Any suggestions on shorter aftermarket shock?

FLYTYM_imp

Been there
Thread starter
I plan on lowering the back of this bike a lot and need some shock suggestions,I believe the stock length is 340MM correct?
 
This thread, first post, mentions using Triumph shocks. How to lower your CB1100 On the second page of the thread lowering links and a source are mentioned.

I think a few members have used the Triumph shocks but I didn’t feel like reading all the search results :)
 
Might be worth working out the ideal length of shock you need and asking a manufacturer what they have that will fit our bikes. Hagon in the uk have been very helpful to me and I know they have an outlet in Cali. Could save you a lot of sucking and seeing...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
FLYTYM_imp said:
I plan on lowering the back of this bike a lot and need some shock suggestions,I believe the stock length is 340MM correct?
A good damper/suspension expert might be able to shorten the original damper rods and provide matching springs.
 
FLYTYM_imp said:
I plan on lowering the back of this bike a lot and need some shock suggestions,I believe the stock length is 340MM correct?
I just emailed you about some ICON 7610
FLYTYM_imp said:
I plan on lowering the back of this bike a lot and need some shock suggestions,I believe the stock length is 340MM correct?
I just emailed you about some ICON 7610
 
Stock 2013 CB1100 shocks are 360mm eye-to-eye length. There's no shortage of used 340mm long Bonneville (pre-2016) shocks out there. I've actually used them on several other bikes with fine results. I've bought them for as little as $30/pair.

The lower rubber bushing on the CB1100 is a larger ID than the top as I recall, and that's not normal so you may have to swap some bushings around.

I have a pair of 365mm Triumph Thruxton (pre-2016) shocks on my 2004 Bonnie and they improve the Bonnie's handling markedly. I might try them on the CB1100.

It would be difficult to take the stock shocks apart because there should be a jam nut above the rubber bumper, all covered by the shroud.
 
Thread starter
Desert viper_imp said:
FLYTYM_imp said:
I plan on lowering the back of this bike a lot and need some shock suggestions,I believe the stock length is 340MM correct?
I just emailed you about some ICON 7610
FLYTYM_imp said:
I plan on lowering the back of this bike a lot and need some shock suggestions,I believe the stock length is 340MM correct?
I just emailed you about some ICON 7610
I just emailed you about some ICON 7610
FLYTYM_imp said:
I plan on lowering the back of this bike a lot and need some shock suggestions,I believe the stock length is 340MM correct?
I just emailed you about some ICON 7610 No email received.
 
FLYTYM_imp said:
Desert viper_imp said:
FLYTYM_imp said:
I plan on lowering the back of this bike a lot and need some shock suggestions,I believe the stock length is 340MM correct?
I just emailed you about some ICON 7610
FLYTYM_imp said:
I plan on lowering the back of this bike a lot and need some shock suggestions,I believe the stock length is 340MM correct?
I just emailed you about some ICON 7610
I just emailed you about some ICON 7610
FLYTYM_imp said:
I plan on lowering the back of this bike a lot and need some shock suggestions,I believe the stock length is 340MM correct?
I just emailed you about some ICON 7610 No email received.
I just emailed you about some ICON 7610
FLYTYM_imp said:
I plan on lowering the back of this bike a lot and need some shock suggestions,I believe the stock length is 340MM correct?
I just emailed you about some ICON 7610 No email received. pm sent to you.
 
Back
Top