Another reason I ride every day

So sorry, Dsan. I hope her passing is gentle and brings your family some peace.
 
Sorry Dsan. I experienced similar about 6 years ago with my mum. I came back to U.K. to be with her and then obviously to attend her funeral/celebration of her life. This was organized as a joyous non religious occasion and some family members, I had not seen for many years. In a positive way, it was actually very nice with everyone telling funny/crazy stories about my mum (& dads) earlier years. Like others have said, I think about them every day especially when times are tough but also I am very thankful to have known them.
This is mum sometime in the '40's touring the Swiss Alps on a Triumph twin


Keep your chin up, mate as your surrounded by well wishers!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thank you all Mom is finally free ! She passed today at 12:00. Dad has been talking about getting a new bike. He sold his 09 kawi Concors a few months back. We will be planning some rides.

Dave.



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Condolences Dave, may she rest in peace now.
 
Condolences, Dave. It's a sad day. Take time with your family to celebrate her life. It's surprisingly cathartic and you may find yourself laughing a good deal.
 
Thread starter
Well, I got the call a little bit ago, John passed at 5:30 a.m. this morning. So sad. I was afraid it would happen while I was at the rally. When I visited him the day before leaving I told him to hang in there until I got back and he did. He fought for a long time. Such a sad ending for a really nice guy.

So today I will gear up, say a prayer for John and go for a nice leisurly ride and fondly think about the 25 years of adventures he and I shared together all across this country. I would ask anybody else riding today to dedicate their ride to John, or another fellow motorcyclist that no can longer ride as well.

RIP John.
 
Condolences on the loss of your friend, John, Ferret. A sad day for you and his family.
 
So sorry to hear, ferret. As I follow your tutorial and do my 1000 km inspection and oil change today, I will think of John and you and how lucky you guys were to have such a great enduring friendship.
 
Sorry for you loss, Mickey. I hadn't planned on riding today, but I will do so in honor of your friend and in support of mine.
 
Thread starter
Thanks Sea, I appreciate how you put that, and your support yesterday when you encouraged me to return the call saying the end was near.

Also to you Cormanus and QimmieQ
 
A toast, appropriately with tea, to John and his friends who loved him. Ride In Peace.






Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Thanks LR. Very fitting Sea.

Dianne and I feral pig hunted with John on several occasions in south Texas in the 90's, so Dianne suggested we ride out to Chilo, Ohio to a restaurant we call the Pink Pig (because of a statue out front) and eat lunch. I had a pork tenderloin and a sweet tea lol
 
Losing someone close to you always hurts. My condolances to you ferret and John's family.

I will not be able to ride today due to rain and cool 50 to 60 degree temps. Most of the upcoming week does not look very good.
 
Nothing can replace a dear friend who has left us. My condolences, ferret, on the loss of your close friend John.

I went for a ride after dinner, following a weekend of family activities, to reflect on John's passing and what such moments mean to those of us who remain. Although I was looking, I did not find inspiration for a fitting photo in remembrance...

Then I realize I already had one, taken earlier in the day. My dog found this little one sleeping in the tall grass out by the garages, while its mother was away. Reminds us that life is something under constant renewal, and as life passes it also springs forth anew.

8c75a942ad12a21a42ef778ed45f52af.jpg
 
Been quiet, Ferret, but I've been following your story with your dear friend John, so beautifully captured here, for all so inclined to to appreciate and learn from, and just live through along with you. Long term friendships are among the greatest parts of living, in my opinion. So sorry for your loss.
 
Back
Top