Anyone remember the 1994 cb1000?

Brookland27_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I was meandering around on CL this morning and saw one for sale. Kind of high mileage for the asking price but man is it cool. Just not a model i was familiar with and thought it looked like a mix between a 919 (which i've always wanted) and our cb1100. I don't think i've ever seen one and being a honda of course makes me want it. deep breath ... don't buy more motorcycles.....retain marital happiness,.....

http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/honda/honda_cb1000fr_big_1 93.htm

http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/mcy/5270760751.html
 
Not only high mileage, but rough around the edges too. I bet he had it stored for years, dirty, and just washed the painted bits and took the photos. The chain guard, trans cover and rear bits look terrible. Like moisture got to them.
 
I knew I'd seen one of those on this very forum and recently at that. New-ish member RogertheShrubber has one—see here.
 
It's a neat bike... IMHO, the one you posted a link to is about $500 overpriced unless it has recently had every fluid changed, new tires and it's carbs cleaned. With some patience, you can find a GSX1100G or a big Bandit for $2800 that is in great condition.
 
I bet it has low production numbers. Like our CB1100. The pics are not high quality. If it was near me I would at least go take a look. If nothing else a good reason to take a ride. Just sayin...
Also it is the wrong time of the year to sell a bike. The price might be negotiable.
 
Had one and enjoyed it until a slight crash on the Blue Ridge Parkway--- traded what was left for a CBR 1100 Blackbird which I loved and managed to keep upright
 
I still ride one and in a lot of ways I consider it superior to my CB1100 ABS and Deluxe models. I built mine as a magazine project back in the day, and there's a lot of upgrades and mods on it, like the CBR six speed transmission , cylinder head, cams, and ECU. It's definitely a keeper considering the money I've invested in it.

 
Although I have two CB1100s, I just bought a new 2014 black standard CB in the crate for a custom superbike project. Less than $8000 out the door, so I couldn't resist.

It's gonna look similar to my 20 year older CB1000SF when I'm done with it, but there's absolutely nothing in common between it and the older CB, aside from two wheels and the Honda logos on the tank.

One thing for certain, that old CB1000 "Big One" as it was called, is a HUGE bike. Almost 61 inches between the axles, it's also tall and heavy... about 580lbs. My new black 2014 CB1100 disappears in it's shadow. Yet somehow it's easier to lift off the stand, and it feels lighter at parking lot speeds. You sort of sit "in" it, which keeps the mass centralized and makes it more responsive and easier to ride. An awesome bike which only saw two years of lackluster sales in the USA, while it continued on and grew into the CB1300SF in other parts of the world to this day.
 
Wow! You might be the first member to be the owner of three CBs. Well done Roger.

Interesting comments on the CB1000. As I looked at it, I was thinking it reminded me of the CB1300. Then I read on and whaddayaknow?

Photos of the conversion process would be very exciting.
 
This bike looks very similar to the CB1300 which has been available in Europe for ages, and available new until as recently as 2013. I don't think it has been selling very high numbers as it was HUGE, really heavy, and with terrible mileage. It's a good looking bike, but after the CB11, the back just looks wrong to me, and the engine nowhere near as classy as our air cooled one.



On a slightly off topic note: that CL ad, it really amazes me how terrible pictures people can use for their adverts. Everything is wrong about those three pictures, terrible angles, dirty bike, clutter everywhere, including a huge rubbish bin for chrissakes... Same as bad spelling, to me it just says something about the owner that would put me off even checking the bike...
 
The CB1300SF was an evolutionary change from the CB1000SF it grew out of, and you can see some of those changes in the bike's cylinder head with its narrower valve angles and slightly smaller dimensions. Still a very big bike. It was a newer design, modernized with fuel injection and ABS, borrowing elements from European models like the X11, among others.

That said, I'd like to get one stateside, along with a Yamaha XJR1300, and perhaps the Suzuki GSX1400 for good measure. Importing them is troublesome because of DOT and EPA non compliance, but it can be done. I have connections.
 
Back
Top