Are the black standards attracting younger riders?

Hard to say since I didn't have a choice when I bought my Red 2013 but the black would have been VERY tempting. I'm 39. I have grown to love the red though and have never even considered trading it for the black.
 
The DLX was always hard to find, most dealers seem to have a STD in stock, when I ordered my DLX in feb 14 the dealer told me he had a
STD on the way but would only get a DLX on request. I never understood why:dodgy:
 
canyonwlf7_imp said:
The Red is quite simply amazing, I wouldn't even consider black personally
Funny. My thoughts were, if I had to get the red, I would, but I sure hoped I could find a black standard. The only thing that would have given me pause was if a black DLX was available. The addition of ABS and extra fuel capacity would be hard to pass up. Then again, I prefer the look of the smaller tank and single pipe.

Oh, and the answer is "yes."
 
metallyguitarded_imp said:
DGShannon_imp said:
canyonwlf7_imp said:
The Red is quite simply amazing, I wouldn't even consider black personally
Same here. Black was on the floor, next to my red, when I purchased. No contest.
Same here. Black was on the floor, next to my red, when I purchased. No contest.
Your tires are ugly.
Same here. Black was on the floor, next to my red, when I purchased. No contest.
Your tires are ugly.
Yeah, but you don't notice it due to the glaring beauty of the red!
 
Black is the color of my true love.
No, I'm kidding, but my CB is black
and I like it this way.

Okay, I'm not a youngster anymore.

In Germany people love black cars.
Don't know their preferred color of motorbikes.
But there aren't so many young riders, cause they like smart-
and iphones and other lifestyle equipment more, than
to gain the expensive ability of owning and riding a motorcycle.
Maybe time will change again, then I could answer the question.

Wisedrum
 
Your tires are ugly.


Yeah, but you don't notice it due to the glaring beauty of the red!



Darn it.


BAZINGA! Set, Match, Game goes to DG Shannon
 
gossman_imp said:
Your tires are ugly.


Yeah, but you don't notice it due to the glaring beauty of the red!



Darn it.


BAZINGA! Set, Match, Game goes to DG Shannon
Thanks for the recap gossman. Geeze. Going to take my ugly black CB for a beautiful ride up the coast! San Diego weather is a perfect 72 degrees.
 
Geez MG. You gave that one away too easily. Both those statements can't be true. If you don't notice that the tyres are ugly because of the alleged beauty of the red, how come you did? Seems to me, DGShannon conceded the point when he said 'Yeah'. I'd have scored it 15 love in your favour.

Now go and have a nice ride on your beautify black CB1100 and don't let on to the rest of this mob that they're actually faster than the mid-life-crisis red ones.
 
Thread starter
15 love? What kind of score is that? 3 to 2 is a score. 14 to 7 is a score.
 
Tennis, Ferret, after gossman's back-to-front 'set, match, game'.
 
Thread starter
Ahhh gotcha. never did understand tennis.
 
I love the blacked out look, but the red on the DLX is so rich and beautiful. If the DLX was available in black it would have been a toss-up. In the end, for me, the availability of ABS, dual pipes and a 6th gear sold me on the DLX. I'm going to be adding some silver racing stripes soon, too, so that should change it up a bit.
 
Back
Top