Anyone in Georgia want a 2013 ABS

You don't have to put them on, LR.
 
LR, two words--washing machine. :excited:
 
I had one dealer tell me that his bike for sale had rear ABS, which we all know isn't true and he admitted that some people don't call it "real ABS". How can I tell, such as on a bike like this with lousy photos, that it really has ABS? Should I ask for a pic of the instrument panel with the ignition on but the engine not running, so that the light is on?
 
Thread starter
Ask the salesman for a photo of the rear of the front fender. There should be a hose running from one side of the wheel to the other.

There's also a pulser ring attached to the inside of one of the brake disks, but I'm not sure whether it would be visible in a photo.

Okay, go here and look at the 3rd photo down. You can see the smaller pulser ring.

2014 Honda CB1100 Deluxe | Long-Term Review | Rider Magazine
 
Look for the ring on the front wheel. Alternatively ask for a photo of the dash key-on-engine-off. The dash lights up the ABS light for a certain time or until you go over a certain speed when you first turn it on.
 
On the 2013 models, the 8th digit of the VIN will also tell the tale. If it's a "1" that's non-ABS. If it's a "5", it's an ABS model.
 
I did email the seller, and he was kind enough to send me pics of the ABS light as well as the front wheel. I honestly could not see the pulser ring at all where it should be, but the ABS light was surely present. I found another '13 (no ABS) locally though, so that's where I'm headed. If I were closer to this guy in GA, I'd go for it though.
 
Back
Top