Anyone know what CB stands for?

Happy new riding season!
CB means cross beam. CBR is cross beam racer.
Check it on Motorcycle Name Abbreviations Explained
It is also one of the quiz test questions if you do the Honda certified sales courses.
It is -10c today and 16 inches of snow, can not wait for spring to ride again, many be on a new crf1000l African twin or if Yamaha will please bring the mt-10 to Canada. hard to chose.
But I really would like the crf1000l dct. I will not sell my great cb1100, this bike is so me!
 
Thread starter
Tom CUX_imp said:
Moini:hello:

CB stands for "Cylinder Bank"

It's the designation for the shape of the engine

Look at VFR or VT = V Form Cylinders

or CX = Cylinders like an X


Have a nice day
T:cool:M


a motorcyle engine should have oil in it, not water......
Mitsuyoshi Kohama (Constructor CB1100)
What about the CBX?
 
Day one of the New Year, warmed up to -12 today but blue blue sky's not a cloud, got to enjoy the Canadian seasons. Makes old bikes new again.
cbx =cross beam 1000 cc. cb =inline motor cross beam one to six cylinders left to right or right to left depends if you are lefty or a righty.
Paulb does England get the mt-10 Yamaha?
I did hear that one will be at the Vancouver B.C. bike Show in January.
got to go this year.
 
Thread starter
rusty1_imp said:
Day one of the New Year, warmed up to -12 today but blue blue sky's not a cloud, got to enjoy the Canadian seasons. Makes old bikes new again.
cbx =cross beam 1000 cc. cb =inline motor cross beam one to six cylinders left to right or right to left depends if you are lefty or a righty.
Paulb does England get the mt-10 Yamaha?
I did hear that one will be at the Vancouver B.C. bike Show in January.
got to go this year.
Yes, the Yamaha MT10 is on its way and all the magazines are already raving about it. Loads of torque, excellent handling and comfortable enough for touring, what more could you ask for? I think it is going to set a standard that other manufacturers will envy.
 
rusty1_imp said:
Day one of the New Year, warmed up to -12 today but blue blue sky's not a cloud, got to enjoy the Canadian seasons. Makes old bikes new again.
cbx =cross beam 1000 cc. cb =inline motor cross beam one to six cylinders left to right or right to left depends if you are lefty or a righty.
Paulb does England get the mt-10 Yamaha?
I did hear that one will be at the Vancouver B.C. bike Show in January.
got to go this year.
I believe you're correct - "cross beam"
 
I honestly don't know, Elipten. I read that some certified Honda sales rep stating that question was part of some test he was subjected to.

Whether fact or otherwise, unknown.
 
Moini:hello:

@ Paulb
What about the CBX?

the third or fourth letter is independently from the motorconcept
(in most cases:D)
in a few cases it describe the concept of the bike, but it won't follow a rule,
sometimes it stands alone like CBX =one and only 6 cylinder bike
Look at CBR= for Road; RR=Road Race ;T= for Twin.........

I think it's one of these japanese mystery we will never got an idea:rolleyes:

But what's about a HD VRSCDX???

Is Milwaukee infiltrated by japanese ideas??

Best regards from northern germany
T:cool:M
 
Back
Top