Anti-theft systems?

Rebel73_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Any of you guys have any kind of security system on your bike?

There's bike Lo-jack, and then there's physical disc locks and stuff like that. Any recommendations?
 
I carry a cable that I put thru the back wheel and up over the seat when on trips, but for everyday no, and my bike is in a garage overnight.

I know my brother had a disc lock years ago on his Kawasaki 900, came out of a club, forgot to remove the disc lock and made it about 5 feet before the disc locked up, he fell over and broke his leg. Others must have had the same issue because most disc locks come with a flag or string now to remind you not to do that.
 
Thread starter
There's a lock I saw on Ebay that locks the clutch lever. That would eliminate the possibility of forgetting to remove it like a disk lock. The way I see it, anything is better than nothing!

Of course, that won't stop a ring of thieves from lifting the bike up onto a truck bed, but I figure a solo opportunistic miscreant might move on to an easier target.
 
Locking the fork is all I do. It would be pretty hard to load a bike on a truck when it only turns left!
 
I got the U-lock. And never used it so far.
 
The fork lock is easy to break and motorcycle thieves know how to gain leverage on those. Disc lock works great, just don't forget it's on! GPS locator is good too and put a sticker saying something about an anti theft device by the spedo.
 
To be honest, this is not an Harley Davidson or high performance sport bike. Doubt there is much of a market for stolen CB1100 but what do I know. My concern is with people wanting to sit on it for pictures. Had my bike dropped from that many times in college.

Cable, chain or disk, lock. GPS tracker for finding after stolen. 5 shot S&W with concealed carry license and never let it out of sight is best.

My three bikes sleep in garage with alarm system.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
My bike is housed in a garage and rarely out of my sight when I'm on the road.
If I'm at a motel I use a cable and disc lock through the wheels and frame. I also put a light weight cover over the bike. I don't know if that helps or not, but out of sight, out of mind.
Bike theft isn't a big issue around here so I'm less concerned about it, but I take these precautions anyway.
Most places I would stay have well lit areas and security cameras as a deterrent too.
 
Scorpio SR-i900R Alarm: Live GPS tracking, remote kill switch (very cool, but bad for thief if he is riding down the road when you kill motor at 65 mph while bike is in gear!), perimiter protection to help guard contents of your tailpack/saddlebags, tankbag, etc., instant alert texts sent to your phone if bike is moved/attempted hotwire/etc.

Scorpio SRX-900 Security System - RevZilla
 
Here where I live motorcycle theft is very common. two weeks ago two 2012 ducati panigales got stolen form a garage in van nuys ca... Them low lifes don't even ride em, they just carry the bike and load them in a truck or van even with the handle bar locked. For me, to minimize the chances I rarely go to bike meets,group rides or events on any of my motorcycles. I'm just paranoid that I might get followed on my way home... Though what works for me so far is a chain lock,bike cover and the bike squeezed in between my car & the wifeys, Plus I'm really nice with my neighbors and in return they look after any property in the vicinity and their very nosey too so that works well.

Abus Motorcycle Locks have nice variations of standard disc,chain and even disc locks that are electronic that when tampered an alarm goes off...
 
Maybe Honda should start putting the HISS on the US bikes.
 
But I don't want a Ducati! LOL
 
I must be paranoid, even in my garage, I lock my motorcycle front wheel/discs with a Kryptonite, bicycles, snow-thrower and generator, we don't have many thefts, but it would keep the kids from just walking by and grabbing something if I have the doors open.
 
Lol you sound like my brother... Everything is always locked, even in the garage, and his keys are hidden...and he never leaves the garage door open or unlocked. House the same way. If you visit, he unlocks the door, lets you in, and then locks the door behind you.
 
I secure mine by keeping it in a locked garage with the key in the ignition. Even after last year after losing my trolling motor along with $1500 worth of tackle and gear from my sled (kept behind the gate) to thieves I have doubts about someone stealing the CB. But I don't park it outside when home and it's secure at work and church, the two places I park it the most when not home. Otherwise, I lock the forks when out and about. 3 or 4 average size guys can easily lift it and throw it in a truck in a matter of moments so I quit worrying about it. If someone is going to steal it, it's stolen.
 
Where does the bulldog ride on that Duc, for remote duty? Lol

Kill switch at 65mph, sweet revenge if you don't care to get bike back in reasonable shape. I would think some lawyer might sue you for doing that even though it was being stolen.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top