Arrow Slip-On Thoughts

le_penseur_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Hey all, I am thinking of getting the Arrow Slip-on for my '17 EX because it looks the most stock and sounds good without the db killer without having to swap the headers. However, I am little hesitant because I feel as though it may not be worth the cash for the little improvement in sound/loudness. I'd like to hear my bike when I have ear plugs in.

Any thoughts on this or for those who have bought it, was it worth it?
 
My 2017EX has the Arrow slip-ons, which look great, are a little throatier sounding, and a little lighter. It doesn't fully justify the $800 expense for me, but I could always sell the stock mufflers and maybe recoup most of the expense. All in all, I would recommend them, with expense the only drawback.
 
Thread starter
pekingduck_imp said:
My 2017EX has the Arrow slip-ons, which look great, are a little throatier sounding, and a little lighter. It doesn't fully justify the $800 expense for me, but I could always sell the stock mufflers and maybe recoup most of the expense. All in all, I would recommend them, with expense the only drawback.
Thank you, I think that's logical. I would probably do the same.
 
I love my Arrow slip-on. It's got a great sound with or without the db killer (I mainly go without) and you can't beat the look in my opinion. Similar to stock but much smaller like stock should be.
 
Thread starter
You guys have convinced me! I ordered it, but looks like Arrow is on vacation till the 20th. :( Hopefully will get it sometime in September.
 
le_penseur_imp said:
You guys have convinced me! I ordered it, but looks like Arrow is on vacation till the 20th. :( Hopefully will get it sometime in September.
Ah yes, they are from Italy, in August basically the whole country goes on vacation.

You should shop around different online stores, maybe someone has one in stock so you wouldn't have to wait

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
Are Arrow exhaust getting dirty as quickly as the stack one? I'm so tire of polishing the stack exhaust, it gets dirty the same evening I clean it,
 
curated_imp said:
Is the Arrow lettering on the slip ons a sticker that can be removed?
It is not a sticker, it was silk-screened (painted) on. It would likely come off with solvent and fine steel wool.

 
I'd like a different sound for my RS but I can't find any in the UK. I've emailed most of the aftermarket exhaust stockists but none have anything. Arrow are expensive but I'm not sure about the import tax.
 
Jonnyteabag_imp said:
Mixagon_imp said:
I'd like a different sound for my RS but I can't find any in the UK. I've emailed most of the aftermarket exhaust stockists but none have anything. Arrow are expensive but I'm not sure about the import tax.
Have you seen these? ...Last set left at this price
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/124510882311?hash=item1cfd6d4a07:g:rlMAAOSwiItf8F-2

JT
Have you seen these? ...Last set left at this price
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/124510882311?hash=item1cfd6d4a07:g:rlMAAOSwiItf8F-2

JT
Sweet lookin'!

 
Thanks for that suggestion, I did see the same listing weeks ago with only one left which I feel is a little suspect because delivery is up to 28 days so I think he has none in stock and is going to order from Spain otherwise it should be next day delivery. I don't like sellers who sell things they havn't got in stock.
Also I'm not keen on the brushed finish I think its harder to keep clean than a shiny finish. The removable baffle needs a rivet to be drilled out to remove so putting it back in could be difficult if the hole gets widened.
I'll message the seller and ask some questions.
Sorry just looked again and to remove the baffle it says (drill out the spot weld ) so to re insert I guess a rivet is the only option.
 
pekingduck_imp said:
My 2017EX has the Arrow slip-ons, which look great, are a little throatier sounding, and a little lighter. It doesn't fully justify the $800 expense for me, but I could always sell the stock mufflers and maybe recoup most of the expense. All in all, I would recommend them, with expense the only drawback.
Not a good idea. You won’t sell them for a lot of money, however if you decide to sell your bike it will most definitely make it less attractive.

I’d suggest to keep stock exhaust and sell your arrow for a much bigger price, after you decide to sell your bike.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Jonnyteabag_imp said:
Mixagon_imp said:
I'd like a different sound for my RS but I can't find any in the UK. I've emailed most of the aftermarket exhaust stockists but none have anything. Arrow are expensive but I'm not sure about the import tax.
Have you seen these? ...Last set left at this price
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/124510882311?hash=item1cfd6d4a07:g:rlMAAOSwiItf8F-2

JT
Have you seen these? ...Last set left at this price
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/124510882311?hash=item1cfd6d4a07:g:rlMAAOSwiItf8F-2

JT
Sweet lookin'!
Have you seen these? ...Last set left at this price
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/124510882311?hash=item1cfd6d4a07:g:rlMAAOSwiItf8F-2

JT
Sweet lookin'!
Just had a reply from the seller to be told the centre stand needs to be removed to fit these and no aftermarket exhaust will fit without centre stand removal.
I prefer to keep my centre stand so will have to stick with the stock sound.
 
Mixagon_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Jonnyteabag_imp said:
Mixagon_imp said:
I'd like a different sound for my RS but I can't find any in the UK. I've emailed most of the aftermarket exhaust stockists but none have anything. Arrow are expensive but I'm not sure about the import tax.
Have you seen these? ...Last set left at this price
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/124510882311?hash=item1cfd6d4a07:g:rlMAAOSwiItf8F-2

JT
Have you seen these? ...Last set left at this price
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/124510882311?hash=item1cfd6d4a07:g:rlMAAOSwiItf8F-2

JT
Sweet lookin'!
Have you seen these? ...Last set left at this price
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/124510882311?hash=item1cfd6d4a07:g:rlMAAOSwiItf8F-2

JT
Sweet lookin'!
Just had a reply from the seller to be told the centre stand needs to be removed to fit these and no aftermarket exhaust will fit without centre stand removal.
I prefer to keep my centre stand so will have to stick with the stock sound.
Have you seen these? ...Last set left at this price
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/124510882311?hash=item1cfd6d4a07:g:rlMAAOSwiItf8F-2

JT
Sweet lookin'!
Just had a reply from the seller to be told the centre stand needs to be removed to fit these and no aftermarket exhaust will fit without centre stand removal.
I prefer to keep my centre stand so will have to stick with the stock sound.
The seller's reply is odd, in that they are a pair on slip-on mufflers and not a complete system. Both the stock mufflers and the Arrows slip-on remove easily without center stand removal. I can't understand how the IXILs would be different in installation.

On the other hand, IXIL's "ironhead" branding on the mufflers is not very flattering, whether it describes the engine or the operator. :-/
 
Mixagon_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Jonnyteabag_imp said:
Mixagon_imp said:
I'd like a different sound for my RS but I can't find any in the UK. I've emailed most of the aftermarket exhaust stockists but none have anything. Arrow are expensive but I'm not sure about the import tax.
Have you seen these? ...Last set left at this price
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/124510882311?hash=item1cfd6d4a07:g:rlMAAOSwiItf8F-2

JT
Have you seen these? ...Last set left at this price
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/124510882311?hash=item1cfd6d4a07:g:rlMAAOSwiItf8F-2

JT
Sweet lookin'!
Have you seen these? ...Last set left at this price
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/124510882311?hash=item1cfd6d4a07:g:rlMAAOSwiItf8F-2

JT
Sweet lookin'!
Just had a reply from the seller to be told the centre stand needs to be removed to fit these and no aftermarket exhaust will fit without centre stand removal.
I prefer to keep my centre stand so will have to stick with the stock sound.
I don’t think with arrow you need to remove a central stand. Look at the official pictures, it’s still there
679a1a57ec3a4941fc8942f612fc6ce9.jpg
 
Back
Top