Any reason to think this rack wouldn't fit a US CB?

Hi....there are 3 different racks available from SAMURIDER.com depending on your year CB1100...2010-2016 Standard 08L42-MGC-000 $174 chrome and $164 black.....2014 deluxe uses 08L70-MGC-N40 $214 chrome.....send Takashi an email for approximate shipping costs
 
I bought my rack and Honda Top box from Samurider and they fit my 13 just fine. This was 5 years ago now, so I couldn't tell you exactly what he sent me as far as the rack goes.
 
For whatever this is worth, my experience in ordering the racks for my 2014 CB1100 Standards. Keep in mind I didn’t notice which CB1100 you have.
This picture is from the Honda Motorsports Accessories website I printed during 2016.
9eaf67ebdfa8edbaf6c2ce20ab7a69b6.jpg


It APPEARS the racks with the ending part numbers A20 and A40 are the same. However, rack A40 came with extra spacer parts to adapt the rack to the Deluxe model. So the question is, if part number A20 fits both the 2013 and 2014 Standard models, why wouldn’t the A40 rack fit the 2013 model?
 
Suhawk, isn’t there a frame angle difference on the Deluxe?
 
Popgun, I don’t think so in my cases. I bought a A20 for my 1st 2014 CB1100 Standard. Then I bought a A40 (A20 was no longer available) for my 2nd CB1100 Standard. If you look at the installation instructions, you will see parts 6 & 7, stays, are for the Deluxe only. And the provided collars, part 10, are for the Standard only. The A20 package did not come with the stays. It appears these differences will conform the fit of the rack.
http://cdn.powersports.honda.com/documentum/MW01/08L70-MGC-A40.pdf

Maybe there a previous or aftermarket versions that are unique to its application.
 
For the US market, the bolt spacing on each side is the same on both 2013 and both 2014 standard and Deluxe models. The original rack 08L42-MGC-000 (or 020) was a low profile one that had the rack platform almost an inch below the 2013/2014 standard's seat height.

The 08L42-MGC-040 replaces the earlier 020 rack, and also has the same bolt spacing, fits all 2013/2014 models including Deluxe. The rack platform sits higher to better align with the taller seat of the Deluxe.

The 2017 rack, 08L42-MGC-AA0 fits ONLY that model, because the bolt spacing is about an inch wider. And no, that 2017 grab rail will not bolt up to earlier models either.

 
pekingduck_imp said:
For the US market, the bolt spacing on each side is the same on both 2013 and both 2014 standard and Deluxe models. The original rack 08L42-MGC-000 (or 020) was a low profile one that had the rack platform almost an inch below the 2013/2014 standard's seat height.

The 08L42-MGC-040 replaces the earlier 020 rack, and also has the same bolt spacing, fits all 2013/2014 models including Deluxe. The rack platform sits higher to better align with the taller seat of the Deluxe.

The 2017 rack, 08L42-MGC-AA0 fits ONLY that model, because the bolt spacing is about an inch wider. And no, that 2017 grab rail will not bolt up to earlier models either.
Interesting, my 1st CB purchase agreement listed a A20 rack, which they installed. Pictures of that CB shows the rack and seat height the same. It is possible that when dealer ordered my CB and rack, the A20 was not available and I ended up with a 040. (When I realized how easy it was to install the rack, I installed the rack on my 2nd CB.)
Thanks for clarifying this discussion.
However,
 
Back
Top