Anyone good with photoshop?

You know... I never noticed them. Here is a picture of a 'brand new' 1969 CB750 Sandcast taken last year at the Barber Motorsports Museum in Birmingham, Alabama. And look what's on the end of the levers...

51edb9bcd420552b75fe21ae68f2f382.jpg



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You know... I never noticed them. Here is a picture of a 'brand new Sandcast 69 CB750 taken last year at the Barber Motorsports Museum in
Birmingham, Alabama. And look what's on the end of the levers...




Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Why is Tapatalk 'doubling' everything??? :dodgy:
 
Rest assured that our man ferret is on top of things. I've considered the little rubber lever end covers quite a few times now. However, I'm just not sure that I'm truly ready to go full on retro — so I keep putting off the purchase for another day. Obviously, it's a big commitment to be considered carefully before diving in with both feet (hands?, mechanics?)!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Guth_imp said:
Rest assured that our man ferret is on top of things. I've considered the little rubber lever end covers quite a few times now. However, I'm just not sure that I'm truly ready to go full on retro — so I keep putting off the purchase for another day. Obviously, it's a big commitment to be considered carefully before diving in with both feet (hands?, mechanics?)!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea, it's not something you want to jump into willy-nilly. It takes a commitment to Honda's history, and this motorcycle's ancestry. If you are not willing to make the commitment, and trust in your heart, nay, your very soul, that it is the right thing to do, maybe you should just ride around with naked balls, like so many that are unaware of the history and the significance of this marquee and this motorcycle.

(Y'all know I'm just being funny right?)
 
Thread starter
OH MAN YOU'RE GOOD! Love it. Actually the chrome guage covers look pretty good, something I really wouldn't have considered, but will now.

Oh this is going to cost me.

Thanks howlindaug! :beerchug: owe you one
 
The ferret_imp said:
OH MAN YOU'RE GOOD! Love it. Actually the chrome guage covers look pretty good, something I really wouldn't have considered, but will now.

Oh this is going to cost me.

Thanks howlindaug! :beerchug: owe you one
Ferret, You're welcome, but keep in mind, I'm pulling these things out of the air only as an approximation of what they might really look like. For example, the gauge covers are modeled after a 2013, so the 14's might look a lot different.

Now if I can just get a paying job doing this :thumbsup:
 
Thread starter
Which grab rail David? I haven't seen one that looks like the later models much, ( don't think the originals had grab rails that I recall) but yea a grab rail might help complete the look, if you can find the right one.
 
I saw one somewhere that I thought looks closer to the late models, but I don't remember, I think it was a vendor's site. I will have to think about it and get back with you.

I don't think the original CB750 had one, but I'm thinking that either some subsequent models had them, or perhaps they were just a popular accessory. Maybe my '70s Kawasaki heritage is fogging my memory as well. I think they look good though, particularly on a bike that has no tail piece.
It's one of those symmetry things I guess. : )
Check this out, was it stock on the CB350F? Or an accessory?

http://www.tanshanomi.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Honda-CB350F-73.jpg
It's not a CB750 thing, but it might be a CB thing.
 
Thread starter
I think the originals had a chrome handle for lifting the bike onto the center stand and the turn signals were on little black plates bolted on. Somewhere around 73 or 74 I think Honda incorporated the grab rail with the turn signals mounted to it, but the grab rails were very low behind the back seat basically wrapping up and over the fender. I need to do some research.

here's a 69 no grab rail



here's a 74 with grab rail

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/cb750grabrail_zpsfa6f8980.jpg.html]
 
Yeah, OK, later models had a grab rail, that's right. Now I know why I always liked them better, it was the grab rail. Never realized that till just now. Wow. : )

Guess I need to get one for mine too......

You are so right about that symmetry stuff. The grab rail just sort of balances the rear of the bike. (Still like 4-1 pipes though).
 
Thread starter
Also notice in 69 they had the color matched headlight bucket, by 74 they had gone to a black bucket

The 69 had color matched fork ears, the 74's were chrome

Our tail light more closely resembles the 74's

Also notice both models have the little rubber ball end covers. Lol

I can't decide which I like better #3 or #4 with the difference being the chrome instrument covers. Both models above have chrome instrument cups.
 
Thread starter
Sent the pics to my brother.. he picked #3
 
The ferret_imp said:
Also notice in 69 they had the color matched headlight bucket, by 74 they had gone to a black bucket

The 69 had color matched fork ears, the 74's were chrome

Our tail light more closely resembles the 74's

Also notice both models have the little rubber ball end covers. Lol

I can't decide which I like better #3 or #4 with the difference being the chrome instrument covers. Both models above have chrome instrument cups.
Maybe you should envision #2 with chrome instrument cups? With the red bucket and fork ears, #2 is actually closer to the '69 than the others. If the '69 model floats your boat, that might be what you are seeking. Just a thought.
 
Back
Top