Anybody running the Samurider low bars?

Griso Guy_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I like the Road Comet on my 2014 DLX. But I think I would like to install the low bars from Samurider. Anyone have any input on these?
 
I have the Honda Type 2 bars, bought from Samurider. Best single mod I've made. More comfortable and better front end feel. Three thumbs up.
 
Thread starter
Capo_imp said:
I have the Honda Type 2 bars, bought from Samurider. Best single mod I've made. More comfortable and better front end feel. Three thumbs up.
Thanks Capo, I am ordering a set.
 
yep, same, they are about 1.5" lower and 1" narrower, I prefer them over stock. did someone mention that the holes for the controls don't line up on the 2014's?
 
Capo_imp said:
I have the Honda Type 2 bars, bought from Samurider. Best single mod I've made. More comfortable and better front end feel. Three thumbs up.
Where did you get the third thumb?
 
[/QUOTE]

Where did you get the third thumb?
[/QUOTE]

It's a long story, Cormanus, and it's not That kind of forum....
 

Where did you get the third thumb?
[/QUOTE]

It's a long story, Cormanus, and it's not That kind of forum....
[/QUOTE]

LOL
 
I have the Honda type 2 bars. I found the fact that they are narrower to be a bit strange at first, but overall I love them. I found the older bars forced me to sit too upright, which is hard on my back.
 
HikerToo_imp said:
yep, same, they are about 1.5" lower and 1" narrower, I prefer them over stock. did someone mention that the holes for the controls don't line up on the 2014's?
I'm curious about this, too. Samurider says "Fits: 2013 CB1100 *drilling is needed for the 2014 CB1100"

Have any of you installed these on the 2014 and, if so, what kind of drilling was actually required?
 
Some bits that go on the handlebar (master cylinder, mirror and lever holders) have indexing pins. These pins need matching holes. On my XR650 I think I ground the pins off.
 
And for those who can't drill into a tube, Webike has a handlebar drilling guide that clamps on the bar. Is about 25 bucks I believe it was.
 
Setchman_imp said:
HikerToo_imp said:
yep, same, they are about 1.5" lower and 1" narrower, I prefer them over stock. did someone mention that the holes for the controls don't line up on the 2014's?
I'm curious about this, too. Samurider says "Fits: 2013 CB1100 *drilling is needed for the 2014 CB1100"

Have any of you installed these on the 2014 and, if so, what kind of drilling was actually required?
I'm curious about this, too. Samurider says "Fits: 2013 CB1100 *drilling is needed for the 2014 CB1100"

Have any of you installed these on the 2014 and, if so, what kind of drilling was actually required?
Drilling required on 14' dlx . Make sure you measure
twice...
The brake hoses are a little under stress because of the
Bend necessary. Throttle cable is tight on right hand
U-turns. Throttle cables rerouted with comet 1.
Position is great.
If you have Dlx big tank b we careful not to damage your tank with the control switches. Push the bars forward before final adjustment.
 
Defo recommend the type 2 bars, front end needed more weight on it and these helped. Look better and more comfy too...

I'd make the effort to drill them. If you grind off the blobs you'll regret it.

Kev
 
Back
Top