Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
That wasn't the first time they did that. The '82 FT500 Ascot was a four valve 500cc thumper with the same configuration.jedd_imp said:I noticed that, after Ferret mentioned that it's a thumper, i said what the???. two pipes! Thats Freakin' cool as can be.
Capo,that's a gorgeous toy you have there, you lucky guy. such a
luxury to own a classic beauty w/ only 500 miles.
jedd_imp said:
.LongRanger_imp said:I occasionally see them on eBay for $6000-$7000. Really cool bike, ahead of its time for a retro IMO. White Bros made a big bore kit for these, which helped performance. I periodically toy with buying one, but haven't. Carburetors are a bit of a non-starter for me anymore.
That's a big deal at your altitude. Manufacturers used to sell jet kits to retrofit carbs that lived above around 5k ft. CV carbs could compensate a little better than the old slide carbs, but neither compares to fuel injection.LongRanger_imp said:Not so much fear as reality. I live at 8000' and frequently ride at 10,000 - 12,000'. Fuel injection seems to handle the higher elevations better than carbs. I sold a perfectly good, carbureted SV650 because it struggled with the elevation.