Any NT700V "Deauville" owners?

Scotty_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I think one or two of you have had a Deauville. I've been looking at adding an ST1300 to my garage, but the lighter weight, shaft drive, and wind protection of the NT700V have got me thinking too.
Thank you,
Scotty
Oh, and I don't plan on doing much 2-up riding (unfortunately).
 
I owned a 2010 NT700 and it was a great bike! I also had a ST1300 and it too was a great bike. I liked the NT better because it was so much lighter. I rode my NT to Dead Horse Alaska and back with 0 problems. Very comfortable bike and reliable. You can read my trip to Alaska on Then Came Bronson, Welcome to the Long Lonesome Highway
click on Tom's bike in Bronson garage and at the top you will see the link. Sometimes I wish I still had that bike!
 
Nice report Tom. So did you make it to the Keys too?
 
Thread starter
TCBronson_imp said:
I owned a 2010 NT700 and it was a great bike! I also had a ST1300 and it too was a great bike. I liked the NT better because it was so much lighter. I rode my NT to Dead Horse Alaska and back with 0 problems. Very comfortable bike and reliable. You can read my trip to Alaska on Then Came Bronson, Welcome to the Long Lonesome Highway
click on Tom's bike in Bronson garage and at the top you will see the link. Sometimes I wish I still had that bike!
Thank you! A follow up question: online reviews do mention the 5 speed tranny as short on gears. How do you find the bike at 70-80mph speeds in terms of gearing?

(And this comes from a guy with a 5 speed CB1100! Lol.)
 
Scotty, stick with 5 speeds. You can count the shifts on the fingers of one hand which I find makes life so much easier.
 
What? Like that bloke in The Princess Bride? Inconceivable!

I guess if you're blessed like that you could have one with 6 gears.
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
Scotty, stick with 5 speeds. You can count the shifts on the fingers of one hand which I find makes life so much easier.
Yeah, plus the extra wear on my left boot!
 
There’s always one.

I liked your report a lot TCBronson. Thanks.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Nice report Tom. So did you make it to the Keys too?

Yes I did and that ride report is in the same location on Then Came Bronson, Welcome to the Long Lonesome Highway

Tom's bike
Scotty_imp said:
TCBronson_imp said:
I owned a 2010 NT700 and it was a great bike! I also had a ST1300 and it too was a great bike. I liked the NT better because it was so much lighter. I rode my NT to Dead Horse Alaska and back with 0 problems. Very comfortable bike and reliable. You can read my trip to Alaska on Then Came Bronson, Welcome to the Long Lonesome Highway
click on Tom's bike in Bronson garage and at the top you will see the link. Sometimes I wish I still had that bike!
Thank you! A follow up question: online reviews do mention the 5 speed tranny as short on gears. How do you find the bike at 70-80mph speeds in terms of gearing?

(And this comes from a guy with a 5 speed CB1100! Lol.)
Thank you! A follow up question: online reviews do mention the 5 speed tranny as short on gears. How do you find the bike at 70-80mph speeds in terms of gearing?

(And this comes from a guy with a 5 speed CB1100! Lol.)
I had no problems keeping up with traffic. Most of my riding was back roads but you can cruise on the interstate when needed with out issues.

I could get 200 miles to a tank on the back roads. My best was 245 in Alaska running at a slower pace of course.
Cormanus_imp said:
There’s always one.

I liked your report a lot TCBronson. Thanks.
Thanks!
 
Back
Top