Anyone using the Kaoko throttle control?

Tev62_imp said:
My throttle lock is called an R1250GS.
a69b69f5b07eec407d9513369747adce.png


2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
 
I have a Kaoko on my Concours and I like it for what it is. One good thing about it is it's easy to make fine adjustments once you set it. So you don't have to keep releasing it and resetting it.
 
Tev62_imp said:
My throttle lock is called an R1250GS.
The throttle lock is EXPENSIVE but at least they throw in a motorcycle :P
 
KiowaEagle_imp said:
I have a Kaoko on my Concours and I like it for what it is. One good thing about it is it's easy to make fine adjustments once you set it. So you don't have to keep releasing it and resetting it.
(+1) Agreed.
 
I added a brakeaway to mine. Looks better than expected and seems to work well so far. Won't know for sure until my upcoming long ride. I do like that it cancels when you grab the brakes
 
Tev62_imp said:
My throttle lock is called an R1250GS.
You seem to have too much money to feel entirely comfortable in this forum ?! :angel:

If I read this thread right (??) Kaoko and other, similar devices are not necessary all the same quality. Could this explain away the differences seen in user happiness?
 
I believe Kaoko offerings are professionally engineered and machined devices.

However, like people are different, throttle lock approaches are different. In addition, people feel more comfortable with one implementation versus another.

I have met people who could not adjust (no "pun" intended) to the Kaoko. Others, rave about its convenience. Like tires, saddles, and engine oil.
 
I had real cruise on my FJR. No throttle locks seem good enough anymore. I tried a GO-Cruise on my CB and it worked "ok-ish" on long perfectly flat straights ...sorta.
 
I like the [real] cruise control on the Moto Guzzi V85TT. It seems to just work.

The only thing I somewhat dislike is I think they should have reversed the status LED on the instrumentation cluster. Instead of flashing when cruise control is [enabled+not engaged], and solid not flashing when [enabled+engaged], I would like these to swap behaviour.

But the Kaoko I find okay too as a throttle lock.
 
The Gecko_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
I’d be interested in a report on the knock-off if anyone gets one.
Changed my mind, and ordered it on Thursday. So your report is coming soon ;)
Changed my mind, and ordered it on Thursday. So your report is coming soon ;) I'll be on standby Gecko, if you like it ill get one from aliexpress also lol

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
 
It's not called Kaoko, but a noname brand from China. Anyway it arrived today and installation was done in 2 minutes. In the garage it works better than expected. Why ? I had concerns that it might block the throttle if not adjusted carefully (with obvious consequences). But it doesn't. A few half turns backwards, and the throttle doesn't return into idle position, but at the slightest movement of your fingers throttle and control wheel do return. Good enough, safe enough. So far I like it better than the plastic tongue I tried last year.

pic1 shows the package contents (none is needed for the CB other than the control nob). It is best mounted with the original screw, and a supplied rubber ring.


pic2 shows the two "weights" side by side, they do not match in size as you can see, but the weight is similar. So that should be taken care of.


pic3 shows the mounted controller (not my best shot I know). Don't worry about the size, at this angle and distance it looks enormous. That why I added pic2. The color doesn't confront me - didn't want to wait for red (from China). And I can always go back to the beautiful silver original in under 2 minutes.


Will be 2-3 days before I get a chance to ride with it and tell you more. :rolleyes:
 
The Gecko_imp said:
It's not called Kaoko, but a noname brand from China. Anyway it arrived today and installation was done in 2 minutes. In the garage it works better than expected. Why ? I had concerns that it might block the throttle if not adjusted carefully (with obvious consequences). But it doesn't. A few half turns backwards, and the throttle doesn't return into idle position, but at the slightest movement of your fingers throttle and control wheel do return. Good enough, safe enough. So far I like it better than the plastic tongue I tried last year.

pic1 shows the package contents (none is needed for the CB other than the control nob). It is best mounted with the original screw, and a supplied rubber ring.


pic2 shows the two "weights" side by side, they do not match in size as you can see, but the weight is similar. So that should be taken care of.


pic3 shows the mounted controller (not my best shot I know). Don't worry about the size, at this angle and distance it looks enormous. That why I added pic2. The color doesn't confront me - didn't want to wait for red (from China). And I can always go back to the beautiful silver original in under 2 minutes.


Will be 2-3 days before I get a chance to ride with it and tell you more. :rolleyes:
Awesome, let us know how it works after some riding please!

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
 
The Gecko_imp said:
It's not called Kaoko, but a noname brand from China. Anyway it arrived today and installation was done in 2 minutes. In the garage it works better than expected. Why ? I had concerns that it might block the throttle if not adjusted carefully (with obvious consequences). But it doesn't. A few half turns backwards, and the throttle doesn't return into idle position, but at the slightest movement of your fingers throttle and control wheel do return. Good enough, safe enough. So far I like it better than the plastic tongue I tried last year.

pic1 shows the package contents (none is needed for the CB other than the control nob). It is best mounted with the original screw, and a supplied rubber ring.


pic2 shows the two "weights" side by side, they do not match in size as you can see, but the weight is similar. So that should be taken care of.


pic3 shows the mounted controller (not my best shot I know). Don't worry about the size, at this angle and distance it looks enormous. That why I added pic2. The color doesn't confront me - didn't want to wait for red (from China). And I can always go back to the beautiful silver original in under 2 minutes.


Will be 2-3 days before I get a chance to ride with it and tell you more. :rolleyes:
Please post up a link to where you got it for those interested
 
The ferret_imp said:
The Gecko_imp said:
It's not called Kaoko, but a noname brand from China. Anyway it arrived today and installation was done in 2 minutes. In the garage it works better than expected. Why ? I had concerns that it might block the throttle if not adjusted carefully (with obvious consequences). But it doesn't. A few half turns backwards, and the throttle doesn't return into idle position, but at the slightest movement of your fingers throttle and control wheel do return. Good enough, safe enough. So far I like it better than the plastic tongue I tried last year.

pic1 shows the package contents (none is needed for the CB other than the control nob). It is best mounted with the original screw, and a supplied rubber ring.


pic2 shows the two "weights" side by side, they do not match in size as you can see, but the weight is similar. So that should be taken care of.


pic3 shows the mounted controller (not my best shot I know). Don't worry about the size, at this angle and distance it looks enormous. That why I added pic2. The color doesn't confront me - didn't want to wait for red (from China). And I can always go back to the beautiful silver original in under 2 minutes.


Will be 2-3 days before I get a chance to ride with it and tell you more. :rolleyes:
Please post up a link to where you got it for those interested
Please post up a link to where you got it for those interested It looked like the one I posted above from Aliexpress but I could be wrong

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
 
That looks different to me compared to the one you posted in post 15
 
Back
Top