liked the utility, simplicity of standard bikes. The Nighthawk was my dream bike before I even rode motorcycle. When the CB1100 came out I was immediately in love, got one last fall. It's even more awesome this spring than I remember it! Had a long winter to dream of riding.
 
This thread is a bit long so after 3-4 pages I cut through to the last page.
I think it's wonderful to see the spread of ages who love the CB - especially the older crowd.
I like the retro bikes and love my Triumph Bonneville T100. The CB wasn't available here until 2013, but my dealer only got two and they were sold within hours. Neither made it to the showroom floor.
But with the six-speed, ABS and an improved digital display, I'm rather glad I didn't get one last year. Also, the 2013 colour was white and that's not a colour I like much. The 2014 is a winner all the way around.
I'm 76 years-old and just bought the 2014 Canadian blue model - all that's available here. No deluxe model for us. The market is too small I guess :-/
Our spring weather has been cold and wet so I haven't had much opportunity to exercise the CB yet, but what little riding I've done has shown me that I made a great decision :thumbsup:
 
Where are you over there Rock? Halifax maybe? I'm sure a trip to Maine would have yielded 2 more CB1100 choices for you (if you can do that). I was just out to Bar Harbor last year via Quebec city via St. Mary's Ontario from Wisconsin. Love your area.
 
You're a bloody legend, Rocky. I'm looking forward to riding at 76. Looking forward to the CB still going then too.

Hope you get some excellent riding weather soon to confirm the wisdom of your choice.
 
Appears I'm right down the center @ 47. A long time Vespa and 2-stroke / blue smoke enthusiast, I am drawn to the CB because I can't imagine myself on another motorcycle. I love my Vespa - which my friend called a "lady bike" so I named her "Lady." I will not part with Lady and she will share the garage with a yet-to-be-named CB when it arrives. It gives me a lot of pleasure reading these posts and reinforces my fondness for the CB family.
 
The ferret_imp said:
I don't know how CoyoteJim can get such good mileage and how Dbuster can get such bad mileage. That's nearly a 40 mpg spread on the same bike although I think Jim must be calculating incorrectly. The best I heard before Jim was 60 mpg and most seem to be getting in the low to mid 50's.
Coyote Jim could not believe 80+ miles per gallon. So he put his glasses on and came up with 85 Kilometers per gallon. THis is more like 56MPG.
At78 years of age, I should be allowed some mistakes. I knew 80+ had to bee wrong so by putting on my glasse and looking at the bottom of the odometer I sasw km in fine print. Problem solved.
 
Not to worry Jim, NASA lost a Mars probe due to imperial to metric conversion. So you are not alone. Could happen to anyone. But I'll bet there are some guys out there trying to beat that mpg.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Elipten_imp said:
Not to worry Jim, NASA lost a Mars probe due to imperial to metric conversion. So you are not alone. Could happen to anyone. But I'll bet there are some guys out there trying to beat that mpg.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
And there I was, flat out on the tank with a Wiley Coyote (NOT Coyote Jim) fan strapped to my back. Now he tells me :)

Cheers
 
MFGUSA_imp said:
Where are you over there Rock? Halifax maybe? I'm sure a trip to Maine would have yielded 2 more CB1100 choices for you (if you can do that). I was just out to Bar Harbor last year via Quebec city via St. Mary's Ontario from Wisconsin. Love your area.
Yes, I'm in Halifax.
The northeast of the USA and Canada is a great area for motorcycling. Stay away from the cities and there's lots of rural wide open spaces and back roads.
I love riding in New England. The first time I rode from Halifax to Boston was in 1957 on board a BSA Golden Flash. I've been back a few times since, but riding modern Honda's.
Cormanus_imp said:
You're a bloody legend, Rocky. I'm looking forward to riding at 76. Looking forward to the CB still going then too.

Hope you get some excellent riding weather soon to confirm the wisdom of your choice.
Hardly a legend, but thanks for the thought :thanks:
To have excellent health and act more like 36 at this age is worth all the gold in the world.
I was impressed to read that one rider here is 78 :thumbsup::thumbsup:
I had the pleasure of spending three weeks up and down the east coast of Australia back in January and had the time of my life. It was a family vacation so no motorcycles were involved.
It was 40C when we were in Melbourne which is bloody hot for us Canadians with Eskimo blood :D
 
Rocky_imp said:
MFGUSA_imp said:
Where are you over there Rock? Halifax maybe? I'm sure a trip to Maine would have yielded 2 more CB1100 choices for you (if you can do that). I was just out to Bar Harbor last year via Quebec city via St. Mary's Ontario from Wisconsin. Love your area.
Yes, I'm in Halifax.
The northeast of the USA and Canada is a great area for motorcycling. Stay away from the cities and there's lots of rural wide open spaces and back roads.
I love riding in New England. The first time I rode from Halifax to Boston was in 1957 on board a BSA Golden Flash. I've been back a few times since, but riding modern Honda's.
Cormanus_imp said:
You're a bloody legend, Rocky. I'm looking forward to riding at 76. Looking forward to the CB still going then too.

Hope you get some excellent riding weather soon to confirm the wisdom of your choice.
Hardly a legend, but thanks for the thought :thanks:
To have excellent health and act more like 36 at this age is worth all the gold in the world.
I was impressed to read that one rider here is 78 :thumbsup::thumbsup:
I had the pleasure of spending three weeks up and down the east coast of Australia back in January and had the time of my life. It was a family vacation so no motorcycles were involved.
It was 40C when we were in Melbourne which is bloody hot for us Canadians with Eskimo blood :D
That's ridiculously hot for most of Australians too, mate. It got to 45° here this year and it was really miserable.

I reminds me of the story of the baby polar bear who asked his father whether he was all polar bear or had some other type of bear genes as well. His father pointed out that only his mother could really answer the question. So he asked his mother who assured him he was 100% polar bear. She then asked "Why are you asking?" He said "I want to know why I'm so f*cking cold!"
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Rocky_imp said:
MFGUSA_imp said:
Where are you over there Rock? Halifax maybe? I'm sure a trip to Maine would have yielded 2 more CB1100 choices for you (if you can do that). I was just out to Bar Harbor last year via Quebec city via St. Mary's Ontario from Wisconsin. Love your area.
Yes, I'm in Halifax.
The northeast of the USA and Canada is a great area for motorcycling. Stay away from the cities and there's lots of rural wide open spaces and back roads.
I love riding in New England. The first time I rode from Halifax to Boston was in 1957 on board a BSA Golden Flash. I've been back a few times since, but riding modern Honda's.
Cormanus_imp said:
You're a bloody legend, Rocky. I'm looking forward to riding at 76. Looking forward to the CB still going then too.

Hope you get some excellent riding weather soon to confirm the wisdom of your choice.
Hardly a legend, but thanks for the thought :thanks:
To have excellent health and act more like 36 at this age is worth all the gold in the world.
I was impressed to read that one rider here is 78 :thumbsup::thumbsup:
I had the pleasure of spending three weeks up and down the east coast of Australia back in January and had the time of my life. It was a family vacation so no motorcycles were involved.
It was 40C when we were in Melbourne which is bloody hot for us Canadians with Eskimo blood :D
That's ridiculously hot for most of Australians too, mate. It got to 45° here this year and it was really miserable.

I reminds me of the story of the baby polar bear who asked his father whether he was all polar bear or had some other type of bear genes as well. His father pointed out that only his mother could really answer the question. So he asked his mother who assured him he was 100% polar bear. She then asked "Why are you asking?" He said "I want to know why I'm so f*cking cold!"
That's ridiculously hot for most of Australians too, mate. It got to 45° here this year and it was really miserable.

I reminds me of the story of the baby polar bear who asked his father whether he was all polar bear or had some other type of bear genes as well. His father pointed out that only his mother could really answer the question. So he asked his mother who assured him he was 100% polar bear. She then asked "Why are you asking?" He said "I want to know why I'm so f*cking cold!" Wow, that's really hot!!!!
One afternoon in Melbourne it hit 41C and that was the hottest I have ever felt. But at least it wasn't humid.
Here on the coastal north Atlantic ocean where I live, 30C(86F) is a very hot day - although it does get a little hotter in the interior away from the ocean breezes.
We have lots of winding coastal roads so that's where I do most of my riding.
 
Coyote Jim_imp said:
I am 78 and enjoying my 2013 cb1100. I have other bikes some of which are more powerful, but the CB 1100 does the job for me. I wanted to comment on the MPGs that my bike is getting, riding an average of 60 miles per hour except when passing. I am getting around 80 MPG. How does that compare to others on the forum? my e- maill address is coyotecrk2@aol.com.
Change the 80 MPG to 85 Kilometers per gallon. If it seems too good to be true, It isn't. Being 78 years old, I forgot to put on my glasses before I read the odometer. It read km not miles. I am still averaging 55 to 56 MPG
 
Rocky_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Rocky_imp said:
MFGUSA_imp said:
Where are you over there Rock? Halifax maybe? I'm sure a trip to Maine would have yielded 2 more CB1100 choices for you (if you can do that). I was just out to Bar Harbor last year via Quebec city via St. Mary's Ontario from Wisconsin. Love your area.
Yes, I'm in Halifax.
The northeast of the USA and Canada is a great area for motorcycling. Stay away from the cities and there's lots of rural wide open spaces and back roads.
I love riding in New England. The first time I rode from Halifax to Boston was in 1957 on board a BSA Golden Flash. I've been back a few times since, but riding modern Honda's.
Cormanus_imp said:
You're a bloody legend, Rocky. I'm looking forward to riding at 76. Looking forward to the CB still going then too.

Hope you get some excellent riding weather soon to confirm the wisdom of your choice.
Hardly a legend, but thanks for the thought :thanks:
To have excellent health and act more like 36 at this age is worth all the gold in the world.
I was impressed to read that one rider here is 78 :thumbsup::thumbsup:
I had the pleasure of spending three weeks up and down the east coast of Australia back in January and had the time of my life. It was a family vacation so no motorcycles were involved.
It was 40C when we were in Melbourne which is bloody hot for us Canadians with Eskimo blood :D
That's ridiculously hot for most of Australians too, mate. It got to 45° here this year and it was really miserable.

I reminds me of the story of the baby polar bear who asked his father whether he was all polar bear or had some other type of bear genes as well. His father pointed out that only his mother could really answer the question. So he asked his mother who assured him he was 100% polar bear. She then asked "Why are you asking?" He said "I want to know why I'm so f*cking cold!"
That's ridiculously hot for most of Australians too, mate. It got to 45° here this year and it was really miserable.

I reminds me of the story of the baby polar bear who asked his father whether he was all polar bear or had some other type of bear genes as well. His father pointed out that only his mother could really answer the question. So he asked his mother who assured him he was 100% polar bear. She then asked "Why are you asking?" He said "I want to know why I'm so f*cking cold!" Wow, that's really hot!!!!
One afternoon in Melbourne it hit 41C and that was the hottest I have ever felt. But at least it wasn't humid.
Here on the coastal north Atlantic ocean where I live, 30C(86F) is a very hot day - although it does get a little hotter in the interior away from the ocean breezes.
We have lots of winding coastal roads so that's where I do most of my riding.
I was in Sydney in January 2013 when it recorded its hottest ever temperature. It reached 45.8. My wife and I were driving my son's car into Sydney from the south At around the lowest point in one of the tunnels the thermometer in his car said it was 51°C outside. I would not like to be riding in that.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Rocky_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Rocky_imp said:
MFGUSA_imp said:
Where are you over there Rock? Halifax maybe? I'm sure a trip to Maine would have yielded 2 more CB1100 choices for you (if you can do that). I was just out to Bar Harbor last year via Quebec city via St. Mary's Ontario from Wisconsin. Love your area.
Yes, I'm in Halifax.
The northeast of the USA and Canada is a great area for motorcycling. Stay away from the cities and there's lots of rural wide open spaces and back roads.
I love riding in New England. The first time I rode from Halifax to Boston was in 1957 on board a BSA Golden Flash. I've been back a few times since, but riding modern Honda's.
Cormanus_imp said:
You're a bloody legend, Rocky. I'm looking forward to riding at 76. Looking forward to the CB still going then too.

Hope you get some excellent riding weather soon to confirm the wisdom of your choice.
Hardly a legend, but thanks for the thought :thanks:
To have excellent health and act more like 36 at this age is worth all the gold in the world.
I was impressed to read that one rider here is 78 :thumbsup::thumbsup:
I had the pleasure of spending three weeks up and down the east coast of Australia back in January and had the time of my life. It was a family vacation so no motorcycles were involved.
It was 40C when we were in Melbourne which is bloody hot for us Canadians with Eskimo blood :D
That's ridiculously hot for most of Australians too, mate. It got to 45° here this year and it was really miserable.

I reminds me of the story of the baby polar bear who asked his father whether he was all polar bear or had some other type of bear genes as well. His father pointed out that only his mother could really answer the question. So he asked his mother who assured him he was 100% polar bear. She then asked "Why are you asking?" He said "I want to know why I'm so f*cking cold!"
That's ridiculously hot for most of Australians too, mate. It got to 45° here this year and it was really miserable.

I reminds me of the story of the baby polar bear who asked his father whether he was all polar bear or had some other type of bear genes as well. His father pointed out that only his mother could really answer the question. So he asked his mother who assured him he was 100% polar bear. She then asked "Why are you asking?" He said "I want to know why I'm so f*cking cold!" Wow, that's really hot!!!!
One afternoon in Melbourne it hit 41C and that was the hottest I have ever felt. But at least it wasn't humid.
Here on the coastal north Atlantic ocean where I live, 30C(86F) is a very hot day - although it does get a little hotter in the interior away from the ocean breezes.
We have lots of winding coastal roads so that's where I do most of my riding.
I was in Sydney in January 2013 when it recorded its hottest ever temperature. It reached 45.8. My wife and I were driving my son's car into Sydney from the south At around the lowest point in one of the tunnels the thermometer in his car said it was 51°C outside. I would not like to be riding in that.
I was in Sydney in January 2013 when it recorded its hottest ever temperature. It reached 45.8. My wife and I were driving my son's car into Sydney from the south At around the lowest point in one of the tunnels the thermometer in his car said it was 51°C outside. I would not like to be riding in that.
No neither would I, that sounds very hot! Very hot indeed!
 
28 here. I think the bike has amazing lines, and with the retro chic thing being popular (for example triumph's resurgence) , I'm surprised there are not more younger riders. Especially with how smooth and enjoyable it is to ride.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
 
I don't ride in the heat of the day either unless I'm on a road trip and need to get going.
If we get a hot spell it's usually with humidity too so it's very uncomfortable and I either ride in the early morning or the evening. I prefer early mornings as an excuse for a breakfast run and be home before the heat hits.
 
Back
Top