Autumn Crops in Kentucky

Stichill

Road warrior
Thread starter
Just a quick scene from how Kentucky looks at this time of year. This is along KY 1132 in Grant County. This tract of fertile farmland lies along the flood plain of Eagle Creek.

Visible in this photo is tobacco (foreground), corn (far upper right) and soybean (far upper left). The road ahead is barely visible on the right.

ca98e707a9e6268448183ce567af55da.jpg
 
Nice, around here the soy beans look like a 2 foot tall carpet and just tonight on our ride my wife mentioned how tall the corn was. We don't see much tobacco in this county but we see it in counties to the east.
 
Everything is a bit behind here because of the late snow melt, cool and wet summer. I did notice some of the maple trees near the St, Lawrence River starting to shown their fall colours.
 
Thread starter
We've been having late September/early October weather...can already see some trees turning color like black walnut.
 
Ohio soybeans from tonight's ride

9d3f3e65f3c1d5d963885ba01b96c4c4.jpg
 
Yep and I'm amazed they all seem to grow to the exact same height. LIke I said it looks like a green carpet.
 
Back
Top